PDA

View Full Version : No dash lights

kingkilburn
12-12-2008, 12:22 AM
I got my car running again(intermittent short was caused by corrosion on alternator fuse) but I noticed I don't have dash lights now. I know they were working last time I drove it and that was coming home from having a stereo installed. Well I popped my fuse panel and checked the fuses that I thought would be the problem and this is what I found:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/kingkilburn/S13fuseblock.jpg

Is this the right fuse for my problem and if so how would I go about fixing this?

Edit
Stupid photo bucket resized my pic. The text says missing fuse connector.
I just remembered something that might be useful, the previous stereo had a wire coming over to that fuse, I wont to say it was the illumination wire but I'm not sure.

whatda
12-12-2008, 12:27 AM
thats what happend to

me still not fixed

wow-thats-a-cool-car
12-12-2008, 12:31 AM
there is a white box by the fuse box. Find a new one and replace it. It always gets blown out when you put in a new sterio for some reason. But if you have an HUD cluster the HUD has to work for the dash lights to work

jdm538
12-12-2008, 12:33 AM
yup what he said in the driver side kick panel there is a white box. i used to have the same problem until i replaced that.

kingkilburn
12-12-2008, 12:37 AM
It's a fastback, no HUD.
What about the missing connector?

ero714
12-12-2008, 12:41 AM
i have the same problem and i didnt even know where to look anymore. thanks you guys

kingkilburn
12-12-2008, 12:53 AM
Which white box :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/kingkilburn/S13fuseblock2.jpg

YoungGun
12-12-2008, 01:00 AM
bottom one.

kingkilburn
12-12-2008, 01:10 AM
How do you test one to be sure it works? I don't want to go pull one from the local yard and find out it's trash or that it wasn't the problem in the first place.

lilaznjeff
12-12-2008, 01:14 AM
^Just steal it from the junkyards It's an easy ass steal.

install it.

90% sure that's the problem.

If you had a HUD cluster, that would be your next bet. Capaciter might be out.

kingkilburn
12-12-2008, 01:24 AM
It's a fastback, no HUD.

I know it's an easy steal but why waste time stealing a non working part? I want to confirm this is the broken part before doing any thing else with it.

projectRDM
12-12-2008, 09:47 AM
I got my car running again(intermittent short was caused by corrosion on alternator fuse) but I noticed I don't have dash lights now. I know they were working last time I drove it and that was coming home from having a stereo installed. Well I popped my fuse panel and checked the fuses that I thought would be the problem and this is what I found:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v403/kingkilburn/S13fuseblock.jpg

Is this the right fuse for my problem and if so how would I go about fixing this?

Edit
Stupid photo bucket resized my pic. The text says missing fuse connector.
I just remembered something that might be useful, the previous stereo had a wire coming over to that fuse, I wont to say it was the illumination wire but I'm not sure.

There should be nothing from the stereo plugged into your fusebox. If all fuses are good and they're all in place (the missing one may not be used, your fuse cover will list the fuses and circuits), then replace the TCU.

kingkilburn
12-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Well I grounded the illumination wire in the stereo harness. I have dash lights again but I still have something drawing power from the battery when the car is off:bash:.

whatda
12-12-2008, 06:59 PM
ohh shit
im gonna get like every 240's
white box thing
the next time i go to thew yard

repda916
12-12-2008, 07:17 PM
do they work when you step on the brakes?

kingkilburn
12-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Yes they do.

On a side note the climate control buttons don't light up. I have removed the TCU, would that be why? I plan on just repairing it so if that is why I wont look into it any further.

projectRDM
12-12-2008, 11:38 PM
do they work when you step on the brakes?

Completely different circuit. The brake lights are powered through the switch on the pedal, which is fused independently of the parking light circuit.