PDA

View Full Version : Quick wastegate question stock t25

DataXUnknown
01-09-2009, 09:22 PM
The little bar keeps falling off on the wastegate therefore the turbo keeps spooling all funky and only boosting around 5k rpm's. Is there anything that holds this little goober on? Everytime I go to my engine bay I put it on, then I drive and within the first couple minutes it falls off again. It didn't used to do that, maybe like a cotter pin or somthing to hold it in place it seems like?

GSXRJJordan
01-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Is it falling out of the actuator, or off of the wastegate flap?

murda-c
01-09-2009, 09:28 PM
wouldn't no wastegate make the car boost more?

edit :nvm the actuator keeps tension on the flap.

I think there is supposed to be an E or c clip on the end of the pin that the rod attaches to.

take a pic of yours.

Sileighty_85
01-09-2009, 09:56 PM
yeah its an E-clip they get rusted by this time and fall off

you'll see a ring cut into the pin that the rod hooks to, thats where the clip goes

DataXUnknown
01-10-2009, 02:31 PM
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8141/img0022ir5.jpg

I just looked at my backup turbo and saw the problem. You guys are right there is a stupid TINY ass clip that feels like I can break it. I slipped it on my current turbo.

We'll see how it works out haha. Oh and just to get things right, that bar, along with the small thing at the end with the nipple on it (boost line) is the wastegate. And the other side where the bar connects to the little flap is actuator?

Trying to get my turbo terms straight.

ThunderbaySr20
01-10-2009, 03:02 PM
you can buy an assortment of those clips at like autozone, they are cheap, and you can put a new clip on