PDA

View Full Version : wheel hop

hashiriya13
02-19-2003, 09:06 PM
On my last 240 (89) i bought it and had the suspension changed waiting for the engine rebuild so i never drove it with stock suspension and i had no wheel hop. Well i just bought a bone stock 90 and i get alot of wheel hop when turning and when the wheels start to break loose. But I have taken it hard and sideways and no hop only at slower speeds amd when the wheels start to break loose. Iam not used to this much wheel hop so is this normal on the stock sus? I have looked at the rear end and can see nothing wrong. I just bought the car on the 15th. So i have not got it on a lift yet for a good inspection but i will this weekend. But if someone can give me any insight if this is normal or not it will help alot. thanks

Tubed4evr
02-19-2003, 09:24 PM
Worn out stuts can produce this effect. My little brother's S14 did the same thing and we found it was his rear struts. If they are the original dampers then there is a very good possibility that's your problem. You can also check and see if there are any noticably worn bushings in the rear.

hashiriya13
02-20-2003, 12:35 AM
Thanks I will have in the air this weekend so I will check those areas then.

sykikchimp
02-20-2003, 07:52 AM
agreed. Rear subframe bushings, or struts blown. With the stock suspension, and stock bushings you will still get some wheel hop though.

rps13 SR
02-20-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Tubed4evr
Worn out stuts can produce this effect. My little brother's S14 did the same thing and we found it was his rear struts. If they are the original dampers then there is a very good possibility that's your problem. You can also check and see if there are any noticably worn bushings in the rear.

I like the lip on those rims Nice

thx247
02-20-2003, 05:19 PM
its not a phantom grip LSD in the back or anything is it?

hashiriya13
02-20-2003, 08:28 PM
I dont know much about the phantom grip but i have only heard it only works half the time. I dought it even has an lsd and i hope it does not have a phantom grip or it really sucks. But looking at the sub frame bushings today they dont look to be in to good of shape so I am pretty sure that has allot to do with it.