PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET Idle and A/F Issues

PIMPzilla
11-04-2008, 10:13 PM
I just picked up an S14 with an S14 SR20DET blacktop. I'm trying to work a few issues out. The car will not hold a steady idle and is continuously hunting. Also at part throttle it runs very rich. At cruising speeds on the highway this thing will suck a quarter tank of gas for a 20 mile drive. I've read through some other threads and checked a few things first.
TPS: reading correct voltage
IACV: removed and cleaned (don't know voltage values)
Vacuum: 19inHg
Timing: 15 btdc
ECT: removed PCM sensor wire and car almost died (don't know values)
I guess the next thing would be O2 sensor and from what I've read injector o-rings. Could anyone tell me what kind of values I should be reading on a volt meter for some of these sensors. I googled and couldn't find anything.

sbc
11-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Check fuel pressure too.

s14unimog
11-05-2008, 01:51 PM
check for a boost leak in the charge system, You can still pull vacuum with a closed throttle body.

FSM will help on the sensor checks

PIMPzilla
11-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Well I checked the fuel pressure today. Got 37psi. Hooked up the scan tool at work the other day and no codes. All the sensors checked good. Don't really know where to go from here. Maybe a wiring issue or ecu?

PIMPzilla
11-12-2008, 02:30 PM
No thoughts?

red240
11-12-2008, 05:07 PM
I have the similar issue with mine, still haven't found the problem,let me know what you find

PIMPzilla
11-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Changed the injector o-rings for good measure and nothing changed. Still rich with an irregular idle.

djcobra
11-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Could be a number of things, your car may have aftermarket cams, usually common which result in dle problems. I have HKS Step 2 cams and i get the odd crazy idle at times only on cold starts hunts for idle then goes away and holds at 1100rpm firm. The other thing could be your VTC acting up, does it make a knocking sound on idle similar to a diesel car? Check vaccum lines for leaks. Also the CTS sensor that goes to the ECU could be faulty. good luck.

Steve.