PDA

View Full Version : summit fuel pump?

CmR333
11-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Ok i have been searching for a affordable fuel pump to power my s13 sr. I would just but a walbro but the sr is in my rx8 wich nobody makes a in tank pump for. Ive found a inline pump that is a summit brand and flows 43 gph @ up to 85 psi. will this be sufficent for a basicly stock sr with a few bolt ons a emanage and Eo1.. the item # is sum-g3138. and just for the ones that havent seen it heres a pic , and there is a thread here about it.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/cmr333/DSC02409.jpg

g6civcx
11-25-2008, 07:56 PM
my rx8 wich nobody makes a in tank pump for. Ive found a inline pump that is a summit brand and flows 43 gph @ up to 85 psi. will this be sufficent for a basicly stock sr with a few bolt ons a emanage and Eo1..

I see one problem. You have to think about your pickup when using an external fuel pump.

I have a fuel cell and an external pump. The pickup is at the bottom of the tank and has a special design to gravity feed the fuel pump.

I don't know if you can do that with a stock pump.

I know that even with Walboro they have problems with the in-tank pickup. I don't know how an external pump would work on a stock tank.

As far as the pump's capacity, I don't know. Can you ask your trusted engine builder?

CmR333
11-25-2008, 08:22 PM
the pick up is actually going to be cake. i already have a line in the tank that has a sping loaded lil gadget that holds the pick up tube down to the bottom of the sump on each side of the tank. im more worried about reliabilty and flow capacity. this is my dd and i dont want to be stranded.

projectRDM
11-25-2008, 08:33 PM
this is my dd and i dont want to be stranded.

Well, you're off the right start by removing that gutless turd of a Mazda engine. I don't recall the SR fuel pump's stock flow rate but check it against that and a Z32TT, if it's within that range you should be fine.

CmR333
11-25-2008, 08:46 PM
lol i have removed just about everything mechanically mazda except umm......the interior and the body?