PDA

View Full Version : changed injectors, now car wont stay on, NEED HELP!

cubasan
11-17-2008, 01:19 PM
My 91' 240 (KA24DE) is bone stock except for an AEM intake, it started idling rough all of a sudden, so I took it to my local mechanic who told me that it was the last injector (near the firewall) it was clogged and needed to be replaced, so I did now the freakin car will not turnover, it cranks but thats it, also I remembered that while changing the injector alot of fuel was rushing in to the engine,could that cause the engine to flood and not stay on? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Erjay1
11-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Probably flooded. So is the injector working now?? That happened to my car and I took out the spark plug and cranked it a few times. Once it dried up the car started up, then again I have an SR so it may be different.

SoguRacing
11-17-2008, 03:34 PM
do as stated above. you could be close to hydraulicing your engine.

cubasan
11-17-2008, 06:33 PM
I was thinking that it might be flooded so ill try staring it without the plug. are there any risks to doing this? could it possibly mess up the engine? im willing to try anything but this is my dd. thanks though for the advice

SoguRacing
11-17-2008, 06:39 PM
as long as the spark plus is absent the engine wont start. remove all of them and crank over the engine several times and make sure the cylinder is dry. then install the sparkplugs and attepmt to start up the engine again. there is no harm done to doing this.

ho0dlumka13
11-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Make sure that there's oil in the motor all that gas could have eaten the oil up. And after u get the motor running I think u should do an engine flush just to get all that left over crap out of the way.

SoguRacing
11-18-2008, 12:43 AM
no need for an engine flush. gas does not eat oil it deteriorates oils properties.

cubasan
11-18-2008, 12:13 PM
thanks I will try that.

cubasan
12-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I am still having idling problems with the car, I had the injectors rebuilt, I put them in and the car started, and it sounded good like it did before. it idled around 700 rpm where it was at before, so I let it warm up and drove around 5-10 min then when I was making a right turn to come into my driveway it backfired really loud, and then it started idling wierd again but it didn't turn off, all vacuum lines are connected, and I replaced a few of them too. any advice to help me out would be appreciated thanks