PDA

View Full Version : Brake lights staying on.......

scoobyjoe
01-12-2009, 05:07 PM
i have a problem with the taillights staying on after i turn off the car i have disconnected and connected the button on the brake pedal to see if it was stuck but the lights remained on so now i have been disconnecting my tail lights so that my battery wont die. this sucks ass cuz my kouki's are on their way and dont want to deal with this shit.thankx:bigok:

Def
01-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Check the rubber "nub" that fits into the hole on your brake pedal and keeps the brake light switch depressed when the pedal is up. I bet it disintegrated and fell out so the switch is always extended.

That or the switch died.

scoobyjoe
01-12-2009, 05:35 PM
thanks i will check that out

g6civcx
01-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Or you can duct tape a penny to the brake pedal to activate the switch.

Good job, Def.

memo92
01-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Check the rubber "nub" that fits into the hole on your brake pedal and keeps the brake light switch depressed when the pedal is up. I bet it disintegrated and fell out so the switch is always extended.

That or the switch died.

Yeah Joe , check that rubber nub. My Dad had the same problem this past summer with his Nissan Hardbody P/U. I went to my local Nissan dealer's parts department and they had that rubber nub. The piece is colored green now, but Nissan uses it on most of their car models. I bought two because my 240's clutch pedal needed one also, that rubber stopper fell out on clutch pedal assembly, so I had to reach under my dash to hit that clutch-pedal-safety-switch to start my car.
When you get it, you will have to lube it or put saliva on it so that the small part of the nub will go through the hole at the top of the pedal assembly.

Laters!

memo92
01-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Joe, if your getting your Kouki tail-lights at a dealer, then buy this rubber stopper as well. It's a see-through green, kinda like a Gummy Bear.

PART NO.: 46512-H0101

DESCRIPTION: RUBBER-STO 48D

LIST: $ 1.82

I hope this is the fix.

scoobyjoe
01-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Thanks you guys i really appricate it.:bigok::bigok::bigok:

SUPERSTAR
01-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Put a RB26DET and it will fix the problem. =)

scoobyjoe
01-13-2009, 02:20 AM
i should, want to help me out.:naughty:

SUPERSTAR
01-13-2009, 10:58 AM
You know it. :2f2f:

Def
01-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Or you can duct tape a penny to the brake pedal to activate the switch.

Good job, Def.

I just know the fix because I had the same problem. Also had the clutch safety switch issue with the nub that took me months of figuring out why the car would rarely start up, so it took me about 2 seconds of thinking about it to figure it out the second time around. That and it only takes about 5 mins to drain a PC680 battery with all the taillights going.

millertm
05-22-2009, 09:37 PM
This just happened to me tonight... after replacing the o2 sensor connector about 5 hours ago. I would have never known this was the issue. Sure enough there was 5 peices of the nub laying in the floor board.

Thanks!