PDA

View Full Version : Lets' Hear It!

scottlarsen
01-28-2003, 09:56 AM
ok.. i am in the market for a new cat back echuast.. and was wondering what people suggest to stay away from, or what people lean more towards..... as of right now i want the GP Sports catback.. has anyone heard it? or heard of how they are quality wise? if i don't get that it might be the apexi N1 Dual... any comments or suggestions? and soundclips are good too. if anyone knows where to go tell me thanks guys
scott
oh by the way.. i've ehard the ones on the site i wanted sound clips that maybe some of you guys have

AKADriver
01-28-2003, 10:25 AM
for an N/A car, I suggest the 60mm 5Zigen Fireball. I've heard it on sykikchimp's car, very mellow and deep tone.

HaLo
01-28-2003, 10:35 AM
Don't get a GP Sports (3") exhaust on a NA car. It will be WAY too loud.

scottlarsen
01-28-2003, 10:49 AM
yeah sorry about that i forgot to mention that i just have the KA motor.... NA... so i am mainly talkin about those types of cat backs.... why would the GP Sports be too loud?
i thought that having a igger diameter maybe hurt the performance a bit but i thouight it would be queiter since it has too push so much air through a way bigger pipe.. if that made sense....... what else is good? what about intakes who kicks ass there?

scottlarsen
01-29-2003, 11:36 AM
nobody can comment?

AKADriver
01-29-2003, 11:50 AM
A larger diameter pipe will be louder... think of pipe diameter vs. noise like talking through a paper towel roll versus talking through a megaphone.

Dousan_PG
01-29-2003, 11:56 AM
no one wants to comment because this comes up EVERYWEEK. use the search mode bro. under "exhausT"

n1 is most common
next to n1 duel
then stuff like
HKS
Greedy (i mean greddy)
and the custom guys
rare ones like RS*R, GP Sports, etc etc
then crap welded on muffler people

all have plus and minuses. search more and find lots of info.

tnord
01-29-2003, 12:55 PM
nobody seems to care because it appears you're purchasing an exhaust for the bLinG BlInG factor yO!

Jeff240sx
01-29-2003, 01:54 PM
Harsh TNord?
I'm buying my exhaust for bling bling factor! Oh, and the power increase over stock with turbo.
Actually, I'm ****ed that exhaust can't be more discreet, like big piping, quiet muffler, and stock-looking canister. That'd be tight.
-Jeff

AKADriver
01-29-2003, 05:02 PM
There are exhausts that do what you want, they're just not usually imported... the "JASMA" certified stuff in Japan is usually real quiet and most have oval-type mufflers instead of the big canisters.

You could have a shop bend/weld up some custom 3" tubing... use a dynomax race bullet as a resonator and a nice quiet universal muffler.

HaLo
01-29-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Jeff240sx
Harsh TNord?
I'm buying my exhaust for bling bling factor! Oh, and the power increase over stock with turbo.
Actually, I'm ****ed that exhaust can't be more discreet, like big piping, quiet muffler, and stock-looking canister. That'd be tight.
-Jeff

I must say that I'd love that too! I hope I won't get pulled over with my Bee*R Type 3.