PDA

View Full Version : Piggyback Question?

ralphyboy
02-01-2003, 11:10 PM
I was looking on google for piggyback ecus and ran across one I had not heard of. It looks like a good one, though I could make poop in a can sound good with the proper advertising. I was wondering if anybody knew anyting about it. http://www.dastek.co.za/

ca18guy
02-02-2003, 06:34 AM
If I read it right its a ROM editor type ECU. All our ecu's have rom's in them with our cars settings for timing and air flow and etc burned into them. If you goto ebay or such you can buy a ROM editor fairly cheaply,then the problem is finding appropriate software and knowing what your doing in changing the things in your ECU. I didn't see a pic of there actual ECU (it sounds like it would be a daughter board style) or any examples of the program and lay out of the software they use to let you tune it, so I would be suspect of that. Also if you don't know what every little thing you change does, its probably best to let JWT or a tuner shop mess with your ECU. If you have the fortitude to program the ECU yourself,you could always just buy a ROM editor (on ebay) and I know there is software out there for download, its finding it thats the hard part. To change a ROM though i'm pretty sure you have to flash it (erase all data) then burn the new data in, so you might want to know what your doing.