PDA

View Full Version : NEW TO NISSAN car wont start !!!

RevKid
01-01-2009, 04:16 PM
hello fellow zilvia kids i just traded my eg6 for a clean 240sx fastback
so when i got it it started up fine and drove fine and after a session of drifting
lol my car doesnt start with the clutch i have to press the button by the clutch pedal and my car also makes a clicking sound and it sometimes bogs

pls help me i am a honda guy and just got into nissan

s13 @ fullboost
01-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Why have you been a member since 06 if you just got into Nissan??? Thats what I want to know

Here man this is where you will find everything you need from drifting to clutch replacements =]

http://www.nicoclub.com/

RevKid
01-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Why have you been a member since 06 if you just got into Nissan??? Thats what I want to know

Here man this is where you will find everything you need from drifting to clutch replacements =]

Nissan Forums | Infiniti Forums by NICOclub.com, the original Nissan Forum for true enthusiasts. (http://www.nicoclub.com/)

naw im using my friends account ...

GSXRJJordan
01-01-2009, 04:57 PM
If the clutch pedal isn't properly contacting the switch up there, it means you bent it, or the switch isn't "screwed" in like it needs to be (there's a threaded adjustment for it, you'll see when you look down there). When this happens, there will be no clicks.

If you're getting clicks from the interior (clutch relay works) and from the engine bay (starter relay works), it means you're either not getting enough power to the starter motor (dead battery), or your starter is dead. Check your positive battery terminal (the huge black/red wire is the starter's power wire), your battery voltage, and see where the prob is.

alzahakar
01-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Honda guys... You know it only takes a free email account to get your own zilvia account, right?

B_mart24
01-01-2009, 05:30 PM
stick to honda's....lol....and you shouldnt "drift " if you dont know how, or are not at a track

RevKid
01-01-2009, 06:21 PM
stick to honda's....lol....and you shouldnt "drift " if you dont know how, or are not at a track

wow brah such dicks in this forum shit did u know how to drift when u first started ? and i have my own account ever since jan but i cant post any threads

RevKid
01-01-2009, 06:23 PM
If the clutch pedal isn't properly contacting the switch up there, it means you bent it, or the switch isn't "screwed" in like it needs to be (there's a threaded adjustment for it, you'll see when you look down there). When this happens, there will be no clicks.

If you're getting clicks from the interior (clutch relay works) and from the engine bay (starter relay works), it means you're either not getting enough power to the starter motor (dead battery), or your starter is dead. Check your positive battery terminal (the huge black/red wire is the starter's power wire), your battery voltage, and see where the prob is.

thanks brah no clicks when i press the clutch it only starts sumtimes when i push the clutch in but it starts all the time when i press the button

B_mart24
01-01-2009, 06:25 PM
no but i went to a safe environment, aka the track, and learned from people who knew how...

sounds like your pedal is bent or something causing it to not engage the switch fully

Sileighty_85
01-01-2009, 06:26 PM
thanks brah no clicks when i press the clutch it only starts sumtimes when i push the clutch in but it starts all the time when i press the button

If it starts everythime you press the clutch swith then either it need to be ajusted or the rubber bumper on the clutch pedal arm the presses the button has broken off

RevKid
01-01-2009, 06:42 PM
no but i went to a safe environment, aka the track, and learned from people who knew how...

sounds like your pedal is bent or something causing it to not engage the switch fully

ok than i do it in a semi safe environment lol there are alot of empty factories and warehouses where i live so that where i practice and i have alot of friends that are teaching me how to drift and they been drifting for a long time they are the ones who got me into drifting

Shokinem
01-01-2009, 06:48 PM
i like stick 2 hondas and when i started drifting i had the basic ideal

projectRDM
01-01-2009, 06:59 PM
wow brah such dicks in this forum shit did u know how to drift when u first started ? and i have my own account ever since jan but i cant post any threads

We usually like people who can type English. I've read that four times and still have no idea what you're trying to convey.

Shokinem
01-01-2009, 07:02 PM
haha lets type slanguage

redline racer510
01-01-2009, 07:18 PM
whoa slanguage! whats that?
lol

racepar1
01-01-2009, 07:24 PM
hello fellow zilvia kids i just traded my eg6 for a clean 240sx fastback
so when i got it it started up fine and drove fine and after a session of drifting
lol my car doesnt start with the clutch i have to press the button by the clutch pedal and my car also makes a clicking sound and it sometimes bogs

pls help me i am a honda guy and just got into nissan

ok than i do it in a semi safe environment lol there are alot of empty factories and warehouses where i live so that where i practice and i have alot of friends that are teaching me how to drift and they been drifting for a long time they are the ones who got me into drifting

There is not one god damn complete sentence in any of the above quoted posts. Do hondas rot your brain or something? And what is with all the "brah"? We aren't a bunch of stoned idiot surfers! Welcome to zilvia. Type readable posts.

Now as for your problem, the little rubber bumper that clips into the clutch pedal and activates the switch almost certainly fell out. I'm not sure if you can buy them from the dealer or if they are discontinued though. You have to find out.

alzahakar
01-01-2009, 07:42 PM
http://bb.xieke.com/files/50cal%20aspirin1.jpg

s13 @ fullboost
01-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Nissan Forums | Infiniti Forums by NICOclub.com, the original Nissan Forum for true enthusiasts. (http://www.nicoclub.com/)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dude thats were its at check it out sign up like YOU said before

"wow brah such dicks in this forum shit"

well over there they understand people who have switched scenes from honda to Nissan so become a member and never log back on to zilvia be it on your account or your friends and just use Nico no need to thank me just trying to help out

RevKid
01-01-2009, 09:17 PM
my bad just wanted to know whats wrong with my car thanks s13 @ fullboost i already made a account

s13 @ fullboost
01-01-2009, 09:39 PM
your more than welcome buddy =]

haha

FaLKoN240
01-01-2009, 10:05 PM
OK guys get over it, he used to be into hondas.

Who cares.

Get down there in your footwell, press the clutch down with your hand and see if the bracket is making contact with the little button...

If not you need to adjust the buttons location or bend the bracket. Its quite simple.

If your car is bogging you might just have a dirty AIV (Air Idle Valve) there are plenty of threads on this forum about correcting that, just search.

ericcastro
01-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Now as for your problem, the little rubber bumper that clips into the clutch pedal and activates the switch almost certainly fell out. I'm not sure if you can buy them from the dealer or if they are discontinued though. You have to find out.
heres your answer.
Very common.

Now about you "Brah".
or should we just call you spicoly.

It's thursday, so you just finished illegally street drifting, which fucks everything up for the rest of us. So knock that shit off.
Your friends that have been drifting for years, suck balls.
there fucking horrable at drifting!
And If they are any decent, Me or a couple of the other people in this thread would know them and they wont be offended.

so come out here. Watch, learn, ride along, pay and bring your car.
http://zilvia.net/f/motorsports/228608-626drifts-1st-practice-event-2009-jan-3rd.html

Or keep wasting your time and tires on the street with the rest of your Akina Speed Star buddies. Keep telling each other your getting better, keep diluting your self brah.

JRas
01-01-2009, 11:39 PM
sell and get a lifted truck :P

bypass the clutch interlock relay, and starter relay

good luck, 'brah'

traxx07
01-01-2009, 11:49 PM

Don't worry about everyone they think they are "Drift Kings". Only the assholes tell you to "search" or just post to be a dick. Others will help out being that they know everyone is not a expert on Nissans.

The reason you can't post anything is because you have to confirm your registration through your E-Mail so if you put a phony E-Mail you cant confirm.

Good luck and keep drifting...

ericcastro
01-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Don't worry about everyone they think they are "Drift Kings". Only the assholes tell you to "search" or just post to be a dick. Others will help out being that they know everyone is not a expert on Nissans.

The reason you can't post anything is because you have to confirm your registration through your E-Mail so if you put a phony E-Mail you cant confirm.

Good luck and keep drifting...

first, I believe he can't post because he needs to have a certain amount of post first. (50?)

second, we are dicks to people that dont take the time and respect to post something we can easily read.
You want us to take out time of our day and help, but couldn't spend an extra 10 seconds to spell and format correctly.

Third, the dude is talking about going out with his buddies and illegally street drifting. Which living in Southern California doesn't help our image as street racers any.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s242/castro_castro/Photo_101708_003.jpg
a year in a halves worth of tickets here is SoCal. Only one is an actual moving violation. The rest are because I am profiled as a street racer, thanks to guys doing illegal dumb shit with thier cars.
Pulled over, hood popped, searched, Harassed and blamed for street racing deaths, because we are profiled into this kids "Street drift" clique.

Thanks for nothing brah

DataXUnknown
01-02-2009, 12:36 AM
^ That really sucks

I must agree though, everyone is being really kinda harsh. I'm not complaining or anything, but I mean we shouldn't be bagging on a Honda guy switching to Nissan. At least he made the right choice, and I mean comon some of us drive Honda's for dailys. And yeah I agree with "Keep it to the track" but no need for additional comments other than that.

-> If the little thing popped out like mine did, the thing that engages the clutch switch button, I just used duct tape and wrapped it around a couple times covering the empty hole.

Oh and yes, and please do work on your typing it does bug a lot of people.

scels240
01-02-2009, 12:39 AM
ericcastro ur a respectably guy to me and funny as hell with the akina thing
haha still laughing about it

s13 @ fullboost
01-02-2009, 12:43 AM
Sorry guys he is not going to read any of your post's I showed him where Honda Nissan guys hang out and where there not "dicks" like us haha I switched him over to the dark side young skywalker is not commin back at least I think he isnt but if he does he will atleast get to see a few nice posts torwards him haha I am going to miss that 'brah'

s13Carlo
01-02-2009, 04:20 AM
hasan your a tard. dude if you wanna make an easy fix to never have clutch safety switch problems connect the 2 wires behind the switch and you wont ever need the switch again

s13 @ fullboost
01-02-2009, 01:52 PM
carlos he had already been helped he is off to Nico

and I like your Nismo looks good saw it in the pic thread =]