PDA

View Full Version : DCC Swap

seanc
11-27-2008, 07:41 PM
ok i have been getting clips and doing swaps for people for a while now, needless to say i have had plenty of spare GayDM parts laying around. i have always liked the clean look of the DCC. Ok so i read the write up on here, and ziptied, and a few other places. they all made it seem WAYYYY more complicated than it actually is. so here are some simple directions that will hopefully make it easier. i will take some pictures the next time i tear into my dash to tuck the engine bay harness.

Basically the parts you need are:
DCC main unit with sub harness on the back
Ambient Temp Sensor (the one that a tube can connect to)
Outside Air temp sensor (also known as sunload sensor)
Blend door acutator
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/seanc_wa/DSC_0572.jpg
Blower Motor Speed Sensor (directly behind glove box)
Metal Coat Hanger
Fender Washer for m6 bolt
Short Nut and Bolt m6
thats about it from what i can remember.

Now For wiring:
Remove your factory unit
Remove shifter bezel
Then take out the 4 screws
Push it in and pull it out the shifter hold. cut that damn clear blend door cable and throw it away.

Now For wiring
There is a small 6 wire plug on the DCC sub harness that does not match up with any of the plugs under your dash.
Remove the green with white wire with pin from the plug by prying up the white plastic piece on the top and pulling the wire out with pliers.
Now take a gander at the large 16 pin connector that does plug into one of your underdash plugs. you will notice that there is a blank pin above the light green with black wire. slide your pin and and the hardest part of the wiring is DONE!
Also on the plug where you removed the green with white wire is a blue with red wire. cut it and connect it to the wire on your ACC + wire on your stereo. usually your red wire on aftermarket stereos.
Now take the red wire that has its own plug and connect it to your constant 12v source for your stereo, usually the yellow wire on your aftermarket stereo. this is the memory for the unit.
Thats it for wiring modifications!
Now look at where the white cable came from, this is where the coat hanger pictured above will connect to. there is a black relay right by where it goes, take that off of its bracket and secure it to the side, remove the screw that holds on the bracket and the random screw about 2 inches to the left of that one. Now line up the blend door actuator with the bolt for the relay. Now take your large fender washer and old bolt to the left and use it to secure the other side of the acutator. Now take your coat hanger and make it look like this:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/seanc_wa/DSC_0572.jpg
Now one ends bolt to actuator and the other end goes around the actually piece that moves the blend door that you can see from the right side foot well looking up into the middle.
Now the HARDEST part of the ENTIRE install is DONE! WOOT!
Now rip your glove box off by removing the two screws that hold it on the bottom.
What is staring you in the face is the Motor Speed sensor. Remove it and replace it with the JDM one. Yes the JDM one has 3 prongs and the USDM one has 4 everything is fine. when you put this in. make absolutely sure that the sensor is not making contact with the AC line in that cavity because it will ground and screw up the blower speed.
Last step is to install your Sun Load/Outside Temp sensor, remove the defrost vent on the right side of the car by CAREFULLY prying up on the far edge and sliding the screwdriver towards the middle. Now dremel a hole so the sensor will slide into the far side of it. now just run the wire from the unit to the sensor and your all done with that.
As for the ambient air temp sensor (remember the one with the tube) i just let mine hang out under the center console.

I just did it this exact way a few hours ago and everything works perfect. it probably took me 2 hours from start to finish. the best thing i ever did was ignore all the stuff thats going around on the internet about this swap. hardest part is getting the blend door linkage the correct length.