PDA

View Full Version : ka24de is over heating tried everything???

nismo_drifter
11-12-2008, 10:31 AM
okay so i replaced the thermostat and water pump and got a 2 row mishimoto rad with 2 12in fans...topped everything off and jacked the car up and open the bleeder valve and turned the heater on max...there is no air in the system anymore cause did this like 4-5 times now...

at idel the car will heat up and not over heat but as soon as i drive it then it will over heat???so i check the rad hoses and the top one is super hot and the bottom one is still cold???i take the thermostat out and boil water to 190* and put the thermostat in and it opens up no problem...what is causing the thermostat to not open when i put it in the car???

i read a thread about cutting the jiggle valve off and drilling a slightly bigger hole there and i tried it but still nothing???

ran the car without the thermostat and it runs fine...but i dont think its safe for me to run my car like that...any help, thanks...

apex
11-12-2008, 03:20 PM
umm are u putting the thermm in upside down??
did u check the hoses make sure that the top one doesnt close
it self close like is the hose real soft it will close it self and not let any water in

had that happen to my bro he never seen it and replaced the water pump still was overheating till i found it for him

Ineedparts
11-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Mine was the same way, so I ran it without the thermostat for years with no problems..

nismo_drifter
11-12-2008, 04:13 PM
^^^ is your car turbo???because my car is turbo and i dont want to risk blowing the motor...

heavenboundkevin
11-12-2008, 06:28 PM
wish i could help you. I just did the same stuff, new radiator, water pump, and thermo. After all that my car runs fine though. good luck

Addicted2Kouki
11-12-2008, 06:38 PM
You might have a leak somewhere.

or

Try process of elimination.
Go back to stock radiator.
If it doesnt overheat. Its the radiator.

Run without a thermostat.
If it doesnt overheat, its the thermostat.

Try another water pump.
Also check to see if the pump is pushing the water.

apex
11-12-2008, 07:02 PM
You might have a leak somewhere.

or

Try process of elimination.
Go back to stock radiator.
If it doesnt overheat. Its the radiator.

Run without a thermostat.
If it doesnt overheat, its the thermostat.

Try another water pump.
Also check to see if the pump is pushing the water.

"ran the car without the thermostat and it runs fine"

Brentbohn
11-13-2008, 08:40 PM
I have the exact same issue, mater of fact I have replaced water pump, new mishimoto radiator, new thermostat twice, new belts and hoses... lower one cold as ice upper one hot and bubbling when over heated

nismo_drifter
11-13-2008, 10:11 PM
yeah i dont know what is going on...im sure there is no air in it because i have spent countless hours of bleeding it and it just wont work???

lilaznjeff
11-13-2008, 10:13 PM
blown headgasket.

DreamN
11-13-2008, 10:14 PM
are you bleeding it right? just because you do it for hours doesn't mean there aren't any air pockets. I would say continue bleeding and squeezing both radiator hoses and making sure your radiator is topped off.

Air pockets just seem to be a major pain with the KA for some reason.

Bigsyke
11-14-2008, 12:14 AM
"ran the car without the thermostat and it runs fine"

Because there is an air pocket that is right behind the thermostat.

yeah i dont know what is going on...im sure there is no air in it because i have spent countless hours of bleeding it and it just wont work???

You could spend days bleeding, if you dont use the right tools on these cars, or fill it correctly, you will have an air pocket unless you either;

A: Clip the jiggle valve off, and let the air bubble work its way out from the thermostat

B: get the snap on fill tool, which I reccomend anyways. I correctly bled my car with this tool, and have a clear TB coolant hose, and when the thermostat opens up, there is 0 bubbles flowing through. - Before no matter how many hours I would let it bleed wtih the screw open, bubbles would cycle.

nismo_drifter
11-14-2008, 09:04 AM
i already clipped the jiggle valve and drilled the hole slightly bigger tooo...

Addicted2Kouki
11-15-2008, 01:25 PM
there is either too much air in your cooling system or your thermostat is fucked up.

try another thermostat that you know works. [on another friends car or a new one]
if it still overheats, you just arent bleeding it right.

kouki_matt
11-17-2008, 01:37 PM
blown headgasket do you keep adding coolant ?

Jodan
11-18-2008, 05:52 AM
i bet you theres still air in the system.

nismo_drifter
11-18-2008, 09:07 AM
no i do not keep adding coolant...i have tried every way i can to bleed all the air out but still the same???i sure there is no air in it anymore...the reason i say this is because i clipped the jiggle vavle on the thermostat and even drilled the hole bigger so that it will let more air through...

something else is causing the thermostat to not open when its in the car???but when i test it in hot water it works fine...

and if its my headgasket then wouldnt my oil be all milky or my compression be lower???

mobilesuit818
11-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Try filling it up with coolant, and then start the car with the heat blowing towards the front windshield.

This would circulate the coolant evenly through the heater hose and core.

Wait till your hear your fan sucking air and you should be good.

Note: Make sure you watch out for little bubbles, which could be a sign as a head gasket issue.

98s14inaz
11-19-2008, 07:50 AM
Is your car actually overheating or is your gauge pegging H? Did you replace both coolant sensors? I just thought I would toss that out there.

MR_X
11-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Is your car actually overheating or is your gauge pegging H? Did you replace both coolant sensors? I just thought I would toss that out there.

+1

Put the thermostat back in, start it, bleed it, then use a infrared thermometer to check temps of the hoses. If itone does actually get higher than 190 without the other hose starting to heat up, then your thermostat is either installed incorrectly or it isn't working properly.