PDA

View Full Version : Black specs in fuel lines.

2tone1via
12-04-2008, 02:56 PM
I just got a non running 89 coupe for free. I went to change the fuel filter and the fuel that came out of it was gritty and black. I stuck the hose before the fuel filter into a bottle and pumped some fuel into it and noticed black specs and piss yellow fuel. I was wondering what I should/could do about this? I want to pump out all the old gas, put new gas and burn off whatever particles are left over. I'm wondering what the most effective method is for flushing out the lines and getting that nasty old fuel out of the lines/tank? Disconnecting the line at the pump and flushing it seems simple.. but with what and how? Thanks in advance!

japslapsilvia
12-04-2008, 03:10 PM
sounds like the rubber lines are getting old. replace them. dont forget to also change the lines from the tank to the hard lines as well.

easiest way to flush/clean the system is to remove tank and drain and clean, then replcae all the rubber hose. change filters etc. and you can eithor blow compress air in the hard lines or pump fresh fuel through it.

2tone1via
12-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Nice, thanks a lot. This thread can be deleted. I got what I needed. Thanks Zilvia too.