PDA

View Full Version : level of difficulty

lunchbox
02-20-2003, 03:01 PM
i was wondering if anyone had do a ka to sr swap at home, if so was it pretty much straight forward, or you you reccomend that a shop do the work. also did everything come with the engine, like the starter and alternator and stuff of that nature. that only reason i ask about that is i noticed that some places tell you that you will need to supply your own, i was also wondering if that afformentioned will fit from the ka to sr? thanks for any help, assistance, or advice you can spare!

240Stilo
02-20-2003, 03:51 PM
I get the feeling you don't know enough to really do it yourself. So, do yourself a favor and either learn how to do it from someone who has done it tons of times or just pay the cost to be the boss....of the SR that is;) .

elevator
02-20-2003, 04:33 PM
If you have the tools and a mechanical aptitude, you can do it. It will not be like building a kit model, but you can do it. Just don't rush. Take you time and pay attention to what you're doing.

AceInHole
02-20-2003, 04:43 PM
If you've got the FSM in addition to some mechanical aptitude (and of course, have the tools) then it shouldn't be out of your reach. You probably won't get it done in a weekend like a shop might be able to, but with enough time (and god forbid: enough money for when things are messed up) it's definitely possible to do it yourself as you learn :D

lunchbox
02-20-2003, 06:54 PM
thanks for all your help, but the general consensus is, its not hard but i should let a shop do it if i want it done in a weekend. oh yeah one more thing? will the ka parts like the alternator and the starter fit??
thanks again!
-kyle