PDA

View Full Version : SR swap / No spark / Relays?

SpuGen
11-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Okay so..
Swapped my SR in.
I couldn't get it to crank, then noticed that I didn't put in the spade connector for the starter.
Fixed that

Now it just cranks, and doesn't turn over.
Pulled the fuel line, and tons of gas shoots out, so it's not the pump (even though the wiring I did for it is questionable.)
Compression sounds good.
Half the vac lines aren't done, but that shouldn't stop me from starting the car. Might run shitty, but it should start.
Pulled the spark plugs out, grounded it, and No spark. Only pulled #1 out, so I'm assuming the other ones don't work.

So..
I have Compression
Fuel
Air

No Spark.

Grounds on the back of the head and the coilpacks are on.. Not the alternator though (I have no idea where it goes) I think the battery isn't up to the job either.. but it's a brand new Genesis Compact battery from PDM-Racing. Halfway through, it nearly died attempting to crank. It might be gas flooding the cylinders though.

How do I check the coil packs?
Where do I stick the thingys in to test it?
Car need to be on, I'm assuming

How do I check the ignitor Chip?

I dont have pics at the moment, but the relay box (Battery side) doesn't have (IGN COIL) on the top left. Is this whats wrong?
The one that came with the SR has (IGN COIL) but the wires lead to nowhere.

I'm gonna go and assume that THIS is why my car wont start. If it is.. how would I wire that in?

TTrx7Pete
11-04-2008, 06:49 PM
S13 or S14?

Propaganda
11-04-2008, 07:49 PM
To check your coil packs, you look at the coil pack facing towards you and you stick the two things on the left and middle parts. It should come to around 1 ohm.

I forgot the way to check the ignitor chip, but it's in the FSM

SpuGen
11-04-2008, 10:18 PM
S13.
I think I have the fuel lines backwards.

sblack13
11-04-2008, 10:24 PM
you sure you wired the coilpacks to work? blue/red wire?

MyLevinGTZ
11-04-2008, 11:14 PM
S13.
I think I have the fuel lines backwards.

what does that have to do with not having spark?

make sure you have +12v to the coilpacks and if not, to the ignitor. if not, check for power to the ECU.

Sileighty_85
11-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Look in the FSM it has Steps on checking CAS, Ignitor Chip, and Coil Packs

punkrico
11-05-2008, 02:37 AM
is the dash harness pluged up if not thats your problem it has a main ign start wire its a orange wire and the ground of course is black

s14unimog
11-05-2008, 01:44 PM
dude, you sound like you have no idea what is going on. You meant to say you have fuel pressure but have you checked to see if the injectors are firing? Is your timing right? The car can also NOT start from enough vacuum leaks.

Stop trying to start the car without everything done....

For everyone else, this is a good example of how the SR20 is a beastly motor. Engineered to perfection then thrown into a 240sx chassis and half ass rigged to run. I literately feel bad for the SR's that go through this sorta install/ownership...