PDA

View Full Version : #1 cylinder no spark s13 sr20det black top. Please help!!

DATSUNDAN
12-08-2008, 01:31 PM
I HAVE AN S13 SR20DET BLACKTOP SWAPPED INTO MY 72 DATSUN 510. AS FAR AS MODS GO ALL I HAVE IS A TURBO MANIFOLD, TURBO BACK EXHAUST, FMIC AND INTAKE AND THATS IT. STOCK EVERYTHING ELSE. WELL THE OTHER DAY I DROVE MY CAR IN THE RAIN AND SUDDENLY MY CAR STARTED MISFIRING. TURNS OUT THE NUMBER ONE CYLINDER TOWARDS THE FRONT OF THE CAR IS NOT GETTING ENOUGH OF A SPARK OR NONE AT ALL. IVE REPLACED THE COIL PACKS ALONG WITH THE PLUGS AND STILL NOTHING. ANYBODY HAVE ANY INSIGHT ON THIS :axe:

4x4le
12-09-2008, 07:52 PM
have you checked your ignitor chip?

DATSUNDAN
12-11-2008, 05:37 PM
checked the spark with another plug and i have a spark so i think it just may not be getting fuel to that one cylinder cause it looked pretty dry after a few cranks. any info on what that might be now?

smelly240
12-14-2008, 04:06 AM
injector wiring.

steve shadows
12-14-2008, 05:15 AM
Or the pins on the ECU.

Make sure none of the pins on your ECU are corroded, had this happen to me on my old S13 dragger.

PM me if you need tuning or appt for diagnostics too maybe i can help in person.

Cheers

DATSUNDAN
01-23-2009, 05:39 PM
:wtf:by pins on the ecu do you mean from the harness or inside of the ecu, cause i opened the ecu the other day and on the pins of 3 of the proccessors was like blue-ish battery acid type stuff... so i cleaned it off and none of the circuit board is burnt or blackened in any way. reconnected the ecu, went to start my car and one of my ignition relays started burning out, so i replaced it and the same thing happend and now i have zero power to the entire car.. one problem to the next. got any sugguestions?

DDSR240
01-24-2009, 03:37 PM
You just found out the hard way you are not a computer repair man but on a side not I have a e5 ecu if you are interested.:tardrim: