PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Dampener....... remove or not?

usajdm
01-14-2009, 03:49 AM
So whats your opinion on removing the clutch dampener.............. good or bad?
I know different makes of cars have different results by doing this.

If its felt that this is a plus, Im assuming, like others a stainless line is best to use to fill the gap, so who can give me a part number or a link to this?

Thanks alot for the help.

Mister.E
01-14-2009, 03:58 AM
most people just remove the dampener and then bend the hard line, without crushing it of course, and then screw that in and call it a day. mine was already done when i got the car, and it really doesnt feel that bad. the clutch operates perfectly fine. i heard its a bitch to bleed the system with the dampener in

brndck
01-14-2009, 09:17 AM
most people just remove the dampener and then bend the hard line, without crushing it of course, and then screw that in and call it a day. mine was already done when i got the car, and it really doesnt feel that bad. the clutch operates perfectly fine. i heard its a bitch to bleed the system with the dampener in

/\/\/\/\ its not a bitch to bleed it, its literally IMPOSSIBLE. i've spent a full hour, both with a vacula, filling it from the bottom up, and manually bleeding it and it never bled out.

remove that ish and it'll bleed out in about 5 minutes.

allntrlundrgrnd
01-14-2009, 09:40 AM
ive never had the damper hooked up. not even on the car anymore

Rockogtr
01-14-2009, 09:52 AM
i had it in onmy car and it was weird... i drove the car fine for a year and a half and then one day the clutch just went, i put the clutch in went to shift to 4th gear adn the pedal never came back... i took the dampner out bled it and its worked ever since

theronin
01-14-2009, 11:21 AM
my question to you, why would u not remove it? it makes no sense that nissan put that in there. literally takes 10 min to do. remove the loop, carefully bend the hard line, or get a SS one. reconnect, bleed. i removed them on both my s14's with no problems for 5+ years. while ur down there, put a speed bleeder on ur slave and save yourself even more time.

djcobra
01-14-2009, 11:46 AM
I removed my Dampener by installing the NISMO Clutch line Kit. The Kit comes with a Stainless Steel Braided line and a Bolt/Plug which means you don't need to bend the Stock Hard Clutch line.

Anyways, both ways work I just hate bending old lines, which tend to kink and then you're screwed.

Steve.

94_240sx
01-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Nissan put it there to minimize the pedal vibration shfting at higher RPM, but yeah you don't need it.

projectRDM
01-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Hardlines don't kink if bent slowly.

Remove it. Simple as that. There's no need for it. I learned about it over nine years ago and haven't touched a car since where it doesn't get trashed.

S13 curtis
01-14-2009, 11:50 AM
i don't use it.

theronin
01-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Hardlines don't kink if bent slowly.

Remove it. Simple as that. There's no need for it. I learned about it over nine years ago and haven't touched a car since where it doesn't get trashed.

there you have it. from the mouth of Russ himself. if ur worried about vibrations at high rpms.... dont drive a 240sx.

LA_phantom_240
01-14-2009, 01:00 PM
there you have it. from the mouth of Russ himself. if ur worried about vibrations at all times.... dont drive a 240sx.

Corrected for ya ;)

palmdale_mob
01-17-2009, 12:48 AM
I tried bleeding the clutch after doing this
http://zilvia.net/f/archive-faqs/16929-how-fix-clutch-pedal-sticking-weakness-etc.html
Like brndck said impossible
Clutch stayed on the floor board
I took out the dampener and clutch got its pressure back real quick
Its still a little soft so I'll have to bleed it some more tomorrow