PDA

View Full Version : Q45 Caliper Leak

skylindrftr
11-11-2008, 07:48 PM
So ever since my ticket I have been storing the 240 and one day I go in the garage and find brake fluid all over the floor. I check where it's coming from and it's only from the front left caliper. It is coming from where the banjo bolt connects to the caliper. I replaced both washers with new ones and it still leaks. Anyone know what could be going on?

murda-c
11-11-2008, 07:50 PM
check and make sure that you have the right size banjo bolts, if it's too long it won't seal properly. also some banjo bolts arent supposed to come out of the line ends, and if you take them out you'll end up stretching the bolt.

!Zar!
11-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Are you torquing them down properly?

skylindrftr
11-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the tips guys, the washers that I got as replacements were the exact same size as the ones that I had on before (they were part of those lil mini packets auto zone sells w/ different sizes). I am fairly sure I torqued it down right, never had a problem before, it just came out of no where. Also, I check the scoring marks on the washers, and at one point on the washer about 5mm in length there are no marks, but there are everywhere else on the side of the washer that seals against the caliper.

SilviaSR20DET
11-12-2008, 01:15 AM
You may need to replace the line or possibly not puting the banjo on right.

skylindrftr
11-12-2008, 10:01 AM
The bolt is threading right. I do not think I have to replace the lines, they are only a couple years old and Nismo Stainless Steel Braided ones so I don't doubt the quality...

g6civcx
11-12-2008, 10:59 AM
I do not think I have to replace the lines, they are only a couple years old and Nismo Stainless Steel Braided ones so I don't doubt the quality...

Do not assume. If you've eliminated the banjo bolt and the washers, the only thing left it could be is the line or the thread on the caliper is damaged.

You can pressure test the line for leaks.

skylindrftr
11-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Okay well it's definitely leaking from between the banjo fitting on the line and the washer and the caliper.