PDA

View Full Version : Garrett oil return gasket

s13dan
10-22-2008, 01:34 PM
I have a gt28rs and I noticed the return hose leaks around the gasket.(while replacing mani) I was using a rubber one gasket before. Should i make a copper gasket,use rtv,or what. I figure RTV would just burn off.?I want it done right before I put it back on the motor.

SoSideways
10-22-2008, 01:59 PM
You mean the gasket for the oil return tube, which has the 2 bolts holding it on on the bottom of the turbo?

If you're looking for something that's factory, it's just like a waxed up cardboard style gasket.

aNskY
10-22-2008, 02:05 PM
ATP TURBO - The Premiere Provider of Turbocharging Components (http://www.atpturbo.com)

fromxtor
10-22-2008, 02:55 PM
^^ Word thats where I go for all my random parts or thenismoshop

aNskY
10-22-2008, 06:56 PM
yes, they are awesome, i can order a single AN fitting or an entire turbo setup piece by piece and they have it all the way across the country in 2 days every time. not to mention they are knowlegable, im like " hey i need a fitting... -4an male to the oil feed on an sr block.. uhh dont quite know the thread or pitch.." they gotcha!

s13dan
10-23-2008, 08:11 AM
Yea im talking about the two bolt tube. I found that the return on you PS pump is the same flange. So if you need to mod you oil return tube and have an extra PS pump lying around you have a great start. And from what i can geuss many guys have spare PS pumps... no one around my town knows shiat. The best i got here is diesel shops, so thanx.

s15specR
10-23-2008, 08:13 AM
I have the same problem, I used the garrett gasket and it leaks for some reason....