PDA

View Full Version : Cargo/Passenger Space...

SMRT RCR
11-12-2001, 05:22 PM
Is there more space inside a pre '95 hatchback, or SE Coupe?  I like the look of the coupes more (like '91 and '92s), but I need the most space possible for passengers and subs.  I have a huge box for 2 12's that would go in the trunk...Also, which model has more trunk space?

BlankFlip
11-12-2001, 05:25 PM
i'm not sure about the trunk space b/c the s13 i rode in all the time was full of stereo equipment (subs, cd changer, amps, etc.). the back seats r pretty much the same, both cramped for passengers in the back. it's not "that bad" if the front passenger puts their seat up to give the person behind them more leg room. i've rode w/ 5 ppl in my s14 before, but 3 is the maximum u'd want in there, if that, probably only 2.

konkman
11-12-2001, 05:46 PM
The s13 fastback(hatch) will have the most trunk spaces because there is not metal creating a separate trunk.  As for space they should be fairly similar, but despit more truck space, you will have to deal with less head room in the back seat.  If you need stereo room, take out the rear seats and fill the whole back with stereo equipment.  

SMRT RCR
11-12-2001, 05:47 PM
Well what do you think about my box fitting in the trunk of either of these cars?  My box is about 3 feet wide by 15 inches high and 15 inches deep!  I heard that the trunk in a hatchback is deeper than the coupe, but im not sure.

konkman
11-12-2001, 05:59 PM
Not really, in the trunk of the hatch you still have the strut towers killing the width of the trunk as you go deeper.  I have a single sub in the trunk that's a little over a foot in width.  The design of the car will accomidate 2 separate sub boxes, not one big one sporting 2 subs.

The only way would be to mount the subs replacing the rear seats.  But you could do that in your car now if you wanted to.