PDA

View Full Version : update on my problem please take a look

- camber
11-19-2008, 08:09 PM
well as you guys told me i check my compression read pretty good. change my spark plugs and wire even if i didn't need two just did for precaution. i check my ignition cap and rotor. rotor was a lil dirty i clean it. now i have two problems i cant do the fuel pressure test because i dont know where to check it also my injectors i cant check them because of this problem http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/juanlion/1227037448608.jpgthe last owner f+++k it up does anyone have advise how to take it out, but after all this things that i have done the car does feel a lil strong but it still dies after 3600rpm

Driven08
11-19-2008, 08:16 PM
You should test your maf since a bad maf will usually let the car die around 3500 rpm.

Hywarp161
11-19-2008, 08:16 PM
http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/b6/3/AAAAAshSgDgAAAAAALY7Pw.jpg
you can use a bolt remover kit, they sell them at some autozones as well, as far as the fuel pressure you would need to add a t port to the fuel line before the fpr to get a reading. If the maf is bad then while the car is running unplug it and there should be no change, if the car dies the maf is working.

projectRDM
11-19-2008, 09:57 PM
well as you guys told me i check my compression read pretty good. change my spark plugs and wire even if i didn't need two just did for precaution. i check my ignition cap and rotor. rotor was a lil dirty i clean it. now i have two problems i cant do the fuel pressure test because i dont know where to check it also my injectors i cant check them because of this problem http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/juanlion/1227037448608.jpgthe last owner f+++k it up does anyone have advise how to take it out, but after all this things that i have done the car does feel a lil strong but it still dies after 3600rpm

Where is that bolt and why do you think it pertains to the injectors? You check fuel pressure at the rail, not where ever that bolt is.

- camber
11-20-2008, 12:14 AM
i want to check the fuel pressure and also clean the injector the bolt is located on the left side of the fuel rail.

thanks u guys for the help and ill check if the shop has the bolt remover kit or else ill go buy it

- camber
11-20-2008, 06:42 PM
well i couldnt really work on the car sense i was welding this guys headers. so i did check the maf and its good. ill try to remove the bolt tomorrow and also cant i just but a guage and see the fuel pressure like that better or is it the same shit

projectRDM
11-20-2008, 06:52 PM
well i couldnt really work on the car sense i was welding this guys headers. so i did check the maf and its good. ill try to remove the bolt tomorrow and also cant i just but a guage and see the fuel pressure like that better or is it the same shit

Speak English please. Or at least type it. I have no clue what you're asking.

- camber
11-21-2008, 08:07 AM

well u know those gauges that go inside your car. what will be more easy putting one of those to check my fuel pressure or just to check it normal way?

japslapsilvia
11-21-2008, 08:30 AM
well u know those gauges that go inside your car. what will be more easy putting one of those to check my fuel pressure or just to check it normal way?

WHAT???

please do this

Grimsta
11-21-2008, 09:30 AM
you guys are pricks, I understood him just fine.

He's saying he wants to put a fuel pressure gauge in the car because he thinks that would be easier/better than putting an inline gauge in the engine bay

To answer your question: You would have to do the same thing whether you put the gauge in the car or just used a hand gauge to measure it at the fuel line. Neither is going to be "easier" or "better", but if you wanted to put a gauge in the car when you're doing your tests you'll constantly be having to poke your head in the car window to check your gauge instead of having it on hand in the engine bay right infront of your face. But on the other hand, you'll be able to see how your pressure is while driving and under load. Personally, I think I would use an in car gauge.

So since I dont know what your issue is, when you say it dies after 3600, does it like shut off all together, or does it severly lose power? Also what motor do you have KA or SR or something else? How's your O2 sensor? I've had this issue on several cars and replaced the O2 and it made a HUGE difference

g6civcx
11-21-2008, 10:50 AM
you guys are pricks, I understood him just fine.

He's saying he wants to put a fuel pressure gauge in the car because he thinks that would be easier/better than putting an inline gauge in the engine bay

Can you please teach me whatever language that is because I could not understand how you came up with that interpretation?