PDA

View Full Version : sr20 exhaust...

wheres_da_cheese
02-04-2003, 09:57 PM
which exhaust would be the best to buy for my sr20? I just purchased the engine and it is being installed right now. I am going to go ahead and get a cat-back exhaust system and I am not sure which to buy. They all seem the same to me... Im really diggin the way that the apexi n1 dual looks but the gt spec looks like it provides more power due to how much bigger it is (3" to 2 2.5" versus single 3.74") Any others out there that perform very well? Thanks for the help in advance :D

Yoshi
02-05-2003, 11:01 AM
hey Noah,
I just got the GReddy DD catback, looks nice, has an almost straight thru design, and has really high ground clearance (a big issue for me). The apex dual is nice too, I just didn't want an exhaust everyone else has (cuz i'm stupid that way).

What are you looking for in an exhaust? As long as it's 80mm or larger catback, performance will be pretty close, so your left with looks, ground clearance, and tone, and volume, as deciding factors...

btw did you get my PM about the seats? Hit me back man :)

Foxcolt
02-05-2003, 11:05 AM
Jic-magic TI

5zigen fireball

fujisitsobo <- can't remember how to spell it.

wheres_da_cheese
02-06-2003, 01:03 AM
im looking at the Apexi GT spec and it looks really nice too... 3.74 inch single pipe, and it looks nice... what is the ground clearance on this thing like if anyone has one? how does it sound? Any other exhaust out there for sr20dets that are really nice?

koukitype_x12
02-07-2003, 10:02 PM
well i like my blitz nur spec very nice and sounds great!

- if ur looking to buy either apex-1 n1 dual or any gp sports exhaust might have (as my buddys go through exhaust like a bad driver goes through cars! lol

thanks,mike

Cheng
02-07-2003, 11:16 PM
5 zigen is pretty tight, but you should also look forward into the Bee *R Type III catback exhaust that sounds really bad ass but it might be way to loud for you. Go to Autoimaging (http://www.autoimaging.com) check it out.

drift freaq
02-08-2003, 02:07 AM
well all I can say is I love the GReddy DD its just dope. I testing a car with it right now and I have to say its nice. I am getting it for my car.

wheres_da_cheese
02-08-2003, 02:29 PM
Cheng you stole my icon!!! I made it! grrr... i mistook your post for mine... but yeah, i have a friend with the greddy dd exhaust on his s13 sr20 and it does sound nice. I like how the apexi gt spec is huge and its all one piece with minimal bends. I also like the n1 dual but a lot of people have it and its kinda expensive... I was also lookin at the blitz nur spec, it looks really nice, ive heard good things about it too

91blk240
02-08-2003, 04:02 PM
I have heard good things about the GReddy DD catback with the SR20....i'm leaning towards this one, or a nur spec

Chikara
02-08-2003, 06:18 PM
What exhaust is one of the more queit ones?

I need one thats quiet and has high ground clearance. I heard the Greddy Evos are fairly silent yet still are good for turbo cars.

I was thinking of getting it now for my KA and later bolting it on to the SR(thats not gonna be for a while though). U think the KA would still run decent with 3 inch piping? or its better to wait and just get the exhaust after I get an SR?

NiteKids
02-08-2003, 10:53 PM
I have yet to come across any other S14 owner with the Trust DD other then myself :)

http://members.aol.com/Ryoga35510/DD.jpg

wheres_da_cheese
02-09-2003, 01:27 AM
youve come across yourself before? just kiddin, but that does look nice... what is the piping size on that? looks like it has nice ground clearance haha :D