PDA

View Full Version : Car Won't Start. Please help.

1998cc
02-15-2003, 06:48 PM
I just finished installing a radiator fan and my car won't start. It won't even turn over. I hear a really fast clicking noise when I start it, which I think is my ignition. The pulleys move a little then stop. Does anyone know what the problems are? Thanks.

kalieaire
02-15-2003, 09:48 PM
if the motor turns a little and stops, it's possibly your starter.

are you sure your battery has enough power?

did you convert from mechanical fan to electrical fan system?

that fast clicking noise could be your starter solenoid being kinda weird. get a friend to help u turn the ignition while you look for the sound.

if the sound is coming from the starter, then your relays are working ok but your solenoid is messed up.

if you hear no sound from the starter and sound from the relay instead, your relay might be messed up.

96SEChick
02-15-2003, 09:52 PM
Could it be the altenator? If your altenator goes bad, you may not be able to start the car at all. If it does start, it will probably die very soon after anyway--if the alt's completely gone. What symptoms did it give before it just flat-out wouldn't start? Does it do the fast clicking while you're trying to start it? Or does it stop after a bit (while you're still trying to start it)? How old is the battery? You should have that tested as well--if a cell is dead, then you won't even be able to jump-start the car.