PDA

View Full Version : my clutch!!.

fleaf
02-09-2003, 01:03 AM
About a week ago..my clutch started sticking. I thought to myself..."no problem, I'll just bleed the clutch lines and it'll be fine". So I recently bled my clutch lines...but it seems like the problem has worsened. Now when I press on the clutch, there is absolutely NO pressure at all...it feels like it's automatically being pushed in.

Is my clutch going bad? This is my first manual car...I'm going to bleed the clutch lines again tomorrow to see if it doe anything..

Thanks

adey
02-09-2003, 01:22 AM
My first inclination is to say "bleed it again" ... because it sounds like that's the problem. I have a new clutch master cylinder sitting on my floor right now waiting to go in in place of my leakey MC... I once lost all my fluid, causing exactly that problem. You can probably still get some pressure out of it by pumping the clutch, but you will have to fill and bleed it at some point.
Good luck!

mrmephistopheles
02-09-2003, 09:35 AM
How old is your car? How many miles?

Bleed your clutch again, and if it's to no avail, you may need a new master and/or slave cylinder.

96SEChick
02-09-2003, 09:42 AM
Definitely sounds like master/slave cylinder. Or maybe you'll be lucky and it will only be the spring on the pedal mechanism.

I remember how much of a PITA it was to drive my car w/ only 1" of clutch pedal movement when my master cylinder went out. I'm glad I won't have to worry about that again!

fleaf
02-13-2003, 03:21 PM
ok, now if I pump the clutch extremely fast, I can feel pressure building, but it goes away after I stop. Any suggestions of what might exactly be wrong would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..

kalieaire
02-13-2003, 07:00 PM
fleaf, as they we were saying before, it's probably your clutch master cylinder, or slave cylinder, or BOTH.

REPLACE THEM.