PDA

View Full Version : Ford and Chevy pull out of NASCAR!!!

blu808
12-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Fuck yea!!!!!

SidewayZ-s14
12-22-2008, 11:56 PM
lol. Nascar.

Matej
12-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Seriously?

I kept saying they should do it, if they want to prove they're going to spend wisely.

I never thought it would happen.

Can it be true?

Haha, unthinkable.

blu808
12-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Im soo happy. This will either mean the death of nascar, or it will have an influx of Japanese manufacturers.

WIN

soreballz
12-23-2008, 12:10 AM
The death of professional motorsports as we know them has begun.
Subaru and Suzuki drop from the WRC.
Honda drops from F1.
Ford and Chevy pull from NASCAR.
Audi pulls out of the American Le Mans series.

Who's next? Is Falken gonna pull out of D1? lol

YoungGun
12-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Hmmmmmm....

dorkidori_s13
12-23-2008, 12:12 AM
lol...without ford and chevy...that leaves....................

toyota?

Matej
12-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Toyota will be #1 in all motorsports by default.

YoungGun
12-23-2008, 12:15 AM
lol...without ford and chevy...that leaves....................

toyota?
Prius' turning left.

lol

soreballz
12-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Toyota will be #1 in all motorsports by default.
Which would be HILARIOUS, considering that Toyota doesn't even make sports cars anymore. :rofl:

SexPanda
12-23-2008, 12:18 AM
Which would be HILARIOUS, considering that Toyota doesn't even make sports cars anymore. :rofl:

lol.

What about the...

Uh...

Corolla S! the S is for SPORT!

soreballz
12-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Well, I guess the Lexus IS series kiiiiinda qualifies as a "sports car"... But that's beside the point. This thread is about Ford and Chevy sucking so much dick that they've had to drop NASCAR.

Edit: Ya know, I've been looking around online... I haven't found any evidence to support the claim that Chevy and Ford are dropping out. Hmmmm... Luke, are you fucking with us? lol

Gorilla Unit 33
12-23-2008, 12:24 AM
< is laughing of the thought of a nascar geared S chassis shell fully gutted with a titan swap V8 (to meet nascar V8 specifications) smoking all.

HAHAHA... for real though everytime i think about nascar it reminds me of this:
YouTube - Sweet Daddy D Talks About Nascar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JevDW11ZrF4)

NISMO_tuner
12-23-2008, 12:26 AM
I looked online, and i see now evidence that Ford and Chevy are pulling out...
Can u post the website where u found this?

I bet u this is just an early April fools prank...lol

blu808
12-23-2008, 12:26 AM
I just saw it on the news. For reals.

Well, I guess the Lexus IS series kiiiiinda qualifies as a "sports car"... But that's beside the point. This thread is about Ford and Chevy sucking so much dick that they've had to drop NASCAR.

Edit: Ya know, I've been looking around online... I haven't found any evidence to support the claim that Chevy and Ford are dropping out. Hmmmm... Luke, are you fucking with us? lol

SidewayZ-s14
12-23-2008, 12:29 AM
LOL. An early April fools prank! xD

Matej
12-23-2008, 12:29 AM
< is laughing of the thought of a nascar geared S chassis shell fully gutted with a titan swap V8 (to meet nascar V8 specifications) smoking all.
http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/kuga2/imgs/6/3/636e8c66.jpg

landins13
12-23-2008, 12:30 AM
nissan would have to make a Z with a V8 and we would here on the international news

O herro NASCAR now big #1 sport in japan, no more drift make left and right turn, car suspensions now tuned for big left turn

silly_13
12-23-2008, 12:32 AM
well toyota was already in nascar i think they had the avalon or the camry

NISMO_tuner
12-23-2008, 12:32 AM
I just saw it on the news. For reals.

which station was it on?

blu808
12-23-2008, 12:35 AM
I think channel 6 news.

ericcastro
12-23-2008, 12:36 AM
Who's next? Is Falken gonna pull out of D1? lol

Close,
Formula D.

silly_13
12-23-2008, 12:38 AM
nascar yeeeee haaaaaawwwwww....

karl wasabi
12-24-2008, 12:41 AM
That would actually leave Dodge and Toyota in the Cup series.

I highly doubt this will happen as a lot of the sales of Ford and Chevy come from NASCAR fans. If they drop out of NASCAR to save money, they are like dropping advertising and therefore should actually do worse in sales.

Andrew Bohan
12-24-2008, 12:49 AM
wouldn't it just mean that factory backed ford and chevy teams are pulling out, not that teams will no longer use ford or chevy chassis?

zerke
12-24-2008, 01:01 AM
lol who cares about NASCAR

sideways7
12-24-2008, 01:09 AM
WTF is Nascar?? :tinhat:

silly_13
12-24-2008, 01:12 AM
nascar is where a bunch of rednecks get drunk and race their cars on circles lol....
i fall asleep watching nascar.....

SUPERSTAR
12-24-2008, 01:13 AM
I pull out all the time, nothing wrong with that.

wow-thats-a-cool-car
12-24-2008, 01:27 AM
wait castro are u serous about falken getting out of formula D?

silly_13
12-24-2008, 01:40 AM
lol hahaha

karl wasabi
12-24-2008, 02:01 AM
lol who cares about NASCAR

NASCAR IS AWESOME!!!

Nothing at all...

ehh...they are a big sponsor, but it's possible?

kingkilburn
12-24-2008, 02:07 AM
Just think if the big three backed GT racing instead of "stock car" racing. There might have been real engine design advancement in the last forty years.

God I hate NASCAR.

DataXUnknown
12-24-2008, 02:52 AM
wtf...isn't Nascar only ford and chevy cars?

so wouldn't that mean that there is no more nascar? I wonder what they are going to do with the big circle courses? *cough*rent them out to the drifters for cheap*cough*. now we just gotta be putting down 900hp+ to make these huuge embankment turns!

VQMaxFan
12-24-2008, 03:15 AM
From Drag Racing Onlne...

DRO was sent information from a well-connected industry source outlining GM’s plan of action going forward. It should be noted that this info came prior to the December 19th announcement from President Bush that GM would get a “bridge” loan to keep the General from declaring bankruptcy in the very near future.

According to the email, the GM Performance Parts business is up for sale, but that isn’t all. GM is also going to auction off part of their historic car collection, which contains pristine examples of all of the cars they have produced from a 1904 Olds to 2008 hi-po models. Reportedly 150 cars will be sold at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Phoenix in January and another 250 at the B-J at Palm Beach later in the year.

Other cutbacks include getting out of most forms of racing immediately and out of NASCAR within two years, and dropping all of their track sponsorships with the possible exception of the Daytona NASCAR track which reportedly can’t get any interest from any major auto manufacturer.

Of course no one has verified this at GM, but then who would expect them to when they are busy trying to just keep the doors open. [12/19/2008]

GSXRJJordan
12-24-2008, 04:09 AM
Lol @ pulling out jokes - same thing I thought.

Just think if the big three backed GT racing instead of "stock car" racing. There might have been real engine design advancement in the last forty years.

WTF do you call the LS1? The LSx head design is 100% Nascar derived. The LSx motors are arguably the best street motors on the planet, considering power, weight, price, and aftermarket support. Nascar gave us that.

Oh, and the C5R block and heads, which became the LS7 - Nascar gave us that, not Le Mans.

Phlip
12-24-2008, 06:55 AM
I think channel 6 news.
I would need a source more credible than "channel 6 news," for those of us whose channel 6 is public access.

wtf...isn't Nascar only ford and chevy cars?

so wouldn't that mean that there is no more nascar? I wonder what they are going to do with the big circle courses? *cough*rent them out to the drifters for cheap*cough*. now we just gotta be putting down 900hp+ to make these huuge embankment turns!
Dodge and Toyota as well.

This whole thing sounds fishy and untrue, considering that Ford isn't taking any of that bailout money, and Dodge is in the worst shape of ALL of the companies represented in NASCAR, so why would THEY continue and Ford not?
I don't believe this shit one little bit.

IIIXziuR
12-24-2008, 07:45 AM
All the execs. and higher-ups just need to stop receiving like $1M bonuses now...

Blacksilvy
12-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Well really if we step back and look at what all is going on isnt this possibly a good thing for us amateaur drivers. I mean realisticly if we look at this in a different light with all this big wig manufacturers pulling out of racing who lets face it 9/10 of their cars have a ludacris amount of money invested where us joe's simply cant compete wouldnt that leave a vacancy for racing to finally return to some form of grassroots motorsport where anyone with a decent budget can finally compete again on a higher level. I mean it leaves the possibility for the normal guy to finally be able to have the chance and not have to worry about the people with the really high budgets that couldnt compete with. And besides loking at nascar when was the last time anything about the cars "stock". Id say its time for the nissan community to finally come out and dominate since the gtr is finally stateside. But this is jus my 2 psi :jerkit:

ROUGE180
12-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Automakers Pulling Out of NASCAR, F1, Le Mans -- Can Racing Survive?

Automakers Pulling Out of NASCAR, F1, Le Mans -- Can Racing Survive? - U.S. News Rankings and Reviews (http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/daily-news/081205-Automakers-Pulling-Out-of-NASCAR-F1-Le-Mans-Can-Racing-Survive-/)

kingkilburn
12-24-2008, 01:03 PM
GSXRJJordan

I can some what give you the LS series. They took techniques learned in motor sports and applied it to the streets, but can you name some thing from the last twenty years by Dodge or Ford. The only thing that comes to mind for me is the dohc v8 in the Mustangs(that is certainly not NASCAR derived).

deadpirate
12-24-2008, 02:38 PM
falken is not pulling out of formula D. they cut down their team a little bit. but will still be competing. no worries

lol@ big 3 not being in nascar. good shit

GSXRJJordan
12-24-2008, 03:35 PM
GSXRJJordan

I can some what give you the LS series. They took techniques learned in motor sports and applied it to the streets, but can you name some thing from the last twenty years by Dodge or Ford. The only thing that comes to mind for me is the dohc v8 in the Mustangs(that is certainly not NASCAR derived).

Lol, actually since I don't give a shit about Ford or Dodge, no, I can't tell you anything that's Nascar-derived.

90KAcoupe
12-24-2008, 04:04 PM
when we are asking is racing will survive we need to think about just because formula D is no longer around or even D1gp for that matter.. is it going to stop u from showing to a drift event?? just because nascar is gone.. do u think the rednecks at the local oval are gonna stop?? if anything it could be benificial to motorsports.. we can all agree that america has a problem with ruining sports by making them multi billion dollar businesses. this is really only going to affect the millionaires running the shit. there are still gonna be passionate drivers that still drive no matter what.. and they are still going to proceed and become better drivers.. and when they reach pro.. they will still drive pro.. they just wont live in mansions and drive 30 different exotic cars..

oh and sorry about my gramar.. im extremely tired.. and i dont feel like proof reading anything.

90hatchie
12-24-2008, 04:17 PM
formula d isnt around?
last i saw they got schedule done for next year
and d1gp is coming back to the usa next year also :-)

GSXRJJordan
12-24-2008, 04:37 PM
A couple people have pointed out that just because the "Factory" cars arent there, doesn't mean people aren't still racing. This is true, but it does mean that the sponsors might not spend as much $$$ on advertising (would Home Depot or Lowes pay those huge dollars for a regular privateer's car? Probably not), and there won't be as much new parts development... now, given that Nascar hasn't changed much in, oh, 40yrs, that's not a huge thing, but the sponsor $$ does matter.

But shit, it's Nascar, who the hell cares?

Flicktitty
12-24-2008, 04:53 PM
damn, if that actually happens the motorsport world would really crumble.

Nascar imo is boring on TV but pretty neat in person.

I LOL at everyone who thinks it's easy.

ericcastro
12-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Someone picked up on what I said :) lol

Reportedly 150 cars will be sold at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Phoenix in January and another 250 at the B-J at Palm Beach later in the year. [12/19/2008]

I wanna watch the aution this year !!

falken is not pulling out of formula D. they cut down their team a little bit. but will still be competing. no worries

I had heard it from a good source at Red Bull LB, that they were going to pull out.
And Apparently Federal might try and fill the shoes.
We will see.

I really hope not though. Falken keeps a big part of Formula D going, and I just dont think Federal could do that.

I LOL at everyone who thinks it's easy.
Its Hella easy Bro. Cole Trickle killed it his first season after seeing some races on ESPN and leaving Outlaws.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s242/castro_castro/harryhogge1.jpg

KwKouki
12-24-2008, 11:36 PM
the return of grassroots motorsports!!!!!! BOOYA!!!!!!

Xclusive_racer
12-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Fuck yea!!!!!

CAN YOU GET A 93 LONG BLOCK FOR MY 240sx? HOW MUCH? LETS TALK BUISNESS

autoxcessna
01-03-2009, 02:42 AM

hahaha oh dang that was a good ride on the ROFLcoaster.

Phlip
01-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Looks like GM is still in:
FOX Sports on MSN - NASCAR - Report: GM renews sponsorship with Daytona (http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/9042558/Report:-GM-renews-sponsorship-with-Daytona)

wow-thats-a-cool-car
01-07-2009, 11:54 AM
I wanna see them start racing the same cars they build. that would be some funny shit lol

racepar1
01-07-2009, 12:09 PM
The weird thing is that I don't think that ford is in any real financial trouble. GM I understand, but ford is weird. I guess now it is going to be chrysler vs toyota. :down:

To all those hating on nascar, get a life and grow a brain. The nascar technology is pretty old stuff, but the "car of tomorrow" is much more advanced then the previous cars. Nascar also happens to have some of the best actual racing in the world. F1 races are boring as shit, most ALMS races only have spots of actual racing (at least for the LMP classes), JGTC *yawn*, IRL *pshhhtttttt*. The only series that have as good or better racing are speed GT and touring, austrailian v-8 supercars, GP2, and probably a couple other touring car series that I can't think of.

GSXRJJordan
01-07-2009, 02:54 PM
"Touring cars" are always more interesting to watch, because that's closer to what you can buy off the showroom than a LMP2/P1 car... and that's what Nascar used to be.

Now they have nothing at all in common with the cars they're supposed to be derived from, except stickers representing lights that slightly resemble those of the original. It's just another tube-framed, carb'd v8-powered, live-rear-axle wearing, car that only turns one way the whole race.

I don't watch IRL races either.

racepar1
01-07-2009, 03:52 PM
"Touring cars" are always more interesting to watch, because that's closer to what you can buy off the showroom than a LMP2/P1 car... and that's what Nascar used to be.

Now they have nothing at all in common with the cars they're supposed to be derived from, except stickers representing lights that slightly resemble those of the original. It's just another tube-framed, carb'd v8-powered, live-rear-axle wearing, car that only turns one way the whole race.

Sounds pretty much like a JGTC car, but I don't hear anyone bitching about them. Oh wait, JGTC cars MIGHT have 1 square foot of un-touched floor pan left in them. Honestly though who cares how closely a race car resembles a street car? All I wanna see is a good race from start to finish, in whatever cars (or motorcycles) that may be on the track. NASCAR provides that.

clark
01-07-2009, 03:56 PM
for a while, even before the recent financial crisis, i was always like "they should stop alot of these large scale motorsports" becasue it's kind of a waste of energy and fuel and shit. i love racing and have loved cars forever, but there's bigger problems at hand.

i say be done wtih all the monster truck rallys and drag racing and what not.

alot of people would hate that...

but yay since they're pulling out of nascar, they can keep flying around in their jet.

but yeah this wont' help them that much, pulling out of nascar that is. they're pulling out, but the economy is dumping it all over their back.

Matej
01-07-2009, 04:11 PM
90's touring cars were cool because they were tucking wheels.

http://www.stillphotography.co.uk/gallery/d/15787-3/92_odor_brands_w.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/94/Derek_Warwick_1998_BTCC.jpg/800px-Derek_Warwick_1998_BTCC.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/80/Will_Hoy_1998_BTCC.jpg/800px-Will_Hoy_1998_BTCC.jpg
http://marklanyon.com/gallery/albums/DoningtonPark22-02-07/Bernard_Hogarth_Ford_Mondeo_2000_BTCC.sized.jpg