PDA

View Full Version : Synapse Synchronic BOV issue.

ik0n
10-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Has anyone installed one of these badboys?

I just put one on my sr, and i am getting compressor surge like no other. I am also using their anti-stall valve, but i dont think that would really make a difference.

Ideas? This shit is crazy.

SoSideways
10-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Did you hook up the vacuum line correctly?

Om1kron
10-21-2008, 01:05 PM
I've read good things about the blow off valve, and there was a thread here the other day with not so good words about them. As if their videos are staged to make it look like other blow off valves are inferior when in fact they just were not adjusted as was theirs.

ik0n
10-21-2008, 01:06 PM
I believe so.

smaller vacuum nipple above tb goes to fpr and port 1 and 2 on the back of the bov

larger nipple runs to hks wastegate actuator and bov.

y/n?

Om1kron
10-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Synchronic BOV SB001 Install Tips (http://synapseengineering.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=4b61227f575b60c2645d1c477f43c2 33&topic=41.0)

ik0n
10-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Synchronic BOV SB001 Install Tips (http://synapseengineering.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=4b61227f575b60c2645d1c477f43c2 33&topic=41.0)

I've read this a million times, i even downloaded the user manual pdf for the thing.

from what i understand, A & B can go to the same vac/boost source.

and C when used for over 7psi (i am running 12), should be run to a boost only source, same as the wastegate so i read. So... i t'd off the wastegate line and ran to C.

Where A & B are T'd with the FPR.

someone once said you should tap the IC piping and do a boost only source from that, but that sounds pretty damn involved and i haven't a clue as to how to even start doing that.

SoSideways
10-21-2008, 01:20 PM
I've read this a million times, i even downloaded the user manual pdf for the thing.

from what i understand, A & B can go to the same vac/boost source.

and C when used for over 7psi (i am running 12), should be run to a boost only source, same as the wastegate so i read. So... i t'd off the wastegate line and ran to C.

Where A & B are T'd with the FPR.

someone once said you should tap the IC piping and do a boost only source from that, but that sounds pretty damn involved and i haven't a clue as to how to even start doing that.

Alright.

You never, NEVER EVER, tap the vacuum line that you're using with the BOV with anything else.

Top right nipple, the bigger one, is usually the nipple used for the BOV on an SR.

The top left nipple, the smaller of the 2, are usually used for the FPR and teed off for a boost gauge.

On the throttle body itself, there is a nipple on the bottom, that pretty much only gets boost only. So, you can use that for C on the Synapse BOV.

Come on man, this isn't rocket science, and there have been a billion different threads where people have explained how to run the vacuum lines on an SR forever now.

There are only 2 nipples on the intake manifold, and 1 nipple used for air on the throttle body, how hard can this be?

ik0n
10-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Alright.

You never, NEVER EVER, tap the vacuum line that you're using with the BOV with anything else.

Top right nipple, the bigger one, is usually the nipple used for the BOV on an SR.

The top left nipple, the smaller of the 2, are usually used for the FPR and teed off for a boost gauge.

On the throttle body itself, there is a nipple on the bottom, that pretty much only gets boost only. So, you can use that for C on the Synapse BOV.

I'll give this a shot see how it works.

but in your layout, where does the wastegate fit in if it does not T with BOV?

SoSideways
10-21-2008, 01:33 PM
I'll give this a shot see how it works.

but in your layout, where does the wastegate fit in if it does not T with BOV?

You can T the bottom nipple on the throttle body for the WG, since that's a boost only nipple, and I don't even know why or what the purpose of putting a boost only nipple on the push-type BOV is, but since they asked for it, you should be fine.

You don't want to mess with vacuum, but boost only lines can be teed without much problems.

Also, if you already have a nipple on the intercooler piping anywhere, then you could use 1 of those for the C port on the BOV, or if it's closer to the WG, use it for the WG.

rebornS14
01-18-2010, 10:48 PM
i just installed one on my S13 SR today and it works fine. perfectly without any surge. i got the 2 vacuums T'd from manifold and the seperate one from my boost controller solenoid.

nissangtr1
01-20-2010, 11:24 AM
i have one on my s14sr with Zero surge. mine is run the same way as reborns14