PDA

View Full Version : s13 battery relocation problem, power staying on after key taken out

dogg4217
12-02-2008, 07:43 PM
I have a 93 s13 se. I just finished relocating the battery due to my sr20 swap and boost pipes being in the way.

I followed this write up
Technical Articles: Low-Budget Battery Relocation (http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=212386)

I turn the key to accessory and my power windows go down, my lights work, my ebrake and seatbelt indicator lights come on. Seems like it's working right. Well I turn the key off and pull the key out and the power is still on. I can do all the above while the key is out of the ignition. I mean it's cool and all to power my windows up and down but I know this isn't right.

So to cancel out problems, I disconnect my SR harness from the chassis harness. I disconnect the SR harness to the dash harness, so basically the SR harness is not hooked up anywhere to the other chassis harnesses. Power to the windows and lights is still there. At the stock battery location the power cable has two plugs connected to it. I disconnect these plugs and the power to the windows and lights goes off. Refer to the last pic in the link. THats the two plugs I am talking about.

What is causing my power to stay on after I take the key out?

DrFtKiNg240sxy
12-02-2008, 07:48 PM
your first problem is, you went on nico.

:hahano:

240love
12-02-2008, 07:55 PM
nico might be pretty lame but sometimes they got good info

dogg4217
12-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Eh nico is good for looking up things :Ownedd:

One thing I did was I took the negative cable out and used that in the trunk to hook up the battery. Does a negative cable still need to be hooked up where the stock battery location is?

tgd89
12-02-2008, 10:00 PM
So you took the negative cable that connects the engine ground to the original battery and used it to connect the relocated battery to a ground in the trunk?

You should hook the engine ground to the chassis somewhere, and use a new cable for the trunk battery, though this is probably not your problem.

dogg4217
12-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Yeah I wouldn't think a engine ground would be the problem. I am going to double check the ignition switch to make sure there is nothing wrong with it.

bl3ujay07
12-03-2008, 02:19 PM
you probably forgetting about your turbo timer. lmao. j/k.