PDA

View Full Version : 2008-2009 NBA Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Rey of Spots
10-26-2008, 11:18 PM
Since AkademikONE got pinked, I'll start his annual NBA thread.

The NBA season starts this Tuesday.

Discuss!

imnotmatt1189
10-26-2008, 11:27 PM
LAKERS are gonna be the 09 champions!!!!!!

OptionZero
10-26-2008, 11:39 PM
We'll see how Odom responds to coming off the bench. I think it's the right basketball move, but if he pouts it could backfire.

Rey of Spots
10-26-2008, 11:43 PM
They've been playing great with him coming off the bench. Starting 5 should be, and I think
will be Bynum, Gasol, Radmanovich, Bryant, and Fisher.

This will be Farmar's breakout year, and I see him starting next season, or even as soon as
sometime this season. Ariza will have a great year too. Kobe will be Kobe. We'll see how
Bynum's knee holds up.

WERDdabuilder
10-26-2008, 11:50 PM
i need to get tickets for a hornets/lakers game. im just there to watch CP3 ha.

qwikspool
10-27-2008, 10:11 AM
lakers are looking good this season. that was a close one with kobe getting the hyper extended knee at last weeks game. now he is healthy.

with miami having wade healthy again, they might get to the playoffs. we'll see

Rey of Spots
10-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Make your predictions!

Title: Lakers over Celtics

Most Valuable Player: Lebron James

Coach of the Year: Nate McMillan (Portland)

Defensive Player of the Year: Kevin Garnett

Rookie of the Year: OJ Mayo

Sixth Man of the Year: Lamar Odom

Most Improved Player: Trevor Ariza

imnotmatt1189
10-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Lakers vs. Celtics: Lakers in 5
MVP: Kobe Bryant
Coach of the Year: Rick Adelman (Rockets)
Defensive Player of the Year: Kevin Garnett
Rookie of the Year: Greg Oden
Sixth Man: Lamar Odom
Most Improved Player: Rodney Stuckey

Phlip
10-28-2008, 07:53 AM
We'll see how Odom responds to coming off the bench. I think it's the right basketball move, but if he pouts it could backfire.
I am not quite sure if we agree or disagree here... Sure, he will bitch at being 6th-ish man, which will be a blow to his ego, but when he comes off the bench and shits on EVERY second unit in the league, he may be more inclined to appreciate and make something of it.
As a Lakers fan, I think it is a good look personally.

I will hold off on the predictions (except for the forthcoming), what with the deluge of surprises from last year. I am expecting a good season, but when LeBron doesn't get the Cavaliers back to the finals, then he will be splitsville as soon as possible. Same rules apply to Dwyane Wade's suicidal playing style in Miami, he can't do that shit for a whole career with no real results.

Another good thing about the season being back, Lynwood Jenkins:
FiyaStarter.com - Linwood Jenkins (http://fiyastarter.com/fs-pages/fs-sports-nba%2708preview.html)

J90lude
10-28-2008, 08:57 AM
The Suns and Mavs are gonna start the season off rite again XD

Phlip
10-28-2008, 09:00 AM
The Suns and Mavs are gonna start the season off rite again XD
I SWEAR, I hope you're joking.
The Suns' window is closing, considering that Shaq is well past his prime, and Steve Nash is getting there. The Mavericks left their lone chance on the table when they choked against the Heat, Jason Kidd is also getting to the end of his career, gone are the days where J. Kidd and Steve Nash were the best points in the league, it is Chris Paul and Deron Williams now.

Antihero983
10-28-2008, 09:17 AM
I think with the current lineup, the Celtics have one more title in them, before they all get too old and need to revamp.

Phlip
10-28-2008, 09:25 AM
I think with the current lineup, the Celtics have one more title in them, before they all get too old and need to revamp.
One must understand the fits that they were given all the way through the playoffs... There has been a full offseason of watching video and preparing from all angles, they're in position to be TRIED now, whereas no one may have been QUITE ready for them last year.
They could become complacent and get owned badly, comparable to what happened to so many champions before them.
I am waiting to see what happens.

OptionZero
10-28-2008, 10:53 AM
I am not quite sure if we agree or disagree here... Sure, he will bitch at being 6th-ish man, which will be a blow to his ego, but when he comes off the bench and shits on EVERY second unit in the league, he may be more inclined to appreciate and make something of it.
As a Lakers fan, I think it is a good look personally.

I will hold off on the predictions (except for the forthcoming), what with the deluge of surprises from last year. I am expecting a good season, but when LeBron doesn't get the Cavaliers back to the finals, then he will be splitsville as soon as possible. Same rules apply to Dwyane Wade's suicidal playing style in Miami, he can't do that shit for a whole career with no real results.

Another good thing about the season being back, Lynwood Jenkins:
FiyaStarter.com - Linwood Jenkins (http://fiyastarter.com/fs-pages/fs-sports-nba%2708preview.html)

From a basketball standpoint, Odom off the bench is great. It allows the Lakers to put a better defender or better shooter at the starting 3 to complement Gasol and Bynum; it gives them a ball handler off the bench to run the second unit. Makes perfect sense.

Odom, however, does not have the strongest mental makeup in the game. He's saying all the right things now, great, but if he pouts and it affects his play, then it's time to do something (i.e. send his expiring deal elsewhere).

Phlip
10-28-2008, 11:31 AM
From a basketball standpoint, Odom off the bench is great. It allows the Lakers to put a better defender or better shooter at the starting 3 to complement Gasol and Bynum; it gives them a ball handler off the bench to run the second unit. Makes perfect sense.

Odom, however, does not have the strongest mental makeup in the game. He's saying all the right things now, great, but if he pouts and it affects his play, then it's time to do something (i.e. send his expiring deal elsewhere).
Okay, then we agree.
It looks GREAT on paper and in potential, the only variable is his maturity about the whole situation.

Rey of Spots
10-28-2008, 11:36 AM
You guys seem to forget that Phil Jackson is the master of coaching
players into their respective roles. Remember Rodman? Phil coached him
into the specific role he was good at, which was rebounding and defending.
I am not worried one bit about Odom coming off the bench.

CLE/BOS?
MIL/CHI?

Phlip
10-28-2008, 11:54 AM
You guys seem to forget that Phil Jackson is the master of coaching
players into their respective roles. Remember Rodman? Phil coached him
into the specific role he was good at, which was rebounding and defending.
I am not worried one bit about Odom coming off the bench.

CLE/BOS?
MIL/CHI?
It was not that huge a deal with Rodman, have you forgotten that he was an important part of the Pistons teams that the Bulls had such fits with?
He couldn't make Shaq give a fuck about conditioning. I stand by what I say, Lamar Odom's maturity will drive his output, which will directly effect his expendability.

BOROSUN
10-28-2008, 01:03 PM
trade him to the knicks!!!

Phlip
10-28-2008, 01:23 PM
trade him to the knicks!!!
For who?
Are you fucking HIGH?!!?

Rey of Spots
10-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Watching the Celtic's ceremony pisses me the fuck off. The Celtics
will not, I repeat, will not repeat as the NBA Champion. -Romeo ;)

I agree. Makes me want to throw my remote at my TV. Go Lakers!

BOROSUN
10-28-2008, 08:12 PM
For who?
Are you fucking HIGH?!!?

for curry of course!:keke: or once we trade curry for al harrington. we can trade him.

what is odom's salary?

even lebron wants to join the knicks once his contract is done on 2010. come join the party!!!:ugh:

cmon down odom with d'antoni's system you dont have to play D baby!!!

tomorrow knicks vs heat.

Rey of Spots
10-28-2008, 08:34 PM
ANDROMEDA NET # Featured Channels Webplayer (http://www.andromedanet.eu/tvtuner_channels.html)

Streaming video!

OptionZero
10-28-2008, 09:34 PM
The Blazers look like they're having trouble getting the ball into the post and scoring overall.

Young kids with expectatations = no execution

WERDdabuilder
10-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Oden looks slow and lost.

OptionZero
10-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Condition's probably an issue for a guy who was still getting up to basketball speed this preseason.

94cc0rd
10-28-2008, 09:48 PM
sucks ... it looks like he tweaked his ankle or something in the 1st quarter...

on the other hand, lakers are looking AWESOMe!!!

qwikspool
10-28-2008, 10:00 PM
blazers is a young team. oden needs more conditioning.

Rey of Spots
10-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Oden just can't catch a break. I feel bad for the dude.

Good win by the Lakers. If this defense was any sign of things
to come... watch out. Watching Kobe take over in the 2nd half
was beautiful to watch.

1-0

Xandy Boosts
10-28-2008, 11:13 PM
:bowrofl: charle's claims to be in a group that consists of bill gates, shakespeare, nostradamus

damn, he said one more but I can't remember

damn cavs

otherwise good opener by the lakers

imnotmatt1189
10-29-2008, 12:07 AM
easyyy win by the lakeshow :D

man i thought the cavs were gonna come back and win it... hahah

did anyone even watch the bulls/bucks game? LOL

imnotmatt1189
10-29-2008, 02:58 PM
LOL

YouTube - Lamar Odom pass to Sasha out of bounds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h43aBUReU8)

Gnnr
10-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Haha :D

My predictions for this year: Its gonna be a good season! :)

Xandy Boosts
10-29-2008, 06:07 PM
:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowr ofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

fucking gregg popovich is fucking awesome!

hack a shaq 5 seconds into the game then pop gives shaq 2 thumbs up

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowr ofl:

WERDdabuilder
10-29-2008, 06:09 PM
^i was bustin up when that shit happened.

http://images.honda-tech.com/set1/smile/emthup.gifhttp://images.honda-tech.com/set1/smile/emthup.gif
thats all you see.

Xandy Boosts
10-29-2008, 06:13 PM
and he looks worse than pau gasol right now

freakin mountain man haha

pop needs to shave

Rey of Spots
10-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Suns/Spurs game is pretty entertaining.

Xandy Boosts
10-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Oh yeah this thread wasn't made yet so I posted the video of Kobe and others in the commercial in the random video of the day thread

Everytime I see that shit, I :rofl: everytime

MikeisNissan
10-29-2008, 06:34 PM
What happened to Akademikone? DopeStyle got too dope for him?

SimpleSexy180
10-29-2008, 06:35 PM
^lulz.

nah, got pinked.

MikeisNissan
10-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Got pinked cuz DopeStyle was just way too damn dope..

Rey of Spots
10-29-2008, 06:41 PM
You fail at attempting to make a funny. Are you hating on him or something?
Seems like you are in your other posts at him. :down:

Back on topic:
Lakers/Clippers tonight. How many points are the Lakers gonna win by?

94cc0rd
10-29-2008, 07:05 PM
wtf .. why waste fouls and hack a shaq in the 2nd quarter..

i hate the spurs..

that hackashaq 5 seconds into the game was funny but this is just retarded...

MikeisNissan
10-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Sorry I fail at attempting to make a funny. (Borat voice) :down:

Rey of Spots
10-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Sorry I fail at attempting to make a funny. (Borat voice) :down:
It's ok. I still love you. :love::love::love:

Xandy Boosts
10-29-2008, 07:31 PM
well we'll find out at the end of the game if the hack a shaq at half was worth it or not

enkei2k
10-29-2008, 10:01 PM
go knicks! yeah baby 1-0 to start the season!!! lol...good for them. i'm not gonna think they'll have a .500 season but heck, anything better than 23-59 finish this season will be a treat. no starbury no curry no problem! both useless people. i'm surprised randolph kept up considering he's supposed to be a slow dude.

94cc0rd
10-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Go lakers!!!!

THE PROPHET
10-29-2008, 11:01 PM
wow the lakers are killing the clippers! GO LAKERS!! undefeated hahaha lol

Xandy Boosts
10-29-2008, 11:19 PM
i thought it was gonna be close the way the clips played the 1st quarter but damn when the 2nd unit came in, it was over

OptionZero
10-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Why we hate and love Don Nelson, but end up hating him when it's all said and done:

He cooks up this mad scheme to defend Chris Paul by putting Stephen Jackson on him, switching EVERY screen, and I mean EVERY SCREEN (it was ridiculous, even the softest brush screens were switched), inviting the Hornets to post up on smaller men. Andris Biedrins and Ronnie Turiaf would end up isolated on Chris Paul; they'd back way off, let Chris Paul take wide open J's all day.

Ridiculously, it worked. The Warriors had a 1 point lead with 28.9 seconds left.

Then, for some brainfart reason, the Warriors defend the Paul screen and roll by blitzing Stephen Jackson and Al harrington, abandoning the scheme they played all game.

Since Nellie, for yet another brainfart reason, played Stephen Jackson all 48 minutes, Jackson OF COURSE fails to hedge on Paul with his broke ass legs, giving CP3 a wide open lane for the game winner.

A couple turnovers later, the score shows the Warriors losing a game they were neck and neck in all night.

Don Nelson, ladies and gentlemen.
Brilliant enough to keep you watching, dumb enough to make you want to shoot him.

BOROSUN
10-29-2008, 11:40 PM
yay, knicks...

the crowd was cheering marburry!!!

Rey of Spots
10-29-2008, 11:44 PM
What a heart breaker for the Warriors. Good game.

Tell me why Marbury and Curry had a DNP?!

"No one on the corna have swagga like us."

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/ff/fullj.4be0e299fd21a60d8d0d5c037bd52c4f/4be0e299fd21a60d8d0d5c037bd52c4f-getty-83010071ng022_lakrs_clips.jpg

The Lakers made it look easy last night, and tonight. I don't even wanna
talk about the game. There's nothing to talk about. 80 more games to go
'til the big dance. Fuck it. Give us Boston already in a 7-game series. Let's go!
I want Boston.

kdashy
10-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Good game tonight.

ZenkiGTS
10-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Golden state baby

imnotmatt1189
10-30-2008, 12:23 AM
^ uhm.... they lost. lol.

BOROSUN
10-30-2008, 12:23 AM
curry had a bummed knee.

as for marburry they wanted others to play more mins. d'antoni only wanted to see certain guys play.

just like gallinari, he only played a couple of mins and then sat him down the whole game.

Phlip
10-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Tell me why Marbury and Curry had a DNP?!

Because D'antoni has washed his hands of Marbury once, and I am damned sure he will do it again.
Curry is a release/trade waiting to happen as well.

Dutchmalmiss
10-30-2008, 09:48 AM
When's the next LA/Boston game?

Rey of Spots
10-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Christmas Day
BOS at LAL

Bring it on.

Rey of Spots
10-30-2008, 12:10 PM
ESPN - Report: Andrew Bynum reaches four-year, $58 million extension with Los Angeles Lakers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3673083)

The Los Angeles Lakers have reached an agreement on a four-year contract extension with center Andrew Bynum worth about $58 million, the Los Angeles Times reported, citing sources familiar with the negotiations.

The deal would keep Bynum under contract with the Lakers through the 2012-13 season, according to the report. The first three years of the deal are reportedly worth nearly $42 million, with a team option fourth year for about $16 million.

Bynum, who will earn $2.8 million this season, showed significant improvement for the Lakers in 2007-08 before being lost for about half of the season and the playoffs to an injury. His healthy return is one reason many observers are touting the Lakers as a favorite to return to the NBA Finals and win the championship.

Phlip
10-30-2008, 12:15 PM
ESPN - Report: Andrew Bynum reaches four-year, $58 million extension with Los Angeles Lakers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3673083)

The Los Angeles Lakers have reached an agreement on a four-year contract extension with center Andrew Bynum worth about $58 million, the Los Angeles Times reported, citing sources familiar with the negotiations.

The deal would keep Bynum under contract with the Lakers through the 2012-13 season, according to the report. The first three years of the deal are reportedly worth nearly $42 million, with a team option fourth year for about $16 million.

Bynum, who will earn $2.8 million this season, showed significant improvement for the Lakers in 2007-08 before being lost for about half of the season and the playoffs to an injury. His healthy return is one reason many observers are touting the Lakers as a favorite to return to the NBA Finals and win the championship.
Given the crucial nature of having a big man in the league who can play, I can see that, especially given his young age and swift advancement, he's looking damn good out there.

Xandy Boosts
10-30-2008, 12:33 PM
i thought they were trying to get a 5 year extension?

i never followed the whole bynum deal because I didn't think he would get resigned this year haha

good news though

arkive43
10-30-2008, 03:21 PM
rockets VS lakers Rd 1 :hs:

Gnnr
10-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Christmas Day
BOS at LAL

Bring it on.

Its going to be an entertaining Christmas. :)

Rey of Spots
11-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Indiana beats the Celtics 95-79.
Phoenix beats the Blazers in an exciting game 107-96.

Lakers come back to beat the Nuggets 104-97. 5 Lakers were in foul
trouble in the 1st half. Melo's first game of the season, and it was a rough one.

MikeisNissan
11-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Suck ass wizards win today?

OptionZero
11-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Given the crucial nature of having a big man in the league who can play, I can see that, especially given his young age and swift advancement, he's looking damn good out there.

I don't really think that extension was such a great move. I'm not a Bynum hater by any means, but really, there was no need to extend him now.

The Lakers possessed restricted free agent rights, allowing them to match any offer and Larry Bird rights, allowing them to go over the cap to sign him to anything. That's pretty much all the leverage you could have, short of a sniper trained on the front offices of every other competing team in the league.

Certainly, there other considerations:

- Peace of mind of having a guy signed

- Championship-level teams shouldn't be worried about the luxury tax in the short term (in which three guaranteed years falls)

- scarcity of bigs who can play (as mentioned by PHLIP)

- future contracts should be based on what you WILL GET not what you HAVE GOTTEN, and here there is youth and potential

But consider also:

- the Lakers couldn't have paid any more than this, as Bynum got the MAX annual salary allowable

- the cap might actually decrease next year, given the crummy economy, which would lower the amount they'd have to pay (the max is a percentage of basketball income, IIRC)

- His injury history + anyone's injury possibility (see: Ellis, Monta under "Young Millionaire Idiot" on wikipedia)

- Al Jefferson got only $12.5M annually on his early extension (signed before hitting RFA), he put up 16/10 with superior low post skills the year before the extension (Bynum had just put up 13 and 7 in third a season)...both are extremely young with upside

- he hasn't looked THAT good this year (hindsight), as his foul rate has regressed (increased...) considerably

In the end, all that a "bad" extension costs a team is money and potentially a roster spot, and money isn't a big deal when you're aiming for a trophy...

imnotmatt1189
11-03-2008, 02:19 PM
allen iverson traded to pistons for billups and mcdyess!!!

ESPN - Denver Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Detroit Pistons (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3679931)

Phlip
11-03-2008, 02:34 PM

ESPN - Denver Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Detroit Pistons (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3679931)
Not a bad move, lose a highly paid player who is reckless sometimes to a fault, take on a REAL point guard and replace Marcus Camby's offensive rebounding, all for less money, which will be necessary to keep Carmelo from skating for the fat cash after next season.

Xandy Boosts
11-03-2008, 05:55 PM
it'll be interesting to see how this all turns out

qwikspool
11-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Got this off yahoo sports

Joe Dumars had the chance to consider Dallas’ Jason Kidd (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/2625/;_ylt=AhPbCky47_4cALJOSGzy.nvTjdIF) and his expiring contract over the summer, a league executive said Monday, but the Detroit Pistons (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/det/;_ylt=AsPX1MMaHeH4u8Qk8x.hqivTjdIF) president had bigger, bolder ideas. Allen Iverson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3094/;_ylt=AlhZZBJD_.R7TBUqju7CeXvTjdIF) still gives the Pistons a puncher’s chance in the Eastern Conference this season, but this trade isn’t about him. It isn’t about Chauncey Billups (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3174/;_ylt=Aq8MbGgBCaxT605Ti5SG6GPTjdIF).

Think bigger.

Think bolder.

Think LeBron James (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3704/;_ylt=Amb57z07..3wcrDfRFAJrR3TjdIF), 2010.

The Pistons president doesn’t just have the salary cap space for the Cleveland Cavaliers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/cle/;_ylt=AjFbZ6Rru2VKJVImCDeSKKTTjdIF) star. He also has the connections and the championship credibility. Make no mistake: Detroit and Dumars are officially in hot pursuit of James – maybe even the favorite now – and it promises to be a long, agonizing two years for the Cavaliers.

Detroit doesn’t deliver the bright lights and global metropolis destination that James wants when he opts out of his contract in 2010, but two more years of watching Kobe Bryant (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3118/;_ylt=AgGaNAUVz.jLFAwy_CDXYW_TjdIF) win titles could transform his priorities. James wants badly to be considered the best player on the planet and that won’t happen until he’s a champion.

James wants a front office with a vision that honors his greatness, and make no mistake: This makes Detroit and Dumars so dangerous, makes them Cleveland’s worst nightmare. The city could justify losing its prodigal son to New York or Los Angeles, but nearby Detroit?

Cleveland would never recover.
So why Iverson over a possible package for Kidd? Several league executives know exactly why: The trade with Denver to make an unhappy Iverson happier just further imbeds the Detroit franchise deeper into James’ agent, Leon Rose, and advisor, William Wesley. Just as they represent James, they rep Iverson.

And as much as anyone, “World Wide” Wes is one of the most important voices in Lebron’s life. Wesley lives in Detroit, where one of Rose’s clients, Richard Hamilton (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3330/;_ylt=Ai8T00G9sK5z37jeiqZ9ES3TjdIF), is a Pistons star. What’s more, Dumars is close to an agreement with Hamilton on a two-year extension that will keep him through 2012, sources say. This is a terrific show of faith for Hamilton, who is trying to recoup hundreds of thousands of dollars that a business manager allegedly stole from him.

Wesley comes and goes at the Palace of Auburn Hills as he pleases, and few have such a window into the winning culture of the Pistons.

As one rival GM said Monday, “Damn it, I am afraid Joe has this whole thing wired. He’s got everything in place to pull this off.”
The New Jersey Nets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/njn/;_ylt=AjrmFAxeANpLAy7UtDXOR2_TjdIF)’ move to Brooklyn is falling apart, and so is owner Bruce Ratner’s chances of using limited partner, Jay-Z, to lure James. The Knicks will be a factor, but the bumbling of the Stephon Marbury (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3099/;_ylt=AhYkYkdlEycxRILoufvSTXPTjdIF) mess has reflected horribly on the organization. The Knicks have an owner, GM and coach with differing agendas and they’ve made an initial poor impression. Detroit can’t compete with New York as the global city to market James, but winning could take care of everything.

With Donnie Walsh and Mike D’Antoni as GM and coach, the Knicks can still get their act together. Yet, no one will ever need to ask that of Dumars. No one else can sell James on a winning culture as compellingly as Dumars. He had gone as far as he could with Billups, who has three years and $36 million left on his contract. Billups gave the Pistons a slight edge over Iverson to make another run this season, but Dumars had already gotten a final run out of him a year ago. Detroit won a title, reached a Game 7 of the NBA Finals and six straight Eastern Conference finals with Billups.

Now, Billups is 32 years old. He’s declining. This is a low-risk, short-term, high-reward, long-term play for Dumars.

The Pistons president believes that the young guard Rodney Stuckey (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4293/;_ylt=AuTNelEM9zPfVL6j4FJk1vHTjdIF), a brilliant pick out of Eastern Washington, can take over the Pistons next year. Iverson and Rasheed Wallace (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3006/;_ylt=AqZdYSPrJukSAmemklgZXWXTjdIF) could leave the payroll this summer, and the Pistons will be $22 million under the salary cap in 2009. They will have a core of Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3621/;_ylt=Aj1Onb1ypdvlR4U3t0MKxo_TjdIF), Stuckey, Jason Maxiell (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3952/;_ylt=AmJnj_CRlotD4xJ2fb4OPHvTjdIF) and Amir Johnson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3982/;_ylt=AnXSnwg7YimMN7Hd7Egb5tPTjdIF) in 2010. No one else among James’ serious suitors with cap space has two All-Stars (Hamilton and Prince) and a potential third (Stuckey) for him to join.
Most of all, James knows he’d have Dumars to give him the right coach, the right teammates, the right atmosphere to chase championships for a long, long time. What makes this plan so ingenious is that the bridge from Iverson to Stuckey, from Wallace to Maxiell, makes it possible for the Pistons to reconstruct themselves without bottoming out. They’ll still be a 50-win team. Dumars hates the idea of rebuilding through the lottery, and that won’t need to happen here. He won’t be offering James a heap of ashes in 2010, but a good team needing him to complete its greatness.
For the flawed franchises falling over themselves to get under the salary cap for 2010, the most ingenious plan promises to start out of the NBA’s brightest executive mind. Joe Dumars is thinking big. He’s thinking bold. This will be an agonizing two years in Cleveland.

articdragon192
11-03-2008, 07:09 PM
That was a good read.

Phlip
11-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Now, since it was explained that way, the move just became MORE brilliant.

Rey of Spots
11-03-2008, 07:58 PM

The West just got better.

BOROSUN
11-04-2008, 06:12 PM
more drama... all the knicks fans are going nuts including me.
ESPN - New York Knicks have no plans to trade Stephon Marbury (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3682264)
i was really hoping he played this season.

it's officially gameover for the knicks. they are riding for the next top draft pick. booo

i'm glad AI is back on the east.

Vision Garage
11-04-2008, 06:21 PM
hey do you guys really think Detriot is trying to get LaBron?

Phlip
11-05-2008, 08:58 AM
hey do you guys really think Detriot is trying to get LaBron?
Post #71 in this thread up there makes it make perfect sense to me.
LeBron would be stupid to continue playing for a small market team that doesn't seem to be able to compete for a title, when he can go to a contender AND get the fat cash.

OptionZero
11-05-2008, 02:15 PM
He'll get fatter cash playing in Los Angeles, Miami, or New York...or whatever other cities are included in his shoe contract.

Phlip
11-05-2008, 02:33 PM
He'll get fatter cash playing in Los Angeles, Miami, or New York...or whatever other cities are included in his shoe contract.
Speaking in terms of market size, you're more than right, but any of those team would have to get rid of what makes them contenders to be able to afford him and not get buttraped on the luxury tax.
Well, except the Knicks, because they could have a fire sale and not be any worse.

Rey of Spots
11-05-2008, 02:40 PM
LBJ to the Lakers in 2010? Ha. Not going to happen. He will have to take
the biggest paycut in the history of sports for the Lakers to get him.

OptionZero
11-05-2008, 03:42 PM
I wasn't implying he'd go to the lakers; i was referring to the monetary factor in where Lebron will go. Los Angeles is just an example.

Miami has Beasley on the rookie scale and virtually nothing else locked up beyond 2010; they could theoretically afford Lebron and Wade.

The Nets aren't "contenders", but they will be in Brooklyn eventually and are clearly poised to make a run at James.

Phlip
11-05-2008, 08:22 PM
I wasn't implying he'd go to the lakers; i was referring to the monetary factor in where Lebron will go. Los Angeles is just an example.

Miami has Beasley on the rookie scale and virtually nothing else locked up beyond 2010; they could theoretically afford Lebron and Wade.

The Nets aren't "contenders", but they will be in Brooklyn eventually and are clearly poised to make a run at James.
I dunno, Jon.
Miami has Beasley on the rookie scale, and only Dwyane Wade, who they will ALSO have to pay big money, which leaves not quite what Cleveland can offer LeBron.

True, the Nets are not "contenders," but they MIGHT have the cash seeing how they will only have Vince Carter to pay and have the LeBron/Jay-Z thing to fall back on as well.

At the end of it, Detroit, if the situation is as presented, will have the cash AND retain the lineup to make it happen, making it a good fit.

Gnnr
11-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Miami needs a big center right now.

OptionZero
11-05-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm surprised Riley didn't take a chance on Curry, although I can't really fault anyone for avoiding his contract and problems.

Riley might be able to whip his ass into shape...might

Rey of Spots
11-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Lakers are good. They were down 2 with around 7 minutes to play,
then go on a 22-0 run to blow the game wide open.

OptionZero
11-06-2008, 12:25 AM
and the Clippers aren't very good

Warriors have 2 wins w/o Ellis and Baron has zero.

Shouldn't have whined about team options, bitch.

Rey of Spots
11-06-2008, 12:26 AM
That's what I was saying. BDiddy should have stayed up in GS.
His homecoming isn't so sweet.

Xandy Boosts
11-06-2008, 11:03 PM
great fucking game between blazers and rockets right now

it's a battle down the stretch

WERDdabuilder
11-06-2008, 11:13 PM
yeah good game 90-90

ah so close.!

Rey of Spots
11-06-2008, 11:25 PM
That play at the end of the 4th was beautiful if it would
have worked.

WERDdabuilder
11-06-2008, 11:32 PM
it probably wouldnt have counted ha. there was like .02 left on the clock and i think it already ran out but all in all..great close game.

Rey of Spots
11-06-2008, 11:34 PM
It would have counted if McGrady tipped it in. Clock don't
start until he touched it.

2 minutes to go, Portland have not been getting good shots.
1-11 in the past 7 minutes of play.

Rey of Spots
11-06-2008, 11:42 PM
WOW!! What a finish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xandy Boosts
11-06-2008, 11:43 PM
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HAHAH

Yao downs it for an and 1

then ROY comes back

damn what a fucking great game!

Refs reviewing now...

WERDdabuilder
11-06-2008, 11:43 PM
wow...couldnt have asked for a better finish.

Xandy Boosts
11-06-2008, 11:45 PM
anyone else think ROY has a funny voice? :keke:

Rey of Spots
11-06-2008, 11:46 PM
That was like 3 baskets in a matter of 4 seconds? lol

imnotmatt1189
11-07-2008, 12:05 AM
dammit. sounds like i missed a good game. :(

SimpleS14
11-07-2008, 08:31 AM
dammit. sounds like i missed a good game. :(

Watch it again....top 3 plays....

NBA.com: Video (http://www.nba.com/video/channels/top_plays/2008/11/06/nba_20081106_top5.nba/index.html?player=whatsnew)

All I can say is WOW

SimpleSexy180
11-07-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm sure most of you guys have seen it, but for those who haven't..

YouTube - AI Talks Practice, Shows His Sense of Humor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygESuw9NPKE)

It just makes me laugh every time.

MikeisNissan
11-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Yes that Rockets vs. Blazers game was EPIC.

Xandy Boosts
11-09-2008, 09:40 PM
man the lakers are sick

you can pretty much build a fantasy team out of the whole squad and come out pretty good

the whole fuckin team fills up the stat sheet

imnotmatt1189
11-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Lakers are 5-0! :)

man what an easy win...

qwikspool
11-10-2008, 07:41 AM
atlanta hawks is 5-0 too. there some good teams out there right now. but spurs, they are done.

Xandy Boosts
11-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Linwood Jenkins
I'm currently watching Kobe make all the bitch in Tracy McGrady come out. It's like an exorcism for a punk ass bitch ass pussy ass demon inside McGrady's body.

:bowrofl:

Rey of Spots
11-11-2008, 02:51 PM
What's the difference between a bucket of shit and Kevin Garnett?

The bucket.

Arh5bmAsWb0&hl

I like how he didn't get a technical foul for taunting.

WERDdabuilder
11-11-2008, 04:23 PM
cause the ring says it all!!!!!!!!!111!!!!

Phlip
11-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Okay, the lakers are 6-0, have plenty of depth and Luke Walton has consumed his usefulness...
Anyone else think he won't be on the team after the trade deadline?

Vision Garage
11-12-2008, 12:50 PM
I would have traded Walton a few seasons ago. I think he was overhyped because of his father. As a player, if he wants to continue playing basketball, he needs to step it up some. Dominate the court a little more, and actually make baskets.

Xandy Boosts
11-12-2008, 12:55 PM
who's gonna trade for him though?

Rey of Spots
11-12-2008, 01:12 PM
who's gonna trade for him though?
*cough cough*

The Grizzlies did trade KwaMAY Brown for Pau Gasol. :bigok:

OptionZero
11-12-2008, 01:28 PM
If you paid attention, you'd realize that the Grizz did pretty well in the deal actually.

Cleared out a isht load of money, got the rights to 23 yr old Marc Gasol putting up 10 and 8 (in under 30min) on a piddling $3M deal and they could probably spin Crittenton into something else if they pulled their heads out their ass. Oh, and that late pick turned into Darrel Arthur.

If the Lakers could have kept the rights to Marc Gasol, they'd have a quality young big banger, which might have meant a slightly less pressing need to overpay for Bynum. Leverage is everything at the table, and Gasol might have negated some of Bynum's leverage.

It was still a good trade for the Lakers, obviously, but I think it's time to stop referring to it as a "bad" trade for the Grizz. Both teams got what they wanted, both teams are better off than before. I believe it's possible for both teams to "win" in a deal (even if one team "wins" more)

Bad trades would be the Jason Kidd deal, or when the Nuggets traded for AI.

Then there are trades where both teams did well, like the AI-Billups swap

Phlip
11-12-2008, 01:29 PM
*cough cough*

The Grizzlies did trade KwaMAY Brown for cap room. :bigok:
There, fixed that for you.

s13_redSILVIA
11-12-2008, 10:19 PM
wOoOo LAKERS!!!!!!

Xandy Boosts
11-12-2008, 11:04 PM
damn I missed the fight

I went to take a leak and missed the end of the replay

how'd it start

NYK, 19 three pointers!
Missed Oden's 2nd debut because I was busy watching NOrleans and Lakers
Fuck Paul Pierce and KG, those guys annoyin during their post game interview

Phlip
11-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Dude, I was WATCHING the game and didn't see the fight until the replay, lol.
I saw a few minutes of the Blazers game, then I left the house, just got in about 20 minutes ago, so I still don't even know who won.

Xandy Boosts
11-12-2008, 11:11 PM
^LOL

i just saw it kinda

steve nash gettin bear hugged and held back LOL

lunatyk
11-12-2008, 11:13 PM
See Shaq push the whole group of like 6 people haha. They were flying. Nash got owned by McGrady haha, he was standing on top of him.

OptionZero
11-13-2008, 12:00 AM
AWESOME FIGHT

so first

Barnes shoves Alston as McGrady pops a 3

Alston shoves Barnes as shot goes thru net

McGrady goes after Barnes

Alston goes after Nash

Shaq bumps McGrady

Nash goes after McGrady

fuckin awesome

Never seen Nash go after someone before.

Xandy Boosts
11-13-2008, 12:16 AM
hahaha watching it on youtube

houston commentator homers

"Barnes with a very very dirty play"

it was a shove, yeah cheap but not dirty

Shaq was awesome :rofl:

Nash tossed to the floor haha

Was it barbosa that was dragging nash? Someone lifted him up...Nash's legs were up in the air swinging :bowrofl:

Still loling at shaq, he pushed mcgrady and some other guy down, then he pushed Yao down LOL

WERDdabuilder
11-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Never seen Nash go after someone before.

nash looked like a kid you see fighting in a school yard ha.

funny shit.

shaq nfl?

http://i36.tinypic.com/2jcuio3.gif

BOROSUN
11-13-2008, 02:40 AM
hahaha shaq diesel ftw!

Gnnr
11-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Crap, I missed it! I gotta watch the vid later when I get home.

School has me too busy to watch any games lately. :(

Besides the Laker games. What upcoming games do you guys feel are "must see" for lack of a better word?

I need to schedule in some NBA time. lol...

Xandy Boosts
11-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Must see I think are Portland games (and of course Lakers also)

In both my fantasy league's Rudy Fernandez was a free agent so I picked them up ASAP

that guy is tearin it up and still fun to watch just as he was when he was playing for Spain in the Olympics

I remember two drafts ago, on probably 95% of the mock drafts, Rudy Fernandez was always a pick for the Lakers.

Of course they got Javaris, which lead to the Pau trade but something in me still kinda wishes the Lakers could have gotten him

Of course when I saw his name on those mock drafts, I was like WTF who is he, cause I didn't know anything about him until the Olympics

ANVIL
11-13-2008, 12:15 PM
shaq manhandling everyone during the fight :coold: lol

suns losing :down:

damn how about dwight howards monstar game last night! hes on my fantasy team and hes been racking up the stats for me! last night was actually a great night for my fantasy team... i might have to think about picking up Rudy Fernandez too. heres my fantasy roster

D. Howard
Chris Bosh
Yao Ming
Brandon Roy
Stephen Jackson
Beno Udrich
Derek Fisher
Emeka Okafor
Greg Oden (wtf ill probablly drop him...)
Rip Ham
Raja Bell
Charlie Villanueva

pretty decent team but i really need someone consistant in assists but no one in my league is willing to deal unless they rip me off

imnotmatt1189
11-13-2008, 01:34 PM
^ don't drop greg oden he's back now.
drop raja bell for rudy fernandez

btw here's a link for the fight lol
YouTube - Near melee between Houston Rockets and Phoenix Suns (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkjWnoM7WD0)

ANVIL
11-13-2008, 02:20 PM
yeah im really planning to wait like 2 more weeks before i drop raja or oden. they have potential. i need raja for them 3's. only person to make more than him in the past 3 seasons is ray allen. what im really trying to do right now is trade one of my C/F+ one of my more expendable guys for a star gaurd that gives out assists. and then pick up rudy...

aziankingz
11-13-2008, 02:42 PM
knicks going all the way this year!!

lunatyk
11-13-2008, 09:30 PM
That's not happening haha...I'm from LA area, I hate the Lakers. But I think they're taking it this season.

revat619
11-13-2008, 09:55 PM
That's not happening haha...I'm from LA area, I hate the Lakers. But I think they're taking it this season.

How the hell can you be FROM the LA area and HATE the Lakers?!

But thats neither here nor there. I agree with your statement that the Lakers are taking it this season.

Yes i said that last season....You people shut your mouths.

DONT JUDGE ME SON! :rofl:

lunatyk
11-13-2008, 10:06 PM
I don't know, just never been a fan of them. Even during their 3-peat with Kobe and Shaq. Always been a Houston guy; Francis needs to come back from rehab already and play!!!

BOROSUN
11-13-2008, 11:42 PM
AI for championship

go pistons!

Xandy Boosts
11-14-2008, 01:55 AM
good finish by detroit

but damn Rip was clanking all his shots, what's up with that

Phlip
11-14-2008, 08:04 AM
I don't know, just never been a fan of them. Even during their 3-peat with Kobe and Shaq. Always been a Houston guy; Francis needs to come back from rehab already and play!!!
Steve Francis was only good in Houston when he was the ONLY option, and guess what? They didn't win then.
Their best chance is that Artest remains somewhat sane and that McGrady and Yao don't fall the fuck apart physically as they have the last few years... Even then, coming off in the west if you're not in New Orleans or LA will be DIFFICULT.

AI for championship

go pistons!
That is just funny to read, the Pistons are an OLD team, and Iverson is a chemistry killer. Chemistry was what made the Pistons successful. I have no faith in this working out for them.

ANVIL
11-14-2008, 10:24 AM
Iverson is a chemistry killer. Chemistry was what made the Pistons successful. I have no faith in this working out for them.

as much as i like AI, this is SO true. :-/ his playing style is just not suited for championships, and especially a team like the pistons

Rey of Spots
11-14-2008, 10:30 AM
as much as i like AI, this is SO true. :-/ his playing style is just not suited for championships, and especially a team like the pistons
It's made for And1. :coolugh:

BOROSUN
11-14-2008, 03:56 PM
didn't you listen to charles last night. he was on a good team, but never on a great team.

when ai was in denver he did not have anyone besides mello who scored. the rest of the team was not consistent.

piston vs lakers tonight. i don't expect them to win (hoping for them to win), but play great and give the lakers a run.

yay, i'm a piston fan now.

SimpleSexy180
11-14-2008, 04:07 PM
OH! ill be missing the laker game watching james bond.

but i'll be recording that shit.

lunatyk
11-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Steve Francis was only good in Houston when he was the ONLY option, and guess what? They didn't win then.
Their best chance is that Artest remains somewhat sane and that McGrady and Yao don't fall the fuck apart physically as they have the last few years... Even then, coming off in the west if you're not in New Orleans or LA will be DIFFICULT.
Although that may be true, according to the interviews I read and saw he and Artest are both willing to play whatever role Rick Adelman thinks is best and that may and probably will be both of them coming off the bench (whenever Francis is back...). Because once Battier comes back from injury he is most likely going to be the starter for small forward again. Yea, Francis loves the ball but he's good with it and an agressive bench is what Houston needs. Francis, Brookes, and Artest should work very well together. But only time will tell.

Phlip
11-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Okay, when I came in from the gym and Wal Mart, I was GOING to say "damn, the Celtics are getting their fuckin' face chipped," but in the time it took me to get to it, they made a run and were up.

... the the Nuggets played DEFENSE!!!
Time for the lakers game, which I am sure to be asleep before the end of.

Xandy Boosts
11-14-2008, 08:55 PM
damn kobe just passed bird

and that sick ass lob dunk from gasol

good win by denver
so fukn glad boston lost :D

aziankingz
11-14-2008, 11:07 PM
knicks ftw!!
detroit dropped the ownage on the lakers!!

lunatyk
11-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Houston lost to San Antonio.. That is just terrible...

BOROSUN
11-14-2008, 11:43 PM
put a lil D in front of the knicks they will crack.

also they're going to buyout starburry's contract. boooo hisssss hiss

WERDdabuilder
11-15-2008, 12:07 AM
detroit dropped the ownage on the lakers!!

ah i love it.

qwikspool
11-15-2008, 01:06 AM
didnt get to see the piston vs lakers. but watching the highlights at nba tv, lakers defense was weak.

s13_redSILVIA
11-15-2008, 05:43 AM
AW LAKERS WTF???
oh well still a good start.

Rey of Spots
11-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Good game by the Pistons. Caught the Lakers by surprise. They hit all their shots, while the Lakers missed all of theirs. Kobe, Fisher, and Radmanovic
couldn't hit for shit.

Props to Denver for beating the Celtics on their homefloor.

miucus
11-15-2008, 12:01 PM
im going to the clipper warrior game right now... go warriors

OptionZero
11-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Marbury refuses to take anything less than the full amount of his contract in a "buyout."

I think he should spend some money on an agent.

Or read his contract.

Or maybe take economics 101.

BOROSUN
11-15-2008, 01:46 PM
good for marbury.

watch...the next few games the knicks are going to lose and start losing. dantoni is a @sshole.

all i wanted is to see is marbury play as a knicks with a good coach.

OptionZero
11-15-2008, 02:32 PM
They got to where they are without Marbury

If he leaves and they start losing, how is Marbury relevant at all? He's a nonfactor.

He's just a dumbass for not accepting a pay cut thats equivalent to his new contract with another team.

BOROSUN
11-15-2008, 03:15 PM
have you seen knicks schedule?

eye for an eye.

go team marbury!

Gnnr
11-15-2008, 07:43 PM
I fall asleep at halftime on the Lakers/Pistons game. Man, those double headers suck for the East...

aziankingz
11-15-2008, 08:40 PM
knicks are doing great without marbury..

yeah those double headers take their tolls during midnight lol..

BOROSUN
11-16-2008, 12:10 AM
they can do better with marbury.

also where's gallinari now? dantoni picked him because his dad was a friend.
back injury. what?

BOROSUN
11-16-2008, 12:26 AM
all star game: vote starbury - New York Knicks Fan Forums (http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5487)

zilvia please vote for marbury for the all-star game. join the movement!

we need your votes!

go to http://www.nba.com (http://www.nba.com/allstar2009/asb/eng/landing.jsp?cid=nba18)

VOTE FOR MARBURY

aziankingz
11-16-2008, 09:11 AM
i rather vote for someone who deserves it..

Rey of Spots
11-16-2008, 11:08 AM
^Word. Dude hasn't played in so long. He doesn't deserve it. Why rob
someone a spot just for him?

BOROSUN
11-16-2008, 11:35 AM
marbury is in his best shape and staying in shape. he played in (of the bench) prem-games and played well with dantoni system, although he was letting his teamates get involve more.

marbury can light up the scoring boards anytime to 50pts. he is the best talented player in the whole knick camp but, danotoni decides to bench him. its not his fault.

as a new yorker playing with the knicks in the msg is a dream, but its being robbed from him.

we just want him to have a chance to play. plus its funny if he does make it.

OptionZero
11-16-2008, 01:30 PM
you vote marbury in to buttfuck david stern

its a joke

MikeisNissan
11-16-2008, 01:47 PM
i vote for his 15.00 shoes.

Phlip
11-16-2008, 05:53 PM
i vote for his 15.00 shoes.

I don't dislike the shoes because they're only available through one channel, I dislike them because they're fucking ugly.

Rey of Spots
11-16-2008, 08:20 PM
You no like?

http://ratednfornasty.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/starbury.jpg

:keke:

aziankingz
11-16-2008, 10:16 PM
damn knicks blew it.. argh!

BOROSUN
11-16-2008, 10:24 PM
starbury loves ny
mfvIutJXjC8

bcrmEOyPCQM
vote for starbury

not stern, but dantoni.

BOROSUN
11-16-2008, 11:07 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/4i0e4x.jpg

imnotmatt1189
11-17-2008, 12:51 AM
wtf. vote starbury when he hasn't played a single game this year?

alright then. vote sun yue for all-star 09 too.
i'd rather vote for someone who's actually tearing it up and playing good then some guy that's been good in the past but hasn't played a single minute all season.

origin_s135
11-17-2008, 02:24 AM
so sad, like my dog died but worse. just win baby, win.

Phlip
11-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Hell, D'Antoni apparently has it out for Marbury... Does anyone remember who didn't have a roster spot for him, which ALLOWED him to go to NY?
I am not taking a roster spot from someone who deserves it on the merits of the game on the court to give it to Marbury, who has not deserved it for years now, just so we can screw D'Antoni on his way out of town.

Also:
ESPN NBA Feds accuse Mavs owner Cuban of insider trading (http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=3708124&top)

Also:
http://fiyastarter.com/fs-pages/fs-sports-nbarank08-3.html

BOROSUN
11-18-2008, 10:33 PM
knicks lose again.

its not just screwing dantoni, but giving him a chance to play.
starbury could easily had a allstar season like zbo this year.

btw, that rank list is retarded, knicks#13 spot. lol
way too early for rankings.

ANVIL
11-19-2008, 11:09 AM
marbury is irrelavant in the league now. he hasnt done anything since his suns days where he led them to a first round playoff appearance. time to get off his nuts and find someone else to ride

Phlip
11-19-2008, 11:19 AM
marbury is irrelavant in the league now. he hasnt done anything since his suns days where he led them to a first round playoff appearance. time to get off his nuts and find someone else to ride
And even then it stands to argument that Amare Stoudemire and Shawn Marion had a lot to do with even THAT.
I mean, I am not hating on Stephon Marbury or anything, but the fact of the matter remains that if he were still all-star calibur, the Nets would have made the playoffs with him and we would not be discussing his career with the Suns and Knicks, as he would be an all-star guard there.
Tough break, at least he is still getting a check.

aziankingz
11-19-2008, 11:42 AM
damn knicks.. bostons D is too good.. and they are pretty much unstoppable at home.

BOROSUN
11-19-2008, 12:16 PM

eeerr wrong

Year ↓ Team ↓ GP ↓ GS ↓ MPG ↓ FG% ↓ 3P% ↓ FT% ↓ RPG ↓ APG ↓ SPG ↓ BPG ↓ PPG ↓
1996–97 Minnesota 3 3 39.0 .400 .300 .600 4.0 7.7 .7 .0 21.3
1997–98 Minnesota 5 5 41.8 .306 .280 .783 3.2 7.6 2.4 .0 13.8
2002–03 Phoenix 6 6 45.3 .375 .227 .758 4.0 5.7 1.2 .0 22.0
2003–04 New York 4 4 43.5 .373 .300 .680 4.3 6.5 1.8 .0 21.3

on his nets year the team was hampered by injuries.
plus kmart was only a rookie and eastern division was stronger.

rumor... he might go to the spur, hopefully he will get to play.

suck my nuts.

Rey of Spots
11-19-2008, 12:23 PM
EDIT. fabgzxbsdggzvx

ANVIL
11-19-2008, 12:52 PM
wheres the last 4 seasons of stats??

Rey of Spots
11-19-2008, 12:54 PM
03-04 nyk 47 47 39.1 0.431 0.321 0.833 0.8 2.3 3.1 9.3 1.4 0.1 3.23 2.10 19.8
04-05 nyk 82 82 40.0 0.462 0.354 0.834 0.6 2.4 3.0 8.1 1.5 0.1 2.84 2.30 21.7
05-06 nyk 60 60 36.6 0.451 0.317 0.755 0.4 2.5 2.9 6.4 1.0 0.1 2.62 2.40 16.3
06-07 nyk 74 74 37.1 0.415 0.357 0.769 0.5 2.4 2.9 5.4 1.0 0.1 2.42 2.50 16.4
07-08 nyk 24 19 33.5 0.419 0.378 0.716 0.7 1.8 2.5 4.7 0.9 0.1 2.00 2.40 13.9

BOROSUN
11-19-2008, 01:02 PM
the years of poor management.

i do blame marbury for helping fire larry brown. i liked larry brown.

Phlip
11-19-2008, 01:14 PM
rumor... he might go to the spur, hopefully he will get to play.

I can't think that would be a good fit for either team, except for the knicks unloading Marbury's contract without having to pay him... I can't see what the Spurs would be able to offer the knicks that could actually HELP them, being that he is a shoot-first point guard, or a just a little too small (in my opinion) shooting guard, who ALSO happens to be getting up in age, approaching his 32nd birthday. Not to mention he is needy of the ball (which saw him out of Minnesota AND Phoenix) and I am not yet convinced of his defensive abilities, and those just will not go over on a Gregg Popovich team.
Although, based on what happened in Philly and Detroit, I am not willing to fully blame Marbury for Larry Brown's departure, I am pinning that mostly on Larry Brown and the knicks' SHITTY management.
I also, for the record, blame the Knicks' management for letting the team fall into such a shitty mess, which I am sure they will return to THIS SEASON... I mean, anyone who would allow themselves, while in the LARGEST media market in the US, to fall into this quagmire must be fucking retarded at worst, and worthy of firing at least, yet Dolan still has a fucking job?

ANVIL
11-19-2008, 01:16 PM
its ok man, shaq is my favorite player... sometimes u gotta face it when your guy is outta his prime. even though shaq is tearing it up this season, on his way to probablly one of his best in the last few if he can keep it up

im sure he can still tear it up on the and1 tour ;)

Phlip
11-19-2008, 01:25 PM
I agree that Shaq is out of his prime, and I CRINGE at his mentioning a possible return to the Lakers when his current contract ends... I think that they'd be smarter than that, as they have their future there now, who has come along wonderfully... Shaq would be a bloated contract and swollen ego, he should retire at the end of his current contract.

BOROSUN
11-19-2008, 02:03 PM
actually he's been playing great defense and passing great.
to bad we couldn't see it this year.

Phlip
11-19-2008, 02:44 PM
actually he's been playing great defense and passing great.
to bad we couldn't see it this year.
He always does when contract years approach.
Not to mention he is not the only show in town now, see how he was done up by Patrick Ewing when the Knicks last mattered, then Hakeem when the Knicks stopped sucking? He played like he wanted money in LA, but he fucked that up because Kobe was more popular.
He went to Miami and got lucky in a wholly weak year for the whole year, and when the league stengthened without The Heat, he finds himself in Phoenix... Next season (09-10) is a contract year for him, if I am not mistaken, and he seems to think that he will be able to play basketball forever without proper conditioning. Apparently, no one has bothered to inform him that Dwight Howard has become what HE was, Andrew Bynum has turned the corner and Greg Odom was not bad before and can only get better. Shaquille is fast becoming expendable.

ANVIL
11-19-2008, 02:52 PM
agree with almost everything said :o

shaqs always been a good passer. his defense is changing for the better, as he stays out of foul trouble (comes in with the less minutes). and hes doing good this year because the suns are changing from a run and gun to a semi- half court offense team. last year shaq was trying to adapt to their style, this year its more of a comprimise, to utilize everybody better. as soon as nash picks back up (he seems rusty this season) im sure suns will get to the 3rd or 4th seed.

but theres no denying that hes still worth something (maybe not as much as his current contract) but something. funny thing, i was telling all my buddies that dwight is the 2nd coming of shaq, and will be my new guy when shaq retires

BOROSUN
11-19-2008, 03:54 PM
oh wait, i was talkin about marbury. lol

yeah, playing till body his fall apart is probably not a good idea for shaq especially his shape now. but, i really dont care too much as long he still can play and fill up the paint.
do whatchu wanna do shaq!

howard is a beast like the young shaq was, but shaq did destroy him on the dance off.

shaq was the best detroying rims
id9BWXQLSrk
not to mention the best crossovers for a bigman
Bq63G0DUYh8

ANVIL
11-19-2008, 04:20 PM
its actually good that he sees so much rest. thats part of the reason why hes doing so good this year. only playing 1 game on a back to back situation. i mean, comon he's played SO many games in his carreer, pretty sure hes been in the playoffs every season. his seasons are all longer especially with so many finals appearances.

did the suns play the lakers yet? id like to see how they do against them... lakers being the favorite to come out of the west and all...

WERDdabuilder
11-19-2008, 05:50 PM
i love watching Rose play(no homo). hope he wins ROTY.

Xandy Boosts
11-19-2008, 06:24 PM
first time getting a chance to see him last night.

dude is sick, can't wait to see him again tonight against B Roy.

imnotmatt1189
11-19-2008, 06:38 PM
not to mention the best crossovers for a bigman

Shaq's crossovers aren't THAT good... :keke:

8CBvWWbAQ-o

ANVIL
11-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Shaq's crossovers aren't THAT good... :keke:

8CBvWWbAQ-o

show me a big man who has a better one :hsdance:

Phlip
11-20-2008, 10:29 AM
show me a big man who has a better one :hsdance:
Active?
Don't particularly care to, because big men these days aren't handling the ball like they used to.
Before?
Hakeem Olajuwon or David Robinson, any day... Both gave Shaq FITS.

aziankingz
11-20-2008, 01:12 PM
tonight will be a great double header..

imnotmatt1189
11-20-2008, 01:32 PM
^ +1 on that.

Lakers gon' smash on the suns!!!

qwikspool
11-20-2008, 08:45 PM
pistons got there ass handed by the celtics. wassup with that?

BOROSUN
11-21-2008, 12:01 AM
boston out played them including the bench too.

they need mcdyess back.

qwikspool
11-21-2008, 02:26 AM
suns got their ass whoop. bynum was getting dominated down low by shaq. good game overall.

aziankingz
11-21-2008, 07:36 AM
pistons-boston game was an upset nonetheless.. top players were playing worse than bench players..

sun-lakers was great, but then again i never finished the game (east coaster cant stay up late :O()

ANVIL
11-21-2008, 09:20 AM
yeah props to the lakers.... solid defense. caused so many turnovers. shaq did awesome (as usual) but nash is still having a hard time adjusting to the half court style offense and even Amare was having a bad game. laker bench was killer too

Dutchmalmiss
11-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Radman with 5 for 6 3-pointers...wish he did that all the time. The machine hasn't been wowing me lately.

OptionZero
11-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Randolph for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley
Crawford for Harrington

NYK gets 3 contracts that expire in 2010. One word explains these deals:

Lebron

Clippers needed more talent, they needed scoring. Randolph does that, and he boards too. He doesn't play a lick of defense, but moving Camby to C will help both players.

Kaman is going to MIA, CHI, or CHA. Book it.

Warriors get another scorer, but one who has some ability to play the point . . . just not well, if history is an indicator. Crawford is a scoring guard with range but no shot selection, absolutely NO rebounding (1.5/game in 35 minutes...) and by all accounts, no defense. The Warriors already had a isht load of options at the perimeter positions: Maggette, Jack, Buike, Morrow, Watson with Ellis coming back and Anthony Randolph developing. No doubt we'll see Jack and Maggette playing some power forward and lots of Randolph and Brandan Wright in street clothes.

aziankingz
11-21-2008, 08:58 PM
did anyone hear dantoni speak after the huge loss? marbury was given a chance to play since crawford is gone and he refuses.. still want him as an allstar? i sure dont.. motherfucker is a sell out..

BOROSUN
11-22-2008, 01:02 AM
what the hell you talking abouts....
remember last night(after laker vs suns) dantoni interview was talking about starbury not part of his plan and team.

now they ask him to play... GTFO.

starbury gone, hopefully he can play somewhere else.

just be happy crawful is gone and tim is back. also they took 27mill off the cap plus the expiring contacts. now we can get lebron and wade.
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3718274&categoryId=2378529

yes vote for marbury!

Phlip
11-22-2008, 08:51 AM
did anyone hear dantoni speak after the huge loss? marbury was given a chance to play since crawford is gone and he refuses.. still want him as an allstar? i sure dont.. motherfucker is a sell out..
Well, I look at THAT like this:
Last year, his dad collapsed at a game in The Garden and no one from the Knicks saw fit to tell Steph, who was PLAYING in the damned game.
Then, this season, he is made to sit for nothing more than D'Antoni having a hair up his ass over him for some reason (remember how he was ushered out of Phoenix because he didn't fit D'Antoni's vision?)...
NOW, with the shoe on the other foot, Starbury is still on the roster, still being paid and the ball is in his court, he can say "fuck you" right back to them... Yes, "fuck you for letting my dad die without telling me," "fuck you for allowing this motherfucker to continue whatever issue he had with me so damned unprofessionally," and most importantly, like Mr. Frank White, "FUCK YOU, PAY ME!!!"
For this, I am NOT mad at Starbury, not even a little bit.

-HOWEVER-
I REFUSE to take a roster spot from someone who is actually playing this season in order to assist Marbury in the fuckover of the team, $21.9mil will do that JUST fine.

ALTRNTV
11-24-2008, 11:12 AM
How could you people let this thread die?

Thoughts:
-Atlanta being 8-5, they looked good, but still an unexperienced team
-DEN/DET trade, looks like DEN got the better deal of that trade, 7-2 since the trade
-Knicks are seriously trying to make cap room for Lebron and others in 2010
-Clippers being 2-11, that BDiddy signing was stupid
-Lakers steamrolling through the the league so far
-Celtics look good as well

Xandy Boosts
11-24-2008, 04:29 PM
BDiddy signing ;)

ALTRNTV
11-24-2008, 10:54 PM
One source said the Clippers are talking to the Charlotte Bobcats about a package that would send Kaman to Charlotte for Jason Richardson.
So they're going to trade their bonafide center for Richardson?

Xandy Boosts
11-24-2008, 11:29 PM
The Clips trade with the Knicks is currently on hold because Mobley has to see a heart specialist. Physical extended another 24 hours. Scary shit...

OptionZero
11-25-2008, 12:51 AM
So they're going to trade their bonafide center for Richardson?

Kaman is a legit center, but Baron isn't a legit point guard. He'll never be content dumping it into the post where Kaman operates best.

Randolph and Camby fit much better in the uptempo system where Baron thrives, so on pure "fit", Kaman is the odd man out.

He has value, so they should be able to get a solid return.

I'm not a huge fan of Richardson (shitty defender, shitty FT%, shitty handles when he was in GSW) but he's pretty productive and would probably enjoy being reunited with Baron.

ALTRNTV
11-25-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm getting tired of these blowouts. Wake me up when the game's over.
Good win, Kobe with a bad shooting night, but Gasol carried the load and
Bynum is starting to look the the Bynum of last year. Great display of
footwork tonight.

12-1

Kaman is a legit center, but Baron isn't a legit point guard. He'll never be content
dumping it into the post where Kaman operates best.
That's because Baron's a shoot first type of PG.

OptionZero
11-26-2008, 12:38 AM
he's a shoot first PG who can't shoot, which makes him a pretty shitty PG

ALTRNTV
11-26-2008, 12:41 AM
He never should have left Golden State, he was a better fit there.

OptionZero
11-26-2008, 12:54 AM
all cuz he wanted more guaranteed years and to be a hollywood supastar

enjoy your guaranteed 5 years of shittiness, baron. Suck it.

now if only we could fire don Nelson and trade Stephen Jackson

Phlip
11-26-2008, 05:58 AM
now if only we could fire don Nelson and trade Stephen Jackson

I hear P. J. Carlesimo is available, and I know Latrell needs the money.

Phlip
11-28-2008, 07:42 AM
I am STILL not mad at Marbury, given how shittily the Knicks have handled his situation(s)
FOX Sports on MSN - NBA - Marbury to Knicks: 'The marriage is over' (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8861202?MSNHPHMA)

BOROSUN
11-28-2008, 12:23 PM
yup, especially this...

In an ESPN interview Tuesday before the game against Cleveland, D'Antoni said Marbury was still out of the Knicks' plans.
"We're better off this way," D'Antoni said.

Marbury is further bitter that,two days before the season opener, D'Antoni told Quentin Richardson, the team captain, that Marbury was not going to play versus Miami -- but the coach didn't tell Marbury.

Q-snitch is a dantoni cock sucker.

they're trying to make him look like the bad guy.

OptionZero
11-28-2008, 02:51 PM
They're pretty stupid for not simply buying him out. No one will trade for him and they don't want incoming salary, which means the choices are:

- Pay him $21M to do nothing
or
- Pay him something less than $21M to do nothing

Given that winning is a low priority, the Knicks don't care if he plays somewhere else and beats them (higher draft pick this year if they lose more anyways)

So why they have him sit around instead of buying him out for $20.5M or something is stupid, take the cash and run.

OptionZero
11-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Bynum has a loose bone spur (http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2008/11/27/bynum-has-loose-bone-spur-in-right-foot/5168/) and is day-to-day.

Hey Lakers:

Told ya so.

I don't really think that extension was such a great move. I'm not a Bynum hater by any means, but really, there was no need to extend him now.

The Lakers possessed restricted free agent rights, allowing them to match any offer and Larry Bird rights, allowing them to go over the cap to sign him to anything. That's pretty much all the leverage you could have, short of a sniper trained on the front offices of every other competing team in the league.

Certainly, there other considerations:

- Peace of mind of having a guy signed

- Championship-level teams shouldn't be worried about the luxury tax in the short term (in which three guaranteed years falls)

- scarcity of bigs who can play (as mentioned by PHLIP)

- future contracts should be based on what you WILL GET not what you HAVE GOTTEN, and here there is youth and potential

But consider also:

- the Lakers couldn't have paid any more than this, as Bynum got the MAX annual salary allowable

- the cap might actually decrease next year, given the crummy economy, which would lower the amount they'd have to pay (the max is a percentage of basketball income, IIRC)

- His injury history + anyone's injury possibility (see: Ellis, Monta under "Young Millionaire Idiot" on wikipedia)

- Al Jefferson got only $12.5M annually on his early extension (signed before hitting RFA), he put up 16/10 with superior low post skills the year before the extension (Bynum had just put up 13 and 7 in third a season)...both are extremely young with upside

- he hasn't looked THAT good this year (hindsight), as his foul rate has regressed (increased...) considerably

In the end, all that a "bad" extension costs a team is money and potentially a roster spot, and money isn't a big deal when you're aiming for a trophy...

ALTRNTV
11-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Well, he's lookin' good so far in the game.

OptionZero
11-28-2008, 09:23 PM
We'll see =P

I am thoroughly against early extensions unless there is a substantial discount.
The Warriors waited out Ellis and Biedrins and got both of them for below market value.

teams that panic are stupid
look at the suns and sixers and ask them if Iggy and deng are worth the money they're gettin paid

ALTRNTV
11-28-2008, 11:00 PM
The injured Bynum plays for 36 minutes and gets 18pts/10rebs/3ast/2blks. Not bad for having a loose bone spur eh?

OptionZero
11-28-2008, 11:02 PM
It would be awesome if playing on it made it worse to the point it ended his career. That'd be really awesome.

Phlip
11-29-2008, 06:06 AM
Someone should probably tell LeBron that Charles Barkley is right and couldn't be much more right:
FOX Sports on MSN - NBA - LeBron, Barkley trade barbs (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8863792/LeBron,-Barkley-trade-barbs)

... I mean, I as a member of the viewing public have been betting against his actually STAYING in Cleveland for a career, but for HIM to do it while actively playing for the team makes him a shitty person.
I mean, I have never thought he was the brightest bulb, this only proves it.

Gnnr
11-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Wow, I guess humble is not in his vocabulary. He's so inconsiderate about it he thinks he's doing nothing wrong...

Phlip
11-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Wow, I guess humble is not in his vocabulary. He's so inconsiderate about it he thinks he's doing nothing wrong...

EXACTLY!!!
Granted, I have never been a fan of his, and this shit helps my opinion to stay where it is.

Xandy Boosts
11-29-2008, 10:21 AM
couldn't he be fined for talking like that?

or does cleveland not have the balls to fine him

or is it a violation if you talk about another player?
i remember Phil getting fined awhile when talking about Chris Bosh FA situation

WERDdabuilder
12-01-2008, 07:09 PM
vAA8mLz8aJ0

ah i love it. AI/MJ-esque....

Phlip
12-01-2008, 07:23 PM
vAA8mLz8aJ0

ah i love it. AI/MJ-esque....
Yes, ironic is that it was reminiscent of the AI/Cheese Eyes crossover, in that it was Bulls rookie vs. Sixers vet this time, lol... I enjoyed seeing it 15 times in 3 minutes on sportscenter this morning.

Also:
NBA - Top Player Salaries For 2008-09 Season : Pro Athletes Only (http://proathletesonly.com/news/front-office/nba-top-player-salaries-for-2008-09-season/)

Furthermore:
http://fiyastarter.com/fs-pages/fs-sports-nbarank08-5.html

WERDdabuilder
12-01-2008, 07:46 PM
wow, surprised to see LBJ at the bottom...

Phlip
12-01-2008, 07:55 PM
wow, surprised to see LBJ at the bottom...
Look at his tenure, look at those right around him... The HIGHEST he could be as per the current collective bargaining agreement is 26, and he (along with 26-28) took a deal that allows him to get the most cash he could get and not be locked the fuck down on a non-competing team.

MikeisNissan
12-01-2008, 07:56 PM
lebron james? How do you know this? I see some big ass black dude get up, but cant make it out.

imnotmatt1189
12-01-2008, 11:14 PM
still no deal for marbury...

ESPN - New York Knicks send Stephon Marbury home without deal (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3736322)

BOROSUN
12-01-2008, 11:38 PM
thats why vote for starbury 09 all-star!

OptionZero
12-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Jamal Crawford and Stephen Jackson played a combined 99 minutes tonight.

They had two rebounds.

Total.

In 99 minutes.

One is 6'5 with hops. The other is 6'8.

Two rebounds.

Don Nelson probably still doesn't know why we were out rebounded by 15.

PLAY YOUR FUCKING BIG MEN YOU SENILE MOTHER FUCKER

Xandy Boosts
12-02-2008, 11:29 AM
:rofl: Nelly is awesome

in other news

Marbury has taken back his $1 million discount :rofl::rofl:

ALTRNTV
12-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Looks like a Marbury for Marion deal isn't going to go through.

Devin Harris keeps making the Kidd trade look worse as each day goes by.

bboyt3nsk
12-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Ill save everyone the arguing. Cavs v. Lakers. Cavs in 5. DONE. haha jk. or am I....

Favorite quote of the year this far....

practice?
Practice??
PRACTICE?!?!?!
PRACTICE?!?!?!?!

-Allen Iverson

Oh yeah and Lebron isnt leaving Cleveland. Hell probably mysteriously disappear if he leaves without bringing cleveland a title.

ALTRNTV
12-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Ill save everyone the arguing. Cavs v. Lakers. Cavs in 5. DONE. haha jk. or am I.....
Quoted for later.

Gnnr
12-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Favorite quote of the year this far....

practice?
Practice??
PRACTICE?!?!?!
PRACTICE?!?!?!?!

-Allen Iverson

2IdoCLk3kCo

Haha, at least he can make fun of himself. :)

qwikspool
12-02-2008, 07:33 PM
pacers won by one.what a tip in. man that was a good game.

ALTRNTV
12-02-2008, 07:33 PM
So the Pacers beat the Celtics AND Lakers in a matter of a month. Lucky shot at the end lol.

WERDdabuilder
12-02-2008, 08:46 PM
damn bosh and the crew getting handled.

BOROSUN
12-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Tha Yard - CHRIS WEBBER CALLS OUT QUENTIN RICHARDSON (http://tube.thayard.net/media/1068/CHRIS_WEBBER_CALLS_OUT_QUENTIN_RICHARDSON/)

OptionZero
12-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Wow, amare really blows.

5 boards, 4 turnovers in 33 minutes?

Shouldn't a dude with that much physical ability spend some time developing some . . . skills?

imnotmatt1189
12-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Wow, amare really blows.

5 boards, 4 turnovers in 33 minutes?

Shouldn't a dude with that much physical ability spend some time developing some . . . skills?

uhm. he did score 28 points though. isn't that a type of skill? and obviously he was more offensively minded in this game... thats probably why he didn't get as many boards and more turnovers because the ball was in his hands more often. sure he should be pulling down more rebounds but to say he should develop some skills is pushing it.

ALTRNTV
12-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Amare always has awesome stats, I guess he just had a bad game.

OptionZero
12-05-2008, 01:28 AM
uhm. he did score 28 points though. isn't that a type of skill? and obviously he was more offensively minded in this game... thats probably why he didn't get as many boards and more turnovers because the ball was in his hands more often. sure he should be pulling down more rebounds but to say he should develop some skills is pushing it.

He has production, but not skills. He has no back to the basket moves, he's a poor positional defender.

His rebounding has actually declined the last several years.

Given his physical abilities, he should be doing more. He won't get by on raw size and speed and Steve Nash forever

Subaru
12-05-2008, 02:48 AM
lets go lakers!!!!!!

imnotmatt1189
12-05-2008, 02:57 AM
He has production, but not skills. He has no back to the basket moves, he's a poor positional defender.

His rebounding has actually declined the last several years.

Given his physical abilities, he should be doing more. He won't get by on raw size and speed and Steve Nash forever

yeah his rebounding has declined a little... but only because the suns have shaq. amare has plenty of "skill." his 20 pts 8-9 rebounds dont come JUST from his physical abilities. I don't think a couple games of poor rebounding should make it so that "oh amare has no skill. he can't rebound. without steve nash he sucks." I have to agree on what you said about his post defense though.

Phlip
12-05-2008, 06:15 AM
yeah his rebounding has declined a little... but only because the suns have shaq. amare has plenty of "skill." his 20 pts 8-9 rebounds dont come JUST from his physical abilities. I don't think a couple games of poor rebounding should make it so that "oh amare has no skill. he can't rebound. without steve nash he sucks." I have to agree on what you said about his post defense though.
Yes, as a matter of fact they do...
There comes a point where you will muscle your way to a few points and a couple rebounds, but it takes ACTUAL effort to put them up consistently, for reference see Dwight Howard, who impresses the FUCK out of me.
Without another threat or someone to handle the ball, Amare DOES suck, he cannot create his own points, has no post game, as has been mentioned, his position defense is nonexistent, and he frequently has FUCKED up haircuts.