PDA

View Full Version : clutch/pressure plate/flywheel ???'s

Blackzenki82
12-25-2008, 06:35 PM
okay guys, so i'm getting a cheap ass clutch kit (F1 off of ebay), and a ACT six puck disk.... the question is, could i use the bad ass ACT6 puck on the F1 clutch's pressure plate? my car came with a ACT six puck, but the pressure plate surface is shot and i've been doing research and it cannot be resurfaced... so could i mate thus clutch disk to the F1 pressure plate? and just toss the F1 sprung 6 puck....

also, i see fidanza and spec make flywheels with the removable friction plates... i before i realized Spec makes the same type of flywheel as fidanza, immediatly thought mine was a fidanza, and ordered and new friction plate for it.... but then i saw that Spec has the same set up.... my flywheel is not marked with any brand, kinda old, sticker fell off, and just some random engravings..... question about this, is, if it is a Spec flywheel i have and not a Fidanza, will the friction plate still work? gauging from the pictures online of the two flywheels, they what appears to be an exact same bolt pattern and size... i've looked online for flywheel brand recognitions, and came up empty...

thanks guys!!!!! ________________

projectRDM
12-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Only way to know on the flywheel is to bolt it up. If it fits and all the bolts seat into a hole you're fine.

As for the clutch, you can usually mix and match discs with pressure plates if they're new but mixing old and new parts isn't a good idea. I'd also bet the clamping force isn't a match for those units either.