PDA

View Full Version : Rb25det driveshaft!!

S13RB25DETDRIFTER
11-21-2008, 03:12 AM
i need a driveshaft if someone knows a guy who sales driveshaft for cheap plzz let me know

bardabe
11-21-2008, 05:33 AM
i need a driveshaft if someone knows a guy who sales driveshaft for cheap plzz let me know

i know a place in OC that makes custom drivelines i can get you their contact info and see how much they charge. my friend got one for his RB26 swap made there. and it's holding up awesome

Otherworldview
11-21-2008, 09:15 AM
can also go through THE DRIVESHAFT SHOP (http://www.driveshaftshop.com)

ANVIL
11-21-2008, 09:16 AM
just look up your local driveshaft shop, im sure its in the yellow pages. they probablly need you to measure the lenth a certain way so ask them before you give them any dimensions. and if you didnt already know, you need the rb25 (same as z32) output shaft, and the 240sx yoke, custom lenth one peice

S13RB25DETDRIFTER
11-22-2008, 04:51 AM
kool but i heard that i can only get it from a twin turbo Z32 does it matter if its N/A

96Turbo
11-22-2008, 05:38 PM
what mounts are you using? Syko, McKinney, R33 crossmember w/stock mounts?

depending on the mounting setup you can get premade shafts that are designed to fit. I ordered one from the DSS for my Syko kit W R33 Xmember. Fits beautifully.

S13RB25DETDRIFTER
11-23-2008, 04:02 PM
it was a conversion i think it was McKinney mounts

96Turbo
11-23-2008, 04:05 PM
alright. well you can order the driveshaft straight from McKinney. Or have one custom made

timlush
11-23-2008, 04:07 PM
what mounts are you using? Syko, McKinney, R33 crossmember w/stock mounts?

depending on the mounting setup you can get premade shafts that are designed to fit. I ordered one from the DSS for my Syko kit W R33 Xmember. Fits beautifully.

How much you pay?

96Turbo
11-23-2008, 05:20 PM
I think it was around $300 shipped (for 1 piece steel, aluminum is more)

I got mine from a sponsor here on Zilvia...can't remember who it was right now though

or you can get it straight from the driveshaft shop

blakeZX
11-24-2008, 10:37 AM
I think I might have just figured out this mysterious thing my car does from time to time...

I have a Series II in my 97 on stock KA mounts and stock auto S14 trans. member with a trimmed hood for clearance, and a Driveshaft Shop 1pc. driveshaft.

From time to time, if I'm going up a steep-ish incline and turning at the crest, my car will suddenly lose all it's momentum and feels like it pops out of gear, but the shifter is still engaged in 2nd or whatever and it's clearly not out of gear. Then when I get over the crest it will behave normally again. So I gun it up the crest to get past that point now (it's on the way into my parking lot at home).

I wonder if due to the improper placement of the RB/trans, the driveshaft is actually pulling back to the point that it is popping off the transmission splines and then re-engaging once it's on level ground? I would bet that my driveshaft was designed for use with McKinney's or an R33 x-member.

Does this sound likely at all? I'm getting an R33 x-member pulled for me right now, and then I'm going to go with Syko mounts. But I think I just figured out what the issue was. Also, will I need another driveshaft once I change out the mounts? Or is the Driveshaft Shop 1pc. pretty versatile as far as how it splines in? i.e. fits McKinney and/or Syko?

/novel

96Turbo
11-24-2008, 03:56 PM
I think I might have just figured out this mysterious thing my car does from time to time...

I have a Series II in my 97 on stock KA mounts and stock auto S14 trans. member with a trimmed hood for clearance, and a Driveshaft Shop 1pc. driveshaft.

From time to time, if I'm going up a steep-ish incline and turning at the crest, my car will suddenly lose all it's momentum and feels like it pops out of gear, but the shifter is still engaged in 2nd or whatever and it's clearly not out of gear. Then when I get over the crest it will behave normally again. So I gun it up the crest to get past that point now (it's on the way into my parking lot at home).

I wonder if due to the improper placement of the RB/trans, the driveshaft is actually pulling back to the point that it is popping off the transmission splines and then re-engaging once it's on level ground? I would bet that my driveshaft was designed for use with McKinney's or an R33 x-member.

Does this sound likely at all? I'm getting an R33 x-member pulled for me right now, and then I'm going to go with Syko mounts. But I think I just figured out what the issue was. Also, will I need another driveshaft once I change out the mounts? Or is the Driveshaft Shop 1pc. pretty versatile as far as how it splines in? i.e. fits McKinney and/or Syko?

/novel

wow, that would be bizarre if your shaft was actually coming out of the tranny far enough to disengage...but i don't see that being possible with a 1 piece driveshaft....but perhaps

I know that the DSS makes a different shaft for R33 using OEM mounts, R33 with syko mounts, and Mckinney (all with the option of s14, s13, with or without ABS)

I would just call them and see how different the lengths are

but if you're suspecting your current shaft is too short, then once you get it in using the R33 with syko mounts it should help (because it will be lower and further back, so the shaft will slide into the tranny further)

skylinegtr20
01-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Go to gtrcanada.com, likely 500 people with spare rb driveshafts

racerx2k1
01-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Last Activity: 11-24-2008 03:34 PM