PDA

View Full Version : S13 SR into 95 S14 Harness Help Needed ASAP

FinkenS14
12-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey guys Im swapping a redtop S13 SR20 into my 1995 S14. I have gotten the upper harness modified but now I am really confused.

I have a S13 lower harness, and the old KA lower harness. The S13 lower harness plugs into the alternator, knock sensor, speedo sensor, and thats it. I can also not find where or if the S13 lower harness will hook up to the upper S14 harness. It also does not hook up to the fuse box (connections arent the right type).

Now as for the KA harness, it hooks up to the fuse box, alternator, and starter, but does not have a plug for the speedo sensor and a few other things.

Now my main question here:

DOES THE S13 LOWER HARNESS HAVE TO BE MODIFIED IF YOU ARE SWAPPING AN S13 SR20 into a S14.

Thanks!!!

projectRDM
12-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Yes.

Both lower harnesses have plugs for alternator, starter, oil pressure switch, and transmission switches. S13 and S14 are different, as are auto vs. manual. SR vs. KA are as well. The KA harness DOES have the VSS, it's red and red/yellow, 2pin. I'd just use the KA harness that exists, it's the same plugs for your major items and you can rewire or swap switches on the transmission. Nothing else needs to be cut/spliced.