PDA

View Full Version : S13 Blacktop into 96 S14

The Mole
02-06-2003, 11:19 AM
Im sure this has been asked before, and i searched with no luck

but i am doing my self with my roomate...we can tear a honda apart and wire in our sleep...so im not worried about not being able to do the wiring or the physical part...we can do that

but i sm having serious problems finding what needs to be wired to where... i have found several different locations online with all conflicting info...

so does anyone have a good direction to point me in? any help/input is greatly appreciated

TIA,
-Chris

Foxcolt
02-06-2003, 11:22 AM
http://sr20.hybrids.jp/installations/s13sr_into_s14/s13sr_into_s14.html

The Mole
02-06-2003, 11:45 AM
thats a 95 s14, obd I correct?

mines a 96...i've been told they're a lot different, is this true?

Foxcolt
02-06-2003, 11:49 AM
No, no difference. Your gonna be taking out all your emmisions stuff anyways. Unless you want to keep your carbon canister.

Once you take out the KA wiring harness you'll notice that it's exactly the same.

Nissans don't have OBD problems like some honda's do.

G'luck!
Jed

The Mole
02-06-2003, 12:03 PM
cool, i appreciate it very much!!!

thank you for taking the time to help me and not call me a dumb newbie:D

also...what about a/c, is it possible to make it work with this setup?

thanks again,
chris

Foxcolt
02-06-2003, 12:13 PM
Here's the deal with ac. I need to do this before summer.

You have three options.

1, Keep the SR compressor and switch high and low pressure lines. The ka ones won't bolt up.

I'm also not sure whether the ECU will know to turn it on since your clip/motorset probably had that digital climate control. Which explains why the AC switch is routed through the ecu before going to the compressor itself. So you might have to hardwire the compressor. Easy since it takes 12 volts. Not sure about idle though.

2, Use KA compressor. Your gonna have to jury rig it on better than I did. I used the SR bracket and bolted up the KA compressor.... It fell while I was on the highway:eek: Fortunatly the AC lines kept it from ripping through my undercarrage.

Your gonna have to hardwire it regardless.

It'll bolt up you just have to play with it.

3, Use KA compressor and Wire the AC to run through the KA ecu. You'll have two ecu's. Just supply power and ground to the KA then wire the AC through it. Seems like the best option and probably what... I WAS gonna do till (I just realized this) I gave me ka ecu away.

Jed

The Mole
02-06-2003, 12:25 PM
option 3 sounds the best, so let me make sure i understand correctly

1. wire motor/car for sr swap get it running correctly

2. stick ka ecu somewhere safe with supplied power and gorund

3. hook up ecu wiring to factory locations on the ka ecu (a/c components)

i understand you can get 2 bolts from ka compressor to match up with sr bracket, and ive been told to use some temp. (blue) loctite on them..

about yours falling off - my factory unit did this!!!! i was on free way and a/c lines saved it. unfourtunatly the "re-valve in compressor got broken so i baught a new one....it happend 2 times before it broke lol

thanks man
really appreciate it

-chris

The Mole
02-07-2003, 11:13 AM
Anyone else have any suggestions / input ???

-chris

The Mole
02-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Is everybody sure the wiring for the 95/96 240 is the same like on sr20.hybrid.jp ....i was talking to guy in my neck of the woods today, (Glenn) and he said $800 for wiring....cause he had to convert from OBD2 to OBD 1...??

is he right or trying to charge an arm and a leg....i would really like to do this myself, not due to mone, just cause i have always done all of my own work and enjoy it. plus the money gets applied to other parts :)

4-20sx
02-08-2003, 08:21 PM
alright look MOLE....go to heavythrottle.com and buy the harness there...its only 250$ and thats way cheaper than paying 800...basically that guy (GLENN) is pulling an arm and a leg and ur ======|)

The Mole
02-09-2003, 12:41 AM
i know i can go to srswap and have them do the harness for $250, but my question was is 95/95 same? or is it different because if its the same, i have the wiring info to do it myself....wiring is no problem for me, but i just need diagrams/schematics to do so i know its right :)

-chris

The Mole
02-11-2003, 04:43 PM
does anyone have the obd2 wiring for a 96 240?