PDA

View Full Version : s14 auto dohc transmission into s13 auto sohc

khmer1
11-25-2008, 05:47 PM
s14 auto dohc transmission into s13 auto sohc would that work? would the ka24de transmission bolt onto the ka24e without any problem was wondering what would be needed to make it work because my trans is about to go and need another replacement and im not trying to go 5 speed since i live where there is alot of stop and go traffic and also it just a dd. I tried searching and didn't come up with anything or most of it is the manual 5 speed swap ones would greatly appreciate the help if any and sorry for the noobish question if it offend yah haha

btw my car is a 1990 automatic SOHC ka24e 240sx and the transmission is coming from a 1997 ka24de 240sx with 82k if yah need anymore information on anything just post it and thanks for your time

projectRDM
11-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Bolt up, plug in, drive car. You'll need to plug the CPS hole on the bellhousing (or swap bellhousings) to keep water from pouring inside when raining/washing and knock the dust seal off the tail to fit the driveshaft, but that's it.

khmer1
03-16-2009, 01:14 AM
i need more info so i could tell the mechanic what to do before he puts it in a list of what to do or what to swap out

toointoxicated62
03-16-2009, 07:31 AM
i need more info so i could tell the mechanic what to do before he puts it in a list of what to do or what to swap out

projectRDM was pretty clear you can bolt it up and drive you just need to remove the driveshaft dust sheild and cover up the CPS hole or just replace the bellhousing with the one from the s13 tranny

The Chad
03-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Wait did this guy (khmer1) really just follow up on his tranny swap from November? Little behind on funds or something?

projectRDM
03-16-2009, 09:14 AM

It's the same transmission. What more does your mechanic need to know? If he can't do a simple remove/replace an automatic without a guide, he's fucked. And so are you.

khmer1
03-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Wait did this guy (khmer1) really just follow up on his tranny swap from November? Little behind on funds or something?

yea stuff came up haha the guy i was planning on buying it from sold it to some one right when i was gonna pick it up so i been waiting for another and since a couple of them came back up i guess it time to try again

also yea just making sure don't wonna be fucked from the mechanic installing it wrong thanks for the info rdm

i forgot to ask does the torque converter and what not from the dohc work for the sohc?

The Chad
03-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Same same from i've been told for the torque converter. You should feel lucky btw to have RDM in your good graces, he's a valuable asset (knows everything) :)

khmer1
03-26-2009, 04:14 PM
*UPDATE STATUS*

well i took it to the mechanic and they replaced my transmission but the problem stills occur it still doesn't shift like how it suppose too(automatic) it just climbs on the rpm staying in first gear unless you shift them manually(1 2 d?) he is saying it the plastic rectangular piece on the TB and said it suppose to send info to the ecu telling it to shift it ...iuono? anyways now he still have it and i hope he is able to figure out what wrong before 11am because i need it to get to work

was wondering if any body can help me figure out whats wrong i will be on waiting for a reply

gtd2000
05-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Did you get this problem sorted in the end?

If so, what was the culprit?

I have similar woes...:tweak: