PDA

View Full Version : crazy ecu , not sure what to do

zaquanh
01-05-2009, 10:16 AM
on every sr20 ecu ive used , there is a led and a screw , you turn the screw start the car and it goes into diagnostic mode , led blinks blah blah blah

but on my black top e5 ecu

there is no led

when you turn the screw in both directions nothing changed , car drives regular?

it doesnt even look like there is a post for the led , theres a hole but nothing except the board inside ,

but i still have some problems and wanted to check codes , what should i do with that ? ive never seen this before

slider2828
01-05-2009, 10:36 AM
I think there has been posts about this. I believe there were some ecu's don't remember what year that had no LED in it. I think you use the check engine light or a CAN scanner or something...

96Turbo
01-05-2009, 10:55 AM
on my RB25 Ecu there is no screw or LED whatsoever. I hafta jump the CHK (diagnostic start) wire on the ecu to the IGN wire for a few seconds with the key in the ON position.

Then, when i disconnect these 2 wires it's in diagnostic mode and the codes flash on my check engine light

zaquanh
01-05-2009, 02:04 PM
on my RB25 Ecu there is no screw or LED whatsoever. I hafta jump the CHK (diagnostic start) wire on the ecu to the IGN wire for a few seconds with the key in the ON position.

Then, when i disconnect these 2 wires it's in diagnostic mode and the codes flash on my check engine light

does this work on the sr too?

anyone know