PDA

View Full Version : Better option (OEM exedy clutch)

repda916
10-21-2008, 08:03 PM
i have an auto right now and im doing the 5 speed swap. im going to purchase a new clutch is there a better option out there for the price and performance of the exedy OEM clutch?
Exedy OEM Replacement Clutch Kit Nissan 240sx 1991-1998 2.4L L4 Cyl. (KA24DE) (http://www.eliteautosport.net/exstreclkitf.html)

GSXRJJordan
10-21-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Exedy Stage 1 (aka OEM Replacement) clutches... I think if OEM feel is what you want, get an OEM clutch. The Exedy ones I've driven feel waaaaay too soft, with a quicker take-up than OEM (not as smooth). $75 is tough to pass up though.

Exedy Stage 2 is the best bang/buck if you're interested in upgrading past OEM, in my opinion.

repda916
10-21-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Exedy Stage 1 (aka OEM Replacement) clutches... I think if OEM feel is what you want, get an OEM clutch. The Exedy ones I've driven feel waaaaay too soft, with a quicker take-up than OEM (not as smooth). $75 is tough to pass up though.

Exedy Stage 2 is the best bang/buck if you're interested in upgrading past OEM, in my opinion.
it will be going on a stock KAde if that changes anything? with some "learning how to slide" on the weekends:keke:

GSXRJJordan
10-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Learning how to slide = you need a more solid clutch - any of the "streetable" multi-puck, sprung hub clutches would work, but like I said, my recommendation is to spend the cash and get an Exedy Stage 2. It'll easily handle your meanest clutch kicking while still maintaining drivability.

repda916
10-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Learning how to slide = you need a more solid clutch - any of the "streetable" multi-puck, sprung hub clutches would work, but like I said, my recommendation is to spend the cash and get an Exedy Stage 2. It'll easily handle your meanest clutch kicking while still maintaining drivability.
thanks for the help bro. :aw:

s13 @ fullboost
10-21-2008, 08:27 PM

The Guru Has spoken end / thread