PDA

View Full Version : turn signal issues

upstate240sx
10-25-2008, 11:47 PM
hello nissan fiens,
as the great cold ( winter) approachs i took my s13 off the road and bought a cheap 1995 Nissan Hardbody XE. Any how to my problem
When i first got the truck i was consistantly blowing fuses, i replaced the factory 10 amp with a 20 amp , just to get it home, with some kinda of signals. Any how my right turn signal intermittantly works, sometimes its fine , cluster lights up , blinks at a normal speed, and the light blinks on both the front and back. but sometimes , it doesnt, i havent found a specific condition that causes it to fail, its completely random, the back light wont work at all and the front will be very very dim, and blink slow, and the cluster signal light will be very dim, but when i switch to left it works fine, havent had any problems with the left one. So far im guess its shorting itself out somewhere, im not sure where though, ive heard of this happening before but everything ive read says to check from the steering column switches to the signal light plug harness...., a previous owner installed a towing package, harness for the trailer lights, im wondering if this might have something to do with it? maybe a problem in that .... any ideas?

upstate240sx
10-31-2008, 09:58 AM
anyone? have any ideas