PDA

View Full Version : bomex body kits

Mr. Spool
02-20-2003, 12:36 PM
I have heard that bomex body kits don't fit up correctly and need an extreme amount of work to get them right. with that said I am wondering if anybody has one and could give there thoughts on them. or or experiences with any other body kits

NiteKids
02-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Bomex is pretty good quality but they acually aren't that great compared to some of the other Japanese bodykits. You'd be surprized on the quality of the body kit cause it's not quite as good as it is hyped up to be. Still really good but not as good as you may have heard. Most of the time it fits already perfect. Body kits like from GP sports Vertex for instance is even higher quality then them. The material used for the GP kits are VERY nice. I saw them at Shine Street here. Of course it doesn't matter what it's made out of if you hit something fast and hard it will break.

s14vaxlr8
02-20-2003, 05:39 PM
my bumper lined up perfectly, before bolting any piece up it just clipped on and you couldnt even tell it wasnt bolted yet, i could care less about material as long as it isnt too flimsy
i have vis sides and they clipped right on too no struggle at all

elevator
02-20-2003, 06:00 PM
My BOMEX front bumper fit PERFECTLY! I had to drill the holes but it fit great and I had zero problems. I have never heard any negatives about BOMEX body parts.

orange-grey
02-20-2003, 10:31 PM
There was one screw hole that didn't line up perfectly on my Bomex front end, but it was no big deal and the rest fit nicely. I'm most impressed with the durability of the material, as i scrape it hard quite often and seems damn near indestructible despite having almost zero flexibility. A couple times I got out of my car expecting a big chunk missing but everything was fine. The only thing I don't like about Bomex is most of theri designs are pretty wacky.

elevator
02-21-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by orange-grey
There was one screw hole that didn't line up perfectly on my Bomex front end, but it was no big deal and the rest fit nicely. I had to drill all my holes. There were none. Maybe the JDM market BOMEX stuff is that way.
I'm most impressed with the durability of the material, as i scrape it hard quite often and seems damn near indestructible despite having almost zero flexibility. A couple times I got out of my car expecting a big chunk missing but everything was fine. The stuff is like iron!
The only thing I don't like about Bomex is most of theri designs are pretty wacky. What I've seen I've liked. I sure like mine. That's why I bought it.

Mr. Spool
02-21-2003, 10:20 AM
I apreciate everybodys replies, this has helped me quite abit in setling on what kit to go with.

crazyikimasho
02-21-2003, 11:45 AM
I have always heard that Bomex was very high quality on fit and workmanship, however I hear that VIS is the opposite and is a poor fit if you are by chance considering VIS.

Mr. Spool
02-21-2003, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the imput on vis, I was cosidering c-west or du- luck as a substitute for bomex though I would apreciate any thoughts on these as well.