PDA

View Full Version : Injector questions

akiraintegra06
02-17-2003, 01:35 PM
anybody know what type and flow rate the stock ka24e injectors are? mine are trippin, everytime I wiggle the injector plugs my car starts to stumble so I want to replace them... I was lead on to this one day when my car would run fine and when I hit a bump or somthin it would start to run like crap. My friend has about ten sets of honda injectors and a few plugs. just wondering if I could swap them out....really need to know if the injectors are peak and hold or saturated?
TIA
Scott

allmotorKA
02-17-2003, 01:49 PM
Stock KA24E injectors are saturated (for sure) and I think (not positive) they flow 259cc/mm at 43.7 psi.

Jeff240sx
02-17-2003, 01:55 PM
The KA-e injectors are also top-feed. I don't know what Honda injectors are... but make sure they're top feed. Even then, they might not fit your rail (but it'd be easy to adapt them if they are larger).
-Jeff

misnomer
02-17-2003, 03:11 PM
My sister's '89 had a similar problem, wiggle the connector and it stumbled. Occaisionally would stumble or lose power when just out on the road. The issue wasn't the injector, but the connector. I'd check into those before going all out on the injectors.

akiraintegra06
02-17-2003, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the info guys.
anyone know where to get new injector plugs( not used new, but new new).
Scott

misnomer
02-17-2003, 08:36 PM
Dealership, courtesynissan.com. . . somethin' like that?

mrdirty
02-18-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by misnomer
My sister's '89 had a similar problem, wiggle the connector and it stumbled. Occaisionally would stumble or lose power when just out on the road. The issue wasn't the injector, but the connector. I'd check into those before going all out on the injectors.

my vote too, had this problem last summer.