PDA

View Full Version : nitrous help

carcrzy920
11-12-2008, 06:31 PM
hey okay i can almost garantee im going to get flamed for some reason since i think almost every post i have posted in this section i have gotten flamed on. well i just recently got a 15lbs nitrous bottle from a friend completely free and completely filled. so now i want to put it in my 240 when i get it running. so i was wondering if anyone could help me out on what to buy such as selenoids,lines,gauges, etc. if any one could tell me what and how many of each to buy i would apreciate it. thanks for anyone taht helps me. and btw im just guna shoot maybe at the most a 75 shot in a rb20. and i am going to upgrade my injectors before and all that. i know what to do to keep the engine from blowing up ive read alot about them. i just need to know were i can buy a nitrous kit without a bottle bassically. but i dont think you can do that so i need to put one together. thanks for any help.

racepar1
11-12-2008, 06:33 PM
LOL! NAWZ........GHEY! :keke: Nitrous is for rednecks with shitty camaros man. If you wanna be cool hook that shit up to a mini bike or some shit. LOL!

CrazyKoukiS14
11-12-2008, 06:38 PM
LOL! NAWZ........GHEY! :keke: Nitrous is for rednecks with shitty camaros man. If you wanna be cool hook that shit up to a mini bike or some shit. LOL!

LMFAO nice one

you need a fuel and nitrous solenoid alot of braided lines, a fogger jet(for wet and direct port kits) a fuel and nitrous jet, i recomend a throttle switch, on and off switch, a relay just to be safe, and other miscilanious odds and ends

racepar1
11-12-2008, 06:44 PM
LMFAO nice one

you need a fuel and nitrous solenpoid alot of braided lines, a fogger jet(for wet and direct port kits) a fuel and nitrous jet, i recomend a throttle switch, on and off switch, a relay just to be safe, and other miscolanious odds and ends

Holy crap! An ACTUAL answer came this quick!!!??? I figured it would be at least half a page of nawz jokes before anything resembling an answer appeared.

To the OP:
Why don't you call a company that manufactures or sells nitrous kits? I'm sure they could be of a LOT more help than anybody here. Who would think that it is possible to actually do reasearch and get answers though? PSSSSHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTT!!!!

CrazyKoukiS14
11-12-2008, 06:48 PM
yeah contact NOS they gopt the best kits on the market, i highly recommend them. but to be honest i dont think you need spray, the only time i ever recomend spray for a turbo car is when they have a massive turbo and need to spay in the lower RPM range so they could spool up quiker

carcrzy920
11-12-2008, 06:51 PM
well i dont really have a phone right now so i said screw it ill ask on here. and im going down to my friends dads shop to talk to him tomorrow about it. he works with alot of nitrous and other stuff. i think hell be able to tell me what i need i hope but im not sure because he works with carburated v8s= poopy. lol but he does have nitrous on all of his cars like his 71 chevelle with the 540ci with a 500shot. so i think he could tell me what i need. and to the dude that acctually gave me an answer thank you. that helped alot.

CrazyKoukiS14
11-12-2008, 06:53 PM
yea no problem but what i will recommend for your car and what your friends dad will recommend is the same youll need a wet kit its the safest. But parts wise im 100% sure that hell know what parts you need.

carcrzy920
11-12-2008, 06:55 PM
yeah contact NOS they gopt the best kits on the market, i highly recommend them. but to be honest i dont think you need spray, the only time i ever recomend spray for a turbo car is when they have a massive turbo and need to spay in the lower RPM range so they could spool up quiker

i know i dont really need it. but when i get stuff like this for free i just feel i should put it in my car so that way when one of those little v8 boys in there putstang feels he wants to race me and he pulls away from me ill just be like okay fine buddy eff you and hit it.

CrazyKoukiS14
11-12-2008, 06:57 PM
well now that you said its free i dont blame you, i thoguht you were going out of your way to buy a kit lol, but if its free, by all means go crazy with it, but i forgot is the Rb20 N/A or turbo charged? and how much power does it come with STOCK? if you answer thopse questions i can tell you what you need to spray on your car

QuickSpoolSR
11-12-2008, 07:00 PM
just do the intercooler spray bar thing, i always thought that would be kinda cool, it just cools your intercooler down for a denser charge. There are dyno charts out there it does work

bl3ujay07
11-12-2008, 07:00 PM
The bottle is not worth much at all. I/we have a bottle from way back when my brother had a civic (7 years ago??) and tried looking for the parts so i can sell it or look semi ballin with the nitrous front mouth purge kit.

Back the the subject, it'll probably cost you ALMOST the same buying the parts as buying the whole kit. maybe sell your bottle to someone and buy a new kit. thats my opinion.

s13 @ fullboost
11-12-2008, 07:14 PM
just do the intercooler spray bar thing, i always thought that would be kinda cool, it just cools your intercooler down for a denser charge. There are dyno charts out there it does work

That sounds bad ass go with that =]

carcrzy920
11-12-2008, 07:24 PM
well now that you said its free i dont blame you, i thoguht you were going out of your way to buy a kit lol, but if its free, by all means go crazy with it, but i forgot is the Rb20 N/A or turbo charged? and how much power does it come with STOCK? if you answer thopse questions i can tell you what you need to spray on your car

its a rb20det so yes it is turboed. i believe they are rated directly or very close to 220hp stock.

for the dude that said sell it and buy a new kit. i would do that if the bottle was empty. this is a completely full 15lb bottle so it wieghs about 25lbs full. and its not cheap to get these bottles filled. the bottle alone brand new cost almost $300 on jegs. and i believe it cost over $150 to get one filled at my friends dads shop. and a new kit does not come with a full bottle. they are empty when you buy the new kit. and my bottle is a NOS bottle just so everyone knows.

CrazyKoukiS14
11-12-2008, 07:27 PM
yeah youll be fine with a 75 shot

carcrzy920
11-12-2008, 07:33 PM
yea thats all i want. im not trying to break anything or myself. lol. and for the guys that think i should put a intercooler bar in. i might do that along with spraying the motor. i can get another bottle if i want so one for the motor and one for the intercooler. i love having such awsome hookups.

carcrzy920
11-12-2008, 08:35 PM
ok i need help again. i know what i need now such a selunoids and switches. but what size selunoids, nitrous and fuel fittings, and all that stuff. if someone could give me a more detailed description of what i would need for a 75 shot on the rb20 it would really help.

CrazyKoukiS14
11-12-2008, 09:49 PM
you need .024 and .036 jets for a 75 shot and as for solenoids get ones that are capable of 175 just in case you want to up the power in the future

carcrzy920
11-12-2008, 10:26 PM
sweet thanks. you seem to know what your talking about with nitrous. if i have any other questoins could i PM you? thanks for all the help buddy

CrazyKoukiS14
11-12-2008, 10:29 PM
yea feel free to pm me whenever you want