PDA

View Full Version : US will be hit by international crisis if Obama is elected

RJF
10-20-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm not saying it, "Joe the Senator" is saying it will happen.

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

murda-c
10-20-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm betting the russians, because they were a popular villian in alot of the movies i like.

spikNspan
10-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Oh no a crisis, big deal. wtf do you think the country is in a state of right now? financial crisis, the next depression could be coming soon already!

ESmorz
10-20-2008, 03:26 PM
ominous

:fruit:

SimpleS14
10-20-2008, 03:26 PM
:|

that is all.........

RJF
10-20-2008, 03:28 PM
He said "international crisis".

I thought the world was going love us once Obama was elected? :wtf:

ESmorz
10-20-2008, 03:29 PM
http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/reviews/reddawn.jpg

Charlie will save us.

But will Emilio survive?

JRas
10-20-2008, 03:35 PM
http://www.explosm.net/art/void/anarchy.gif

MudRacer
10-20-2008, 03:36 PM
uh huh.. .

mrmephistopheles
10-20-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm betting the russians, because they were a popular villian in alot of the movies i like.

I think it's going to be the Chinese.

No wait!

Ze Germans!

vodka2
10-20-2008, 03:38 PM
russia eventually will team up with india and china to have 3.7 biillion people population and take over the world .. GG lol

HalveBlue
10-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Read between the lines, what Bidden is really after is your unwavering support over apparently questionable decisions.

That really worries me, as that's basically asking the American people to undergo more of the same "with us/or against us" philosophy been in force over the last few years.

What is it with politicians always trying to sell us the grandeur of blind patriotism? Why be afraid of criticism? If it's a good idea inevitable criticism should be of the constructive kind if anything.

exitspeed
10-20-2008, 03:57 PM
I think it's going to be zombie's.

240sxaddict
10-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Questioning the government is not a right but a responsibility of a U.S. citizen. Be unwavering in your love and pride in the nation, but always question authority and keep it in check. The government is elected by the people, for the people. But right now it seems the government is elected by the sheep to control the sheep.

Level of support for obama through a crisis (if he is elected) should be established based on the crisis at hand, not just because he is president.

shishcabobers
10-20-2008, 04:04 PM
sWS-FoXbjVI

txrxs
10-20-2008, 04:04 PM
that's an unnerving statement honestly.

but yeah
http://dirtyharrysplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/wolverines.jpg

cc4usmc
10-20-2008, 04:24 PM
I need to get myself some guns before everything falls apart lol.

Anyone ever play this game?

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/cc4usmc3/freedom.jpg

ronmcdon
10-20-2008, 04:27 PM
"US will be hit by international crisis if Obama is elected" I think anyone who gets elected the next president is going to have to deal with many crisis period. With the way the OP words it, it implies a cause & effect relationship, which I find difficult to believe.

Biden is correct, not that it was difficult to predict. Actually, I think the Taliban & Pakistan will be the biggest problem. Obama will have a lot of crap to clean up in the next 4 yrs. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes now.

Russia, I'm not too worried about this point. The hit to them financially isn't going to allow for too much more miliatary invasions in the near future. If anything, it's encouraging ppl from Europe put their $$$ in the US instead of Russian and eastern Europe.

Actually in some sense it's a good question to debate whether or not McCain really would be best to deal with the international crisis at hand. Do we really need another hawkish president at this point? I'm glad that at least Obama believes that we should have focused more rebuilding Afganistan and chasing down the other OBL instead of starting something in Iraq. At least he acknowledges the need for some intervention at the right place.

Om1kron
10-20-2008, 04:31 PM
what would republican jesus do.

midnight zenki
10-20-2008, 04:42 PM
This just means he's going to have to put his foot up some yet to be named country/group's ass just like Kennedy did to the USSR during the Cuban crisis.

Maybe McCain can fly back up and purge us of another 5 planes we don't need during the operations:ddog:

P.S. don't even bring up the bay of pigs we still backed them down.

ESmorz
10-20-2008, 04:48 PM
what would republican jesus do.

Kill 'Em All.

Yay for nukes.

:goyou:

Icy13
10-20-2008, 05:11 PM
What RJF said:
As a young and popular politician, Barack Obama will be tested by the old guard to see if he is full of empty promises or a serious politician/ world leader. Not only is this always the case, but Obama/Biden are welcoming it and saying that just because the world doesnt love us instantly doesnt mean they wont respect us under and Obama/Biden adminsitration

And as a conservative, you think this is bad....

:'(

SexPanda
10-20-2008, 05:14 PM
lol.

Russians will invade the southwest, and MO will be the frontline of the new war... Between the ritious Americans and the evil zombie russians...

Oh yeah, the russians will be zombies.

lil240sx95
10-20-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm sure no matter who is elected, an international crisis is inevitable.

Flipzide
10-20-2008, 05:17 PM
What RJF said:
And as a conservative, you think this is bad....

:'(

it's funny because RJF didn't say any of that. it's clearly a quote from joe biden and RJF did not express any opinions in the OP. :mepoke:

Matej
10-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Duh, of course the world won't instantly love the US if Obama becomes president, anyone who thought so is an idiot.
The US would have to make up for a lot of things and undergo many changes for the world to love it.
However, Obama as president would at least be a step in the right direction as far is working towards patching up foreign relations goes.

98s14inaz
10-20-2008, 05:31 PM
... "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."
[/I]

So what Biden is saying is that it will be more of the same. Unpopular decisions will be made internationally except he will need our help to spread the positive propaganda that all is well. Yeah, I can hardly wait to lose at least two of our precious amendments if he is elected. Unless you have your head up your ass you know which two I am talking about. :hide:

Matej
10-20-2008, 05:39 PM
There are many different kinds of unpopular decisions.

Going to war is an unpopular decision.
Pulling out of that war is an unpopular decision to many.
Raising taxes is an unpopular decision.

You can't constantly keep promising people what they want to hear. You can't constantly keep promising lower taxes. Sadly, idiots are eating that up. If a presidential candidate dared say he'll raise taxes for everyone, he would get chewed up by the people and the media. Same goes for many other things, even though they could benefit everyone in the long run, but most people don't seem to have a sense of future.

I am against the US getting involved in any more international conflicts.
However, I would be all for higher taxes, as long as I know that the money would go towards good things, such as health care or the economy.

People need to make educated decisions, and stop trying to classify everything as black or white (no pun intended).
Facing "unpopular decisions" could mean many things, and something different to everyone.

JeremyR
10-20-2008, 05:41 PM
ughh shouldnt this thread and the first amendment thread be put into the political thread we ALREADY have?

98s14inaz
10-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Questioning the government is not a right but a responsibility of a U.S. citizen. Be unwavering in your love and pride in the nation, but always question authority and keep it in check. The government is elected by the people, for the people. But right now it seems the government is elected by the sheep to control the sheep.

Level of support for obama through a crisis (if he is elected) should be established based on the crisis at hand, not just because he is president.

Real patriots question authority. I'm an independent, I question the stupid shit both parties are doing. Unfortunately the Reps are closer to my views so they end up with my vote. Otherwise it would be Ron Paul if he was still running.

RJF
10-20-2008, 05:49 PM
28 replies in this thread and no one has called Biden a "fear-monger", yet if this statement would have been made by McCain or Palin they would have been crucified for inciting fear to try and win the election.

Hmmm, strange how that works.

98s14inaz
10-20-2008, 05:52 PM
28 replies in this thread and no one has called Biden a "fear-monger", yet if this statement would have been made by McCain or Palin they would have been crucified for inciting fear to try and win the election.

Oh he is. I was trying to be civil and not start a fight with anyone. I hate when someone gets butt hurt and the thread gets locked. Our whole political system is engineered that way, divide and conquer.

ronmcdon
10-20-2008, 06:47 PM

what Biden said (sans the irrelevant and cheesy part about getting the populace riled up) was just overstating the obvious. the shit has already hit the fan. it would not have mattered who was actually saying it. 'Fear-Monger' my ass. I'd call him 'Master of the Obvious'. he'd sooner put everyone to sleep before he has a chance to instill any fear at all. the guy has no interesting ideas, has nothing to say that hasn't been said many times before, and is an absolute bore. I have no doubt he will top Dan Quayle in notoriety (although Palin would have been a lot worse)..

Actually, I think it would have been to McCain's advantage to speak more about the international crises during these times, instead of attacking Obama. Russia, Afganistan, Pakistan, and Iran would all have been serious issues that he could have capitalized better on for the sake of his election. Regardless of whether or not it's actually the case, voters have a tendency to think conservatives are more capable when dealing with that sort of thing.

aa87
10-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Same thing would probably happen to Mccain, except Mccain will make the "Fiscal conservative" decisions like keep cutting taxes and continue fucking the deficit while biden obama get us back into surplus mode.

SlideWell
10-21-2008, 01:36 AM
fuck mc cain and his old ass. i know more well educated people in working on their PhD's and MD's that despise McCain and proves right when i see uneducated persons around sporting a McCain sticker. all you do is what mcFAKE does, attack attack attack.

RJF
10-21-2008, 09:21 AM
fuck mc cain and his old ass.

Who's doing the attacking? When you can't argue the facts the name-calling and lies start.

EroGori
10-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Same thing would probably happen to Mccain, except Mccain will make the "Fiscal conservative" decisions like keep cutting taxes and continue fucking the deficit while biden obama get us back into surplus mode.

I think that is an overly simplified economic conclusion.

renegade_ewok
10-21-2008, 11:07 AM
He said "international crisis".

I thought the world was going love us once Obama was elected? :wtf:
Your twisting words... He isn't saying the crisis will come in the form of confidence or American power architecture based on the fact an individual is president, he is just saying there will be one... nothing further... this, is key.

The Time Order and a Correlational clause isn't present here... You can't infer anything to the degree you want to based on this statement. If you ever took any kind of research/ethics class in college you know those kind of inferences cannot be made unless you can directly and infallibly attribute the two events.

The way you put it, if Obama were to hypothetically be elected president there will be a crisis that would instantiate itself that would not had McCain been elected... Do you think the rest of the American-hating world cares who heads up the United States? It's not even what we stand for anymore - they hate because they have, always will, and can. It's the U.N. nations that like Obama a whole lot more than McCain (note I said the U.N. nations, not the UN).

If Obama is elected the world won't suddenly be "right", and everything broken will be unbroken... Same for McCain, everything that is broken won't simply be fixed. I wish it was that easy hah

RJF
10-21-2008, 11:47 AM
If Obama is elected the world won't suddenly be "right", and everything broken will be unbroken... Same for McCain, everything that is broken won't simply be fixed. I wish it was that easy hah

But the world will love us again. That's what Barry has said in numerous speeches.

I'm not the one that made the original statement about a crisis, It was Biden.
And he did say "international crisis" and it will happen within 6 months.

Hopefully it won't be that nutcase in Iran attacking Israel with nukes, because if that should happen, we need to change the weather in Tehran to 3000 degrees and overcast.

Antihero983
10-21-2008, 12:05 PM
^ do you like the smell of your own bullshit? you must.

you do realize no matter who we get in there, WE ARE FUCKED.

i almost considered voting for mccain, i did, but then he got Palin as VP.

renegade_ewok
10-21-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm not the one that made the original statement about a crisis, It was Biden.
And he did say "international crisis" and it will happen within 6 months.
Then re-word your thread title...

What you said was, "US will be hit by international crisis if Obama is elected" and you worded it in a manner that sounded like there was an inevitable, but sequential and situational based occurrence around the election of Obama. That's like saying the U.S. was attacked because Bush was elected... we got attacked because we've been breeding enemies out of past allies who happen to change their minds in the later years. Shit happens, hindsight is 20/20.

If there will be a crisis, there will be a crisis regardless of who is president. Biden said Obama will be tested by a crisis. I think this is true, but it will not be a crisis that is a reactionary and indellibly linked event to the election of one man. Stop trying to assassinate his character.

I believe it is true that there will be sort of a re-judging of the U.S.'s status quo in the international community if Obama is elected president in the westernized democracies/republics in Europe. Don't say everyone, it's not that simple and everyone knows it; except for you maybe if your trying to go after him about this, it's just a good selling point. There is a reason for the fervor that Europe has adopted, you saw how Obama was received. They like the bastard. If the broader social collective likes him, that will translate to government because... well, politicans will be politicans. What would happen if McCain went to Europe? Nothing, probably protesters... I don't know.

What did I get from the little excerpt you put up? It's an attempt at sympathy. He is getting people emotionally involved, leveling his character - getting people behind him. It's a good tactic and it hasn't been used well in... well, a long time. Is it being used well here? Not really, he kind of stumbles through it without a silver tongue which is really what you need here.

For the record, I'm leaving the country after I'm done with school here, I don't care who is elected at all.

RJF
10-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Al Qaeda has tested every US President since the 90's.

The original World Trade Center bombing happened not too long after Clinton was elected.

Clinton did nothing and we were attacked again several years later with the US Embassy bombings in Africa and then the USS Cole bombing.

Again Clinton did nothing.

9/11 happened 7 months after Bush took office.

Bush took the the fight to Al Qaeda and we haven't been attacked since.

ZenkiGTS
10-21-2008, 12:49 PM
its already happenin... we're not the only ones that need help

YoungGun
10-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Agreed to being fucked either way.

I was too considering mccain, but palin is the vp, we can't have her as a president no waaaaay.

Baka Sama
10-21-2008, 01:00 PM

The original World Trade Center bombing happened not too long after Clinton was elected.

Clinton did nothing and we were attacked again several years later with the US Embassy bombings in Africa and then the USS Cole bombing.

Was there ever an Al Qaeda presence in Iraq before the 2003 invasion?

You praise Bush for taking the fight to Al Qaeda but you bitch and whine about having to pay extra taxes. I dont get it. It cost $10.3 billion to fund this so called war a month. Who do you think is gonna pay for it in the long run? You will, the small bussiness owner making 100k+ a year.

Baka Sama
10-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Just think, Mccain will more than likely be dead within the next 10 years. DEAD. Obama will be president, get over it. If you need me to send you some lube to make it easier on you just let me know. Mark my words, Obama will be president and nothing will change.

Pank
10-21-2008, 01:14 PM

you know, except for the daily attacks overseas

ronmcdon
10-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Agreed to being fucked either way.

I was too considering mccain, but palin is the vp, we can't have her as a president no waaaaay.

x3. it also calls into question McCain's judgment. Palin has not only proven herself to be horribly incompetent (makes bush look sophisticated in comparison), but her ideologies are bordering on the right extreme, and her scandals are not helping either.

Regardless I think even if McCain picked a stronger VP, it would have been difficult for him to win, given the dismal current economic circumstances. One could argue the only real competition was between Clinton and Obama. None of the Republican candidates would have had any real chance.

RJF
10-21-2008, 02:10 PM
x3. it also calls into question McCain's judgment. Palin has not only proven herself to be horribly incompetent (makes bush look sophisticated in comparison), but her ideologies are bordering on the right extreme, and her scandals are not helping either.

Regardless I think even if McCain picked a stronger VP, it would have been difficult for him to win, given the dismal current economic circumstances. One could argue the only real competition was between Clinton and Obama. None of the Republican candidates would have had any real chance.

And what makes Obama so qualified? And what about his scandals and associations?

Palin has more executive experience than any of the candidates.

Biden? That was a strong choice. He's a walking gaffe machine with statements like he made yesterday. and his plagiarism scandal from years ago.

We don't hear about those?

And why is McCain being blamed for the economy? If you look at the facts the Democrats in Congress (Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, among others) blocked any legislation proposed by Bush in 2003 and yes, McCain in 2003 to reform the mortgage industry that prompted the housing/credit crisis.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
10-21-2008, 02:30 PM
IS BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE ANTI CHRIST? read on... - Topix (http://www.topix.com/forum/state/ok/T6LC6ESI3S0DET45G)

read It...trust me It.. May be a bit much to say but read It

Antihero983
10-21-2008, 02:39 PM
ok so palin is a governor.....how does that make her great?

I don't really care about experience to be honest, because it hasnt proven shit in the past, so why the fuck would it change things now?

MikeisNissan
10-21-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm voting for Dave Chappelle. Mars bitches.

ESmorz
10-21-2008, 02:49 PM
IS BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE ANTI CHRIST? read on... - Topix (http://www.topix.com/forum/state/ok/T6LC6ESI3S0DET45G)

read It...trust me It.. May be a bit much to say but read It

What am I supposed to be reading?

Half of the people posting in there can barely string a coherent thought together.

Gnnr
10-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Hopefully it won't be that nutcase in Iran attacking Israel with nukes, because if that should happen, we need to change the weather in Tehran to 3000 degrees and overcast.

If anyone is gonna nuke anyone its North Korea.

And why is McCain being blamed for the economy?

No one is blaming him. No one TRUSTS him to handle the economy. I'll say a good portion of the blame goes to the 80s Republican Party and Reagan. And I guess a lot of people are suspicious over his campaign manager.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/22/us/politics/22mccain.html?partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

Yeah, with troopergate and the bridge. She's already a great flip flopper. Just like ALL politicians. One day RJF, you'll admit that BOTH parties are full of shit. One day.

Palin bridge to nowhere line angers many Alaskans | Reuters.com (http://www.reuters.com/articlePrint?articleId=USN3125537020080901)

The first WTC attack was on February 26, 1993. The 9/11 attacks where over 8 1/2 years later. Its been 7 years since 9/11, we're not in the "clear" by any means...don't get a false sense of security.

McNeedsACane is not much different than Bush.

The Word - Lexicon Artist | June 18,2008 - Junot Diaz | ColbertNation.com (http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/174355/june-18-2008/the-word---lexicon-artist)

98s14inaz
10-21-2008, 03:39 PM

Good points.

cc4usmc
10-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Good points.

Did you not read the post above yours?

98s14inaz
10-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Did you not read the post above yours?

Yup. I stand by what I said.:bigok:

ronmcdon
10-22-2008, 01:20 AM
And what makes Obama so qualified? And what about his scandals and associations?

Biden? That was a strong choice. He's a walking gaffe machine with statements like he made yesterday. and his plagiarism scandal from years ago.

We don't hear about those?

And why is McCain being blamed for the economy? If you look at the facts the Democrats in Congress (Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, among others) blocked any legislation proposed by Bush in 2003 and yes, McCain in 2003 to reform the mortgage industry that prompted the housing/credit crisis.

I'm not convinced Obama is qualified either, but I do think he's running a very effective campaign, and the results clearly speak for itself. Defeating Hillary in the Democratic primaries (even when losing most key states) isn't exactly a walk in the park. Obama's experience might be suspect, but I'd say to many voters he has proven himself capable enough to earn their vote. Capability (perceived by the public and/or actual) and experience aren't exactly the same thing.

Palin is embarassment regardless of her executive experience. I was actually a bit more inclined towards McCain than Obama, before the VP nominations.

Biden isn't a strong choice, I agree, but it's not a horrible one either. He's annoying, but not exactly frightening in any serious way. It was a safe, but boring decision that addressed Obama's lack in international affairs, and overall experience.

I never blamed McCain for the economy. I don't even think Bush is entirely to be blamed either. Many people made mistakes.

SlideWell
10-22-2008, 02:00 AM
If anyone is gonna nuke anyone its North Korea.

No one is blaming him. No one TRUSTS him to handle the economy. I'll say a good portion of the blame goes to the 80s Republican Party and Reagan. And I guess a lot of people are suspicious over his campaign manager.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/22/us/politics/22mccain.html?partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

Yeah, with troopergate and the bridge. She's already a great flip flopper. Just like ALL politicians. One day RJF, you'll admit that BOTH parties are full of shit. One day.

Palin bridge to nowhere line angers many Alaskans | Reuters.com (http://www.reuters.com/articlePrint?articleId=USN3125537020080901)

The first WTC attack was on February 26, 1993. The 9/11 attacks where over 8 1/2 years later. Its been 7 years since 9/11, we're not in the "clear" by any means...don't get a false sense of security.

McNeedsACane is not much different than Bush.

The Word - Lexicon Artist | June 18,2008 - Junot Diaz | ColbertNation.com (http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/174355/june-18-2008/the-word---lexicon-artist)

well put. my drunk posts on zilvia could not be better said. let alone argue with mr. super admin. hes just lookin for someone to bitch him out and ban em. instigating, wanting a rise. i mean really, why else does he post this bullcrap? really thinkin he'll change the way people vote? LMAO!!!

Grendel
10-22-2008, 08:23 AM

Why do they need to come here and attack us? We keep sending them new soldiers to kill every day.

Obama might face some crisis, but McCain would probably cause one.

KA24DESOneThree
10-22-2008, 08:49 AM
while biden obama get us back into surplus mode.

No, they won't. Don't kid yourself.

Neither government will fix what's wrong with this country, they'll just exacerbate things.

Phlip
10-22-2008, 09:11 AM
well put. my drunk posts on zilvia could not be better said. let alone argue with mr. super admin. hes just lookin for someone to bitch him out and ban em. instigating, wanting a rise. i mean really, why else does he post this bullcrap? really thinkin he'll change the way people vote? LMAO!!!
Actually, I'd been avoiding this thread because I am tired of the election nonsense, but I will NOT allow you to HONESTLY think that RJF would ban someone because they disagree with his tireless fanship of all things GOP. I mean, seriously, if he were petty enough to ban people for having opinions that differed his own, I would not have been made a moderator after LAST election season, and there would be plenty of users banned by now.

Now, since I am in this thread...

There will be an international crisis NO MATTER WHO is president, watch. McCain gets in and someone(s) will take upon the task of FURTHER exhausting the military, playing directly against the nature that McCaint's has apparently presented himself as having. Unhappy with having lost in Vietnam, he will be far too ignorant to admit defeat ANYWHERE ELSE in the world until he is dead. This will create an immense strain on the military strength and FURTHER strain on US funds, which will weaken the US.
If Obama, they will HOPE he will be weak and vulnerable, thus making direct attacks on the US more effective. If he DOES come out with the gloves off and fights back hard, funds and military will be similarly exhausted and we'll be just as screwed.
This election is a lose/lose situation.

CrimsonRockett
10-22-2008, 09:41 AM
There will be an international crisis NO MATTER WHO is president, watch. McCain gets in and someone(s) will take upon the task of FURTHER exhausting the military, playing directly against the nature that McCaint's has apparently presented himself as having. Unhappy with having lost in Vietnam, he will be far too ignorant to admit defeat ANYWHERE ELSE in the world until he is dead. This will create an immense strain on the military strength and FURTHER strain on US funds, which will weaken the US.
If Obama, they will HOPE he will be weak and vulnerable, thus making direct attacks on the US more effective. If he DOES come out with the gloves off and fights back hard, funds and military will be similarly exhausted and we'll be just as screwed.

Couldn't agree more.

Not to mention the fact that Obama will be the first African American president if elected, that's going to bring him all sorts of trouble. It's sad racism still exists in the world, but there's not much we can do about it. People have certain mindsets. You can't force them to think otherwise.

Also, the RJF thing, I see this thread more as an open debate rather than "oh no, he has the big bold name. I must fear for my life and make sure I don't post up attacks against Mccain because then he'll ban me!"

Mccain is old and like a robot to me. Smile seems very fake and the moment he gets elected as president, that smile will go away and there will be no more "Mr Nice Guy".

But, that's just me. Not everybody agrees with me.

Haha.

Gnnr
10-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Not to mention the fact that Obama will be the first African American president if elected, that's going to bring him all sorts of trouble.

I HATE that people are saying that. Are there racist people? sure. But I can guarantee you more people currently hate Bush than will ever hate Obama for his skin color and he's still alive. And a lot of people keep saying "I don't think America is ready for a black President" thats just code speak for "I don't think I'm ready". Since when was any place "ready" for a first black "insert position of power here" ever in history? If black people wait for any place to be ready, they'll never advance. Go read a black history book people!!! WTF is ready. If where not "ready" now we'll never be. Its the year 200-FUCKING-8! Soon to be 2009, I mean seriously.

Phlip
10-22-2008, 10:36 AM
BULLSHIT. I HATE that people are saying stupid shit like that. Are there racist people? sure. But I can guarantee you more people currently hate Bush than will ever hate Obama for his skin color and he's still alive. And a lot of people keep saying "I don't think America is ready for a black President" thats just code speak for "I don't think I'm ready". Since when was any place "ready" for a first black "insert position of power here" ever in history? If black people wait for any place to be ready, they'll never advance. Go read a black history book people!!! WTF is ready. If where not "ready" now we'll never be. Its the year 200-FUCKING-8! Soon to be 2009, I mean seriously.
Part of me wants to agree with you, part of me sees it slightly different.
There is a seething racial hatred in this country that does not come to the surface until it has to, take note of how middle easterners have been treated since 09/11, and the way that Barack's name has been used to try and lump him into that group. I am a black man, born to parents born in the 50's in the middle of civil rights, I have seen the pictures in my grandmother's album, I have heard the stories, and I refuse to believe that it was all just turned off at the flip of a switch.
Yes, people likely hate George Bush for very tangible reasons, all more tangible than the simple fact that Barack's skin is brown or that his middle name is Hussein, but ingrained hate is one that drives people to irrational actions, even to this very day. Even mind would tell one that assassinating a president is generally a bad idea, basically akin to signing one's own death certificate, BUT I am more than sure that there is someone who would be the one to hit Barack's shell and get his name in a history book, in the name of "saving the sanctity of this fine country."
The riots would be un-fucking-believable. If you thought Watts in 65 and LA in 92 were bad, imagine nationwide rioting. I could very much see it happening if something happens.
Yes, as a black man, I am a bit excited that a black man is in position where it looks more and more likely to become the next president of this country, but I ALSO worry HARD about his safety. And yes, the danger he faces us extra real. I won't say the "not ready for a black president," THAT time was 20-30 years ago, where he would have surely been dead before it ever came to this. It's rare that anyone is ready for anything new until it is upon them. Guess what, folks? The time is upon us.

imotion s14
10-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Don't blame me.. I voted for Ron Paul.

Deftec
10-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Do all the people voting for him count as racists? It'd be racists for whites voting for McCain because he's white, no?

Regardless, it's like giving you a black and white marker, saying pick your favorite color, when it really may be green.

Either way, we're going to go through a lot of shit with either of them. Might as well start preparing.

Phlip
10-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Don't blame me.. I voted for Ron Paul.
Ahhh...
Ron Paul, no real chance of winning, only in the election at this point on that chance of becoming this year's Ralph Nader to someone's Al Gore.
I am willing to pay to see Gore vs. Nader in a deathmatch.

RUTH'LESSDET
10-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Man people will say anything to hate on Obama!!! damn!!!!

ronmcdon
10-22-2008, 12:16 PM

Agreed that it's probably going to be bad for our economy no matter what. however, if money needs to be spent, at least I'd rather it be for something reasonable. I'm actually glad that at least Obama sees that we should have focused on OBL ("We need to kill Bin Laden!") and securing Afghanistan, rather than wasting resources in Iraq. To me that makes a whole lot more sense than McCain's staying in Iraq, as long as needed be.

ronmcdon
10-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I HATE that people are saying that. Are there racist people? sure. But I can guarantee you more people currently hate Bush than will ever hate Obama for his skin color and he's still alive. And a lot of people keep saying "I don't think America is ready for a black President" thats just code speak for "I don't think I'm ready". Since when was any place "ready" for a first black "insert position of power here" ever in history? If black people wait for any place to be ready, they'll never advance. Go read a black history book people!!! WTF is ready. If where not "ready" now we'll never be. Its the year 200-FUCKING-8! Soon to be 2009, I mean seriously.

x2. I'm really shocked W hasn't been assassinated as of yet. personally I wouldn't worry too much about Obama's safety. The few rednecks that are crazy enough to consider trying to take down Obama probably won't be competent enough to do so anyhow.

You figure if the secret service have been good enough to prevent any harm at all to Bush all these years, then a couple of backwater hicks shouldn't be an issue at all. Contrary to all the controversy that he'll get killed by some random bigot, I think the chance of something like that occuring is remote at best.

Phlip
10-22-2008, 12:27 PM
x2. I'm really shocked W hasn't been assassinated as of yet. personally I wouldn't worry too much about Obama's safety. The few rednecks that are crazy enough to consider trying to take down Obama probably won't be competent enough to do so anyhow.

You figure if the secret service have been good enough to prevent any harm at all to Bush all these years, then a couple of backwater hicks shouldn't be an issue at all. Contrary to all the controversy that he'll get killed by some random bigot, I think the chance of something like that occuring is remote at best.
JFK
MLK
RFK
Malcolm X

::tinfoilhat::

rb25_s13*CHUKI
10-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Man people will say anything to hate on Obama!!! damn!!!!

What are we hating on? It's a debate on who we are voting for and what we think about mcain and obama. Did you say oh man why are they hating on al gore? Or what about kerry? Why didn't you say that? Oh yea cause they are WHITE!

I'm tired of hearing oh man you are racist that's why you arent voting for obama! I hear that shit all day long. Get the fuck over your selves.

Walperstyle
10-22-2008, 02:32 PM
From a Canadian perspective

Why don't you guys realize that talking on the internet about politics doesn't solve the problem. It never will. Get back to work and stop expecting the government to fix everything.

If there are no jobs, create them. Jezus.

Walperstyle
10-22-2008, 02:33 PM
edit, go on get the last word on what I said. Still doesnt fix it. :p

ESmorz
10-22-2008, 03:27 PM
JFK
MLK
RFK
Malcolm X

Obama should get a pope mobile.

It truly saddens me that even my own parents have deep seeded racist tendencies. Probably because they grew up in the early 50's and their town was literally segregated, and not one black person lived on their side of town. So sometimes when they talk about this election. All of that said they are very reasonable and are voting for Obama. I think in all actuality this is probably the biggest step in each of their lives to put that petty shit aside and do what they at least think is right for the country.

I also think it's funny that they spawned me. I am probably the most equal opportunity hater in the world. Everyone sucks, everything sucks, and skin color and ethnicity has nothing to do with that.

:keke:

Gnnr
10-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Part of me wants to agree with you, part of me sees it slightly different.
There is a seething racial hatred in this country that does not come to the surface until it has to, take note of how middle easterners have been treated since 09/11, and the way that Barack's name has been used to try and lump him into that group. I am a black man, born to parents born in the 50's in the middle of civil rights, I have seen the pictures in my grandmother's album, I have heard the stories, and I refuse to believe that it was all just turned off at the flip of a switch.
Yes, people likely hate George Bush for very tangible reasons, all more tangible than the simple fact that Barack's skin is brown or that his middle name is Hussein, but ingrained hate is one that drives people to irrational actions, even to this very day. Even mind would tell one that assassinating a president is generally a bad idea, basically akin to signing one's own death certificate, BUT I am more than sure that there is someone who would be the one to hit Barack's shell and get his name in a history book, in the name of "saving the sanctity of this fine country."
The riots would be un-fucking-believable. If you thought Watts in 65 and LA in 92 were bad, imagine nationwide rioting. I could very much see it happening if something happens.
Yes, as a black man, I am a bit excited that a black man is in position where it looks more and more likely to become the next president of this country, but I ALSO worry HARD about his safety. And yes, the danger he faces us extra real. I won't say the "not ready for a black president," THAT time was 20-30 years ago, where he would have surely been dead before it ever came to this. It's rare that anyone is ready for anything new until it is upon them. Guess what, folks? The time is upon us.

Ahh, you quoted me before my edit. Thought I should take out some anger as to not dilute the point I was making. Anyways, I think we are on the same page. I'm not saying racism doesn't exist. And I agree there is a danger, he received secret service agents earlier than any presidential candidate has before when beginning his campaign. But yeah, the time is now.

JFK
MLK
RFK
Malcolm X

Well, there you go. Obama's initials don't end in a constenent, he's safe. lol.

Flipzide
10-22-2008, 04:45 PM
I found this while doing research for my political science paper.

Enjoy.

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gm081022.jpg