PDA

View Full Version : Not an S chassis still Nissan problem

FaLKoN240
01-08-2009, 03:32 PM
My G20 about 3 weeks ago was driving fine, it would occationally hiccup (like a jump in power when throttle is applied) but nothing serious.

Anyways, I was driving home, came to a hill and I applied more throttle to get me up the hill the car suddenly hiccupped, but did not want to accelerate like it normally would. The car wouldn't go past 3000 rpm... all the electronics in the car worked fine, the gauges worked fine, but the car didn't want to accelerate at all, I tried downshifting but it made the car just hesitate more when I applied more throttle.

I limped the car off the freeway and made it into a parking lot where once I stopped moving and the car couldn't roll off the transmission it died.

I tried to start the car up, it cranked would turn over, but it would slowly choke out and die after that.

I tried a few more times, same thing then it died.

After a couple of tries the car would not turn over, it would just crank.

I decided to tow the car home and fix it later.

I checked out the sparkplugs they're getting spark. Not a problem getting spark.

Then I thought maybe it was my fuel pump, because when I turned the car into second stage I didn't hear a whirr from the fuel pump of the car, low and behold the fuel pump DOES NOT PRIME..

So I thought "Oh it must be the fuel pump." I tested it out, and it spins when 12 volts from a battery is applied. So I put it back into the car.

I thought maybe its a fuse or relay, I checked the fuse, its fine, the relay I had an extra one laying around so I just changed it out for the hell of it.

Still nothing.

So I thought hmmmm seems like when I had a bad ECU!

So I bought a new ECU...

STILL NOTHING.

The car cranks but won't turn over, and the fuel pump DOES NOT prime.

There is a bit of oil in the sparkplug area of cylinder 3 BUT I think its just the valve cover gasket and the grommets the car did not exhibit any symptoms of a bad headgasket or losing compression at all.

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?!

CrimsonRockett
01-08-2009, 03:38 PM
MAF?

My dads '96 Pickup started choking/cutting out at 3,000rpm.

MAF had gone out.

Check that out yet?

slider2828
01-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Did you check the voltage to he fuel pump?

bejota180sx
01-08-2009, 08:55 PM
like slider2828 said... did you check that you stock wires are sending power to the pump?? check the fuel pumps wiring... could be that it isn't getting any power...

FaLKoN240
01-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Found out the problem.

Wiring on fuel pump was ghetto, and had a bad relay.

My black car (S13) is the gift that keeps on giving.

I really miss that car. :(