PDA

View Full Version : Passing smog

Drift Style S14
11-15-2001, 12:22 AM
Ok now i know this has been brought up before but i need to know will a Ka that has a turbo on it pass smog in california. What about a SR20DeT? is there any way to get a SR to pass smog besides getting hooked up???

11-15-2001, 12:25 AM
i don't THINK the sr would pass smog...but do correct me if i am wrong..and with the KA-T on the day of the smog test just remove the turbo system and after that put it back in....i emailed that one dude who made the turbo for the SOHC ka and thats what he told me..i never removed nor installed a turbo b4 so i won't know if it's any simple or hard...but hey it's only once a year..hehe..

Drift Style S14
11-15-2001, 12:41 AM
well with the KA-T it makes sence. but what about the SR i know there are quite a few of them around in cali. I know one of the editors of a import mag has a 240 with the SR. How the #### do they pass it? besides getting hooked up? there has to be a way, maybe hook up an aditional cat?

samiam
11-15-2001, 04:56 AM
The only other way you might pass smog depending on where you live....me Texas.....is have a different bolt-on exhaust system with a couple of cats or resinators or something. Here they don't give a ####, they just look at it and nod. "Thanks for the inspection dumb-ass" Atleast until they get that new computerized detector, then it's off to the Southside to see a couple friends.