PDA

View Full Version : Help.. SR crank but won't start

vincent817
11-30-2008, 06:57 PM
I did the wiring for my amp today. I took out the ECU and carpet on the passenger side in order to do the wiring. After everything finished, I try to start the car. It crank but not start. I also found my e-fan won't start too. The e-fan supposed turn on when the key is on. I believe the e-fan is connected to the fuel pump and I followed the wire of e-fan... it seem to connected to the ignitor (I am not sure about this). Help pls.... http://images.nicoclub.com/forums/images/smilies/cry.gif
ps I checked the fuse.

dkwasherexd
12-01-2008, 12:45 PM
w/e you did to wire the amp, made you disconnect something with the fuel injection wiring.. Does the fuel pump still prime? You said your efan is wired to the fuel pump. Maybe your ecu isnt plugged in? Check your fuel injection wiring..

You need 3 things to start. air fuel spark. We know you have air, check for fuel and spark. Have a buddy turn the key on, while you pinch the fuel line and confirm if there is fuel pressure flowing through. If there is check for spark, remove the spark plug and hold it with a towel while its plugged in to the coil have a friend crank it and see if the plug sparks or grounds off.. Check it.

If you have those three things, it should fire up, unless it flooded. Maybe your fuel injectors are leaking and need to be cleaned.

trmn8r
12-01-2008, 09:43 PM
seems like you did something simple to the system. you need a test light and see if your getting power to the fuel pump and fan you might of disconnected something by accident and not realized it. re check your work and make sure your amp wiring is not interfering with any other electrical circuits

vincent817
12-02-2008, 03:17 AM
thanks for the help... i just found out some wire was unplug near the ECU

Grimsta
12-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Did that solve it?