PDA

View Full Version : dual fuel rails

punkrico
11-26-2008, 03:56 AM
Ive been lookin around alot lately and i see alot of JDM cars running secondary injectors. I was wondering what i would have to do to get it workin on a SR20DET?

timlush
11-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Why? So you can be "JDM"?

irax
11-28-2008, 05:15 PM
why do you need a second fuel rail????

GSXRJJordan
11-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Cars that need 2 fuel rails:
Rotary, V6/V8/etc.

Cars that don't:
All others.

bejota180sx
11-28-2008, 05:50 PM
need more injectors? stick one before the throttle like some people do... a friend of mine used to have a injector before the throttle on his turbo xb, looked lame but it did its job(it only activates after some amount of throttle blah blah blah and he had a shift light that activated when the injector turned on so he would know it was working and not be running lean...) they got that idea from old skul drag racers here...

there now you have an idea for a extra injector... don't ask me how it works i just know it worked and it did its job... even if it did look like crap to me...

junseba
11-28-2008, 06:01 PM
benefits of running dual rails for more injectors is on high powered applications you can achieve a better idle than running 4 larger injectors

the 5th injector method is more common method because otherwise you would have to fit the rail on the manifold and figure out the wiring

last step is some kind of tune

unless you're driving some kind of 700hp drag car its pointless and is not worth the cool points for the work involved

burnsauto
11-28-2008, 06:41 PM
the only time i see duel fuel rails is on high horsepower RB's, so no need for the sr.

DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY
11-28-2008, 07:18 PM
G-dimension just did it for some engine shootout. Its in Turbo mag or Import Tuner (dont recall). If im not mistaken, they did something like 867hp on a SR.

irax
11-28-2008, 09:56 PM
unless you're driving some kind of 700hp drag car its pointless and is not worth the cool points for the work involved

on a 700hp DRAG car it would be pointless IMO because it would be easier to just use larger injectors and fuel rails. it would only make sense if it was for a dailydriven 700hp 4cyl car

punkrico
11-29-2008, 03:31 AM
If its so pointless y are so many ppl doin it n japan? What are the real benefits of having 2 rails? Is it just to fix the idle problem with larger injecters. Oh and by the way i do have a 650hp SR in one of my cars. I dont want it to be "JDM" i just want to know the if it is something worth doin.

bejota180sx
11-29-2008, 07:52 AM
so because they do it japan it automatically means it has a point?...
well from what i've read (so don't take this as a fact because im not sure...) it helps out with the idle when you have big injectors or something close to that... research it on google (im not gonna google it for you, do it yourself...) twin fuelrails or something another forum might have more info on it...

irax
11-29-2008, 08:10 AM
If its so pointless y are so many ppl doin it n japan? What are the real benefits of having 2 rails? Is it just to fix the idle problem with larger injecters. Oh and by the way i do have a 650hp SR in one of my cars. I dont want it to be "JDM" i just want to know the if it is something worth doin.

people in japan also stick small bb's into the epidermic of their penis... should you do this as well???

Let me google that for you (http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=why+is+my+penis+small)

i tried looking for a reason to do a secondary fuel rail system for you and I couldn't come up with anything.