PDA

View Full Version : battery tray cutout location on s14 help!

jmac636
11-24-2008, 11:38 AM
I have been searching all morning and I can't find the site where it has a drawing of the battery tray cutout location for the coldpipe on an s14 ka24det. Just point me in the right direction. I'm trying not to get flamed here!

nissanracer29
11-24-2008, 11:46 AM
I would take a picture of how mine is but my car is still at the shop. Did you try looking on ka-t.org?

jmac636
11-24-2008, 11:54 AM
Yes sir! Ka-t.org, nico,zilvia,240sxforums and houston240sx. Ifound nothing so far. I have found it for s13 sr20det swap but like the title says I have the s14. It was on Heavythrottle.com

bejota180sx
11-24-2008, 12:03 PM
doesnt the cold pipe change from intercooler kit to another? like when i changed my intercooler to a bigger size, the cold pipe moved a bit to the left(passenger side) so you should see where you have to cut put in the pipe that goes to the throttle body, mark it in the tray and cut away...

jmac636
11-24-2008, 12:11 PM
The problem is my pipe is bent and welded so you cannot just simply test fit without cutting a hole to start with. So at one time I seen a drawing on some forum of the cutout but did not add it to my favorites. I was just hoping someone knew what I was talking about and would give me a link.

emersonLP
11-24-2008, 12:24 PM
I would eye-ball it and start cutting :) if it doesn't fit, just cut more! and I would also yank the battery tray out (drill out the spot welds) slap some paint in there and BLING! nice engine bay.

jmac636
11-24-2008, 12:46 PM
I really don't do hack jobs. I quess i'll just use a 4" hole saw and just eyeball it like you say if I don't find the info before friday.
My car has went thru a big change lately. I first repainted it a couple months ago and last weekend I did a 5 speed swap and installed a dual friction Centerforce clutch and shorty shifter. While I had the transmission out I replaced the rear main seal and removed the oil pan and welded my bung in the oil pan. I have already installed a walbro fuel pump, Apexi safc2, and yesterday I installed my huge fmic. Today I will install my wideband and boost gauge/pod. I have a JWT ecu tuned for t25/370cc injectors/stk maf. I think doing the install in stages helps limit the troubleshooting. Plus my clutch is already broken-in.

projectRDM
11-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Every piping kit is different. If you've got some premade pipe there's no telling where it comes through.