PDA

View Full Version : Difference between 2 way and 1.5 LSD

pink godzila
12-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Like the title said, what is the difference between 2 way and 1.5 LSD??

unlegendary
12-07-2008, 05:45 PM
search and google.

let me just say the 1.5 works identical like your vlsd but better and fewer miles lol.

Stevespeed
12-07-2008, 05:47 PM
I garuntee you some one is about to yell "USE THE SEARCH" function, but then again this is not nico club

The Difference is that a 2 way lsd will lock 100% torque to both wheels (1 way) on acel, and 100% torque to both wheels on decel (1 way)

and a 1.5 way will do the same as a 2 way on acel but only do 50% torque to both wheels on decel (.5 way)

hopefully that helps you.

i started posting this before the previous post before mine was made.

and look what happened.

g6civcx
12-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Too much spoonfeeding.

Kaaz USA (http://www.kaazusa.com/intro2.html)

racepar1
12-07-2008, 06:15 PM
1.5 way does not completely lock on decel which allows for better turn-in but less stability underbraking. For drift you want a 2way, for road race or a multi purpose diff you want a 1.5way.

chadca18s13
12-07-2008, 11:04 PM
search and google.

let me just say the 1.5 works identical like your vlsd but better and fewer miles lol.

a vlsd is a 1.5 way....

lol

...noob

listen to the rest of the guys. 1 way diff is an open diff. 1.5 way is a vlsd. 2 way is somethin like a kaaz or a nismo. like the rest of the guys said the main difference between 1.5 way and 2 way is a 2 way will lock on both acceleration and deceleration. if your not going to drift i wouldnt bother with a 2 way as they are loud as shit. if its daily/drag/daily racer the go with a vlsd or a helical diff

louisdaboois
12-08-2008, 09:53 AM
a vlsd is a 1.5 way....

lol

...noob

listen to the rest of the guys. 1 way diff is an open diff. 1.5 way is a vlsd. 2 way is somethin like a kaaz or a nismo. like the rest of the guys said the main difference between 1.5 way and 2 way is a 2 way will lock on both acceleration and deceleration. if your not going to drift i wouldnt bother with a 2 way as they are loud as shit. if its daily/drag/daily racer the go with a vlsd or a helical diff

uhm. a 1 way is NOT an open diff. open diffs only supply torque to 1 wheel upon accel. whereas, a 1 way applies to both wheels when torque is applied at accel and neither upon decel. a VLSD is NOT a 1.5 way. generally they work off of the fluid engaging both wheels when accelerating, and transfer the amount of torque between the wheels during turning, for example. still nothing at decel.

and a 1.5 way and a 2 way everyone's already put info on.

murda-c
12-08-2008, 10:12 AM
**insert a bunch of bullshit here**

You're an idiot.

louisdaboois
12-08-2008, 10:15 AM
You're an idiot.

that made me lol

tre4s13
12-08-2008, 12:10 PM
a vlsd is a 1.5 way....

lol

...noob

He said they are identical, BUT the AFTERMARKET 1.5 has less miles you fucking douche.

HS13KLS
12-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Let me google that for you (http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=difference+between+2+way+lsd+and+1.5)

240trainee
12-08-2008, 12:38 PM
This thread is making me cry.

Andrew @ 240sxMotoring
12-08-2008, 12:40 PM
We got a nice little writeup on LSDs on our site here:
http://www.240sxmotoring.com/lsd.html

People should check it out.

Dousan_PG
12-08-2008, 01:15 PM
im changing to a 1.5 lsd on my drift car shortly
cant wait.

240trainee
12-08-2008, 01:17 PM
im changing to a 1.5 lsd on my drift car shortly
cant wait.

But thats the same as a VLSD!!!

And you can't drift with that

WHYYYY????????????

95KA-Turbo
12-08-2008, 03:24 PM
I had a 2-way in my old car, and have a 1.5 -way in my current car. It is SO much smoother then the 2-way. The car feels much more predictable in higher speed non drift situations - especially in the rain. It locks just as good as my old 2-way and you can shift lock it if you really want to but that's basically horrible for your entire drivetrain, haha.

allntrlundrgrnd
12-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Let me google that for you (http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=difference+between+2+way+lsd+and+1.5)

he googled that for you

racepar1
12-08-2008, 03:29 PM
search and google.

NO, FAIL!

a vlsd is a 1.5 way....

lol

...noob

You also FAIL!

Fuck, people are fucking dumbtarded!

Dousan, why the 1.5 way diff?

dori_sil8t
12-08-2008, 03:33 PM
yeaaaa dousey why the change...
may i call u dousey?
ps what cage are u running in ur car???

Dousan_PG
12-08-2008, 04:10 PM
faster entries
shaving less speed

most my friends run a 1.5 in d1gp

drift faster drift faster drift faster!

cage is safety 21
yeah its illegal for 'real events'
but its cheaper then a 'real' cage i cant move over when i crash my car.

1.5 is NOT a vsdl
ive driven on VLSDs
open diff is about the same, imo they both suck
had an HLSD too, fun better but still not a real clutch lsd awesomenesssss

1.5 is not vsld
what retards say taht? seriously.

Bigsyke
12-08-2008, 05:05 PM
uhm. a 1 way is NOT an open diff. open diffs only supply torque to 1 wheel upon accel.

I have an open diff, and both of my wheels spin on accell

Did nobody catch this?

Differentials and Traction

The open differential always applies the same amount of torque (http://www.howstuffworks.com/fpte3.htm) to each wheel. There are two factors that determine how much torque can be applied to the wheels: equipment and traction. In dry conditions, when there is plenty of traction, the amount of torque applied to the wheels is limited by the engine and gearing; in a low traction situation, such as when driving on ice, the amount of torque is limited to the greatest amount that will not cause a wheel to slip under those conditions. So, even though a car may be able to produce more torque, there needs to be enough traction to transmit that torque to the ground. If you give the car more gas after the wheels start to slip, the wheels will just spin faster.

racepar1
12-08-2008, 05:18 PM
I have an open diff, and both of my wheels spin on accell

Did nobody catch this?

Differentials and Traction

The open differential always applies the same amount of torque (http://www.howstuffworks.com/fpte3.htm) to each wheel. There are two factors that determine how much torque can be applied to the wheels: equipment and traction. In dry conditions, when there is plenty of traction, the amount of torque applied to the wheels is limited by the engine and gearing; in a low traction situation, such as when driving on ice, the amount of torque is limited to the greatest amount that will not cause a wheel to slip under those conditions. So, even though a car may be able to produce more torque, there needs to be enough traction to transmit that torque to the ground. If you give the car more gas after the wheels start to slip, the wheels will just spin faster.

Untill one wheel loses traction. If both wheels are hooked up, or spinning, then yes the same amount of torque is being applied to both wheels. Once one wheel loses, or gains, traction though all torque is being applied to the one wheel that is spinning. Also if the wheels are spinning at different speeds (cornering) the amount of torque is no longer equal.

Dousan_PG
12-08-2008, 05:48 PM
yeah and open diff still sucks
end of story.

jamben
12-08-2008, 08:14 PM
its posted

McRussellPants
12-08-2008, 08:21 PM
1.5 is locked 100% on accel and 50% on decel. or however much the ramp rates for the cam are set to lock. then again 100% and 50% is relative to how much the diff is set to lock up by the clutch plate arrangement.

1.5 will shed more speed drifting on decel, im thinking about putting my cusco on the 1.5 cam, but im worried since my car sheds so much speed off throttle already that it'll make following slow cars harder.

MrChow
12-09-2008, 12:48 PM
faster entries
shaving less speed

cage is safety 21

1.5 is NOT a vsdl
ive driven on VLSDs

1.5 is not vsld
That's right. There's a good amount of D1gp cars and formula drift car have 1.5 LSD

cdlong
12-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Untill one wheel loses traction. If both wheels are hooked up, or spinning, then yes the same amount of torque is being applied to both wheels. Once one wheel loses, or gains, traction though all torque is being applied to the one wheel that is spinning. Also if the wheels are spinning at different speeds (cornering) the amount of torque is no longer equal.

nope. he was right the first time.

if one wheel starts spinning, it's still transferring a small amount of torque, let's say 10 lb-ft. the other wheel gets the same 10 lb-ft. if you have a limited slip, the slipping wheel still only gets 10 lb-ft but the other gets the full 100 or whatever.

racepar1
12-09-2008, 01:31 PM
nope. he was right the first time.

if one wheel starts spinning, it's still transferring a small amount of torque, let's say 10 lb-ft. the other wheel gets the same 10 lb-ft. if you have a limited slip, the slipping wheel still only gets 10 lb-ft but the other gets the full 100 or whatever.

You miss the point. Of course the wheel that is not spinning gets a small amount of torque, DUH! A LSD applies the torque more evenly between the wheels. When the diff is fully locked (which not all LSD's actually do) the amount of torque is 100% exactly the same at both wheels. Of course there are times when the diff is not fully locked and is allowing a difference in torque between the wheels, that is why it is called LIMITED slip. Your analysis above is just wrong when it comes to the limited slip part.

dori_sil8t
12-10-2008, 02:14 PM
faster entries
shaving less speed

cage is safety 21

1.5 is NOT a vsdl
ive driven on VLSDs

1.5 is not vsld

thank you sir

supersayianjim
04-08-2015, 08:26 AM
bumping this, anyone else running 2-way diffs??

TheRealSy90
04-08-2015, 04:00 PM
The difference is one half-a-way.

boost infested
04-08-2015, 05:24 PM
I've heard Kaaz 2.5way and 3way lsd is coming in 2016. :O