PDA

View Full Version : idle problem on KA24E

socalPignose
01-17-2009, 12:57 PM
when i start the car it goes up to 2000 rpm then goes down to 1000 then just shuts off and when it does idle at 600 the car starts shaking nasty for like 20 sec then it turns off. but when i was driving it before it idled perfect and ran good then all of a sudden it started acting up like this

does anyone whats the problem?

alzahakar
01-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Check your injectors. Unplug them one at a time to see if the idle changes. If you pull one and the idle doesn't change, you have a dead injector.

socalPignose
01-17-2009, 08:55 PM
ohh lol alright than man thanks cuz like when i drove it to my aunts house to change my clutch i was gassing it cuz the clutch was about to just go out on me then it started acting like that...but now thats one problem and still my new clutch kinda doesnt grip when im changing gears like i change it from first to 2nd and theres like a little lag cuz it doesnt grip is there like any adjusting i can do to make it grip? someone told me its the short shifter i have

socalPignose
01-19-2009, 04:57 PM
checked them and changed the one that was mest up but it still idles like that

can anyone show me a picture where the idle control valve is on a single cam?

slothonaleash
01-19-2009, 05:19 PM
I would suggest that you have a vacuum leak somewhere

That would make sense with your symptoms. Start hunting :)

As for your clutch... Is it slipping? Get your car going 30 mph or so and pop it into 5th gear... Floor it. If your revs rise quickly but your car doesn't seem to be accelerating, then your clutch is slipping. Sorry it's time for a new one in this case.

Where does your clutch engage? do you have to let your foot out all the way to the top of the stroke for the clutch to engage or does it seem to be normal? My slave cylinder is fucked up and so the point of engagement rises and rises as I drive... Once it gets to the top, the clutch starts slipping.

You can adjust that... there's a little adjust screw on the back of your clutch pedal which adjusts where it engages in the stroke of the pedal.

socalPignose
01-19-2009, 07:52 PM
I would suggest that you have a vacuum leak somewhere

That would make sense with your symptoms. Start hunting :)

As for your clutch... Is it slipping? Get your car going 30 mph or so and pop it into 5th gear... Floor it. If your revs rise quickly but your car doesn't seem to be accelerating, then your clutch is slipping. Sorry it's time for a new one in this case.

Where does your clutch engage? do you have to let your foot out all the way to the top of the stroke for the clutch to engage or does it seem to be normal? My slave cylinder is fucked up and so the point of engagement rises and rises as I drive... Once it gets to the top, the clutch starts slipping.

You can adjust that... there's a little adjust screw on the back of your clutch pedal which adjusts where it engages in the stroke of the pedal.

i found that stupid leak lol it was a small hose lol i put a new cap and roter and putting a new fuel pump too i bet its all old lol...

i put a new clutch already lol ill try what you say about putting it in 5th lol

it seems normal its just when im driving it feels like it slipps alittle that grips and when i pop the clutch on a turn it grips too its only when im driving and shift gears.

ill try to adjust it to see whats up