PDA

View Full Version : accessory indicator lights not working

Devil Man
12-10-2008, 09:15 PM
ok i have tried to search this as i hate to make threads but i really give up with this and im hoping that someone has had a the same problem and can just point me into the way i need to go.

ok i have a s13 and when you turn on the driving lights which turns on the backlighting to the buttons accessories whatever you want to call them the ones around the dash. this would include, the cruise control,haz,rear def, the light controler, and so on all these buttons. Is there some kinda a fuse somewhere or somthing that controls these? the odd thing is that the rear wiper washer ones seem to work and they are the only ones that work i figured that they might have been on a different circut then the rest of them. also my car is a hicas car but i removed that warning button since i no longer have the rear wheel rack.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Devil Man
12-11-2008, 11:24 AM
no one? i dont know if i am calling these buttons by there right name or not maybe thats what is affecting my serching and not being able to find it

Row
12-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Maybe your TCU is burned out. Its a white box behind the drivers kicker panel.

Devil Man
12-11-2008, 11:50 AM
mmm ok thanks for that info... now i guess i got to go find one somewhere.. what would be the sings of that being burned out do you know?

ryguy
12-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Those don't light up, do they?

Devil Man
12-11-2008, 11:55 AM
yeah they did at one point and i know on my last hatch they did too... or else its like impossible to figure out what your hitting at night time to get something going

g6civcx
12-11-2008, 12:19 PM
The bulbs are burned out. It's hard to open the buttons to replace the bulbs without breaking anything so go to the junkyard and practice a few times before you do it on your own car.

Devil Man
12-11-2008, 01:39 PM
The bulbs are burned out. It's hard to open the buttons to replace the bulbs without breaking anything so go to the junkyard and practice a few times before you do it on your own car.

i thought that this might have been the issue... just found it odd that all of them were burned out or whatever.

were would you buy the bulbs that go inside of these switches though?

Devil Man
12-11-2008, 03:03 PM
ok so i took the haz one apart and it does seem that the little buger might be burned out... but holy crap where do you get these bulbs i have been trying to google this number that was on it but nothing

tsd 077... wtf?

ps... and who has he been screwing, he was wearing a condom when i took it apart.. tee he he

projectRDM
12-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Nissan does not sell the bulbs. Best bet, go to a junkyard and start pilfering switches. I did that a few years ago and came up with a ton of extra bulbs, but out of maybe 60 only a dozen or so worked. You're lucky though, S13s only use one type of bulb, most screw in from the side of the switch, S14s have different types and clip in from inside the switch. Nissan also uses about two dozen other types of bulbs throughout the model range so make sure the ones you're getting match up.

Devil Man
12-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Nissan does not sell the bulbs. Best bet, go to a junkyard and start pilfering switches. I did that a few years ago and came up with a ton of extra bulbs, but out of maybe 60 only a dozen or so worked. You're lucky though, S13s only use one type of bulb, most screw in from the side of the switch, S14s have different types and clip in from inside the switch. Nissan also uses about two dozen other types of bulbs throughout the model range so make sure the ones you're getting match up.

mmm interesting.. i just got off the phone with the stealership and they said that they do sell the bulbs.(wouldnt be surprised though if you are right and they just made a mistake in telling me that they did). the thing is that i would have to mod one of the other bulbs to make it fit the haz seeing as the haz is the only one they dont sell... but i took another one apart and it doesnt seem to be burnt out. So im starting to question this tcm tuc w/e the hell its called. but if that was the case and this thing controled all the lights then the one that controled the wipers shouldnt work as well... but thats in a perfect senerio i guess and we are talking about cars strange things do happen..

now if i remeber corectly i seem to recall a thread that someone put led's in these... i just cant seem to find it so if anyone has that link that would be great seeing as i might be taking that route so i can see what the hell im hitting at night time haha

ryguy
12-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Sorry for the crazy 'they don't light up' statement. Maybe mine are burnt out too, I can't remember. Anyways, before you go at the bulbs, take a multitester or a test light and see if you're getting any current to the bulbs.

g6civcx
12-11-2008, 10:54 PM
So im starting to question this tcm tuc w/e the hell its called. but if that was the case and this thing controled all the lights then the one that controled the wipers shouldnt work as well...

Time control unit (TCU). The lights in the hazard and rear wiper/washer buttons are pulled directly from the the parking light circuit.

g6civcx
12-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Good luck.

Climate Control and Dash Light Replacement: 240sx Articles: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub (http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/283040)

Devil Man
12-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Good luck.

Climate Control and Dash Light Replacement: 240sx Articles: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub (http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/283040)

holy shit this is gonna be fun..... sigh

projectRDM
12-12-2008, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=Devil Man;2503204 but if that was the case and this thing controled all the lights then the one that controled the wipers shouldnt work as well... [/QUOTE]

Why do you think that? The TCU controls numerous things but the wipers are not part of it.

Devil Man
12-13-2008, 09:06 AM
Why do you think that? The TCU controls numerous things but the wipers are not part of it.

im sorry i meant the wiper buttons not the wipers themselves the wiper button is the only one that lights up which makes me belive that it cant be that TCU since one of them is working, but i guess its possible that the TCU could be toast and it just luck that the wiper button lights up... well atleast half of it, the washer button doesnt light up (or maybe its the washer does and the wiper doesnt)