PDA

View Full Version : greddy turbo timer help

djandyh
10-16-2008, 02:13 PM
hello people, i think you had this top a number of times, but i soooo need help on it, before a smach the the bloody thing up

i have a 1994 200sx s14
and am wanting to fit a greddy turbo timer, ive tryed 2 harnesses but they dont work so i want to hardwire it in, on the greddy site, it does not tell u were the red/blue/green wires from the turbo timer go, i dont no were which wire goes were on the ignition barrel, i have 6 diffrent wires coming from it, does anyone no, which goes were

thanks

SidewayZ-s14
10-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Why didn't the harnesses work?
They only go on one way.

The black wire is a ground, and the grey is for the E-brake.
If you don't want to have the E-brake enabled, just ground that as well.

djandyh
10-16-2008, 02:29 PM
well with the turbo timer, u have a ground on it, its the red/blue/greem wires on the turbo timer, i want to no were them wires go on the ignition barrel, i can write down the colours of each wires what are coming for the ingition plug.

god knows why the harneses diden work, there just a pile of crap, i think some people have that problem with them

Maiku240sxS14
10-16-2008, 04:26 PM
well i have installed the Greddy Turbo Timer on my 95 240sx and yes the place i bought it from said that the harness is plug and play. Which is not! I called Greddy and they said that the harness will not work without modifying the harness. I can't remember exactly how i connected it but its a matter of switching around the terminals on the sockets. Do you have the instructions that show you what each wire if for? If so grab a volt meter and start measuring. It wasn't that hard to figure out.

rotation3x
10-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Turbo timer install

All wires must be wired to the ignition wires. DO NOT use radio/fuse box locations.

FATT
RED: 12V constant
BLUE: ACC Ign. power
GREEN: ON Ign. power
Black: Chassis Ground

Purple goes to ecu speed signal I believe it is green/yellow

Brown goes to E- brake

240sx S14 Ignition wiring
12v RED goes to white/red wire
ACC Ign. BLUE goes to blue wire
ON Ign. GREEN goes to red wire

sliEighty
10-16-2008, 06:51 PM
just make sure it has a good ground, i was having trouble installing mine and then i tried a different ground and it worked great.

djandyh
10-17-2008, 12:02 AM
thanks for this guys, i dont have a volt meter you see

zaquanh
10-17-2008, 12:07 AM
well i have installed the Greddy Turbo Timer on my 95 240sx and yes the place i bought it from said that the harness is plug and play. Which is not! I called Greddy and they said that the harness will not work without modifying the harness. I can't remember exactly how i connected it but its a matter of switching around the terminals on the sockets. Do you have the instructions that show you what each wire if for? If so grab a volt meter and start measuring. It wasn't that hard to figure out.

u prolly got a turbo timer harness that works for the s13 , some have diffrent pinouts , and it will work on a s14 but if you plut it up on the s14 it wonr function right
depends who u got the harness from

djandyh
10-17-2008, 12:10 AM
this is the colour what come from my ingition plug

black wire/white strip<<<<>>>>white wire/blue strip<<<<>>>>white wire/blue strip

white wire<<<<<<>>>>>>>>black wire/yellow strip<<<<>>>>>black wire/red strip

DrftKingIII
10-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Okay Im having a similar problem. I got the turbo timer and harness all connected up. I turn the key on accessory and my radio and everything comes on, including the turbo timer. Now when I go to start the car, nothing happens. It stays on accessory. Its like its not sending the signal to the starter to fire the shit up. But everything else on the car is on and working properly.

Also, I was remember reading on the Greddy site that I didnt have to have the brown wire and the purple wire plugged in for the e-brake and ecu signals so I left those out. It didnt work so I just tried grounding them and that didnt work either. I can take the harness out and put the stock one back in and the car fires right up, obviously. But when the TT harness is in, it doesnt send a signal to the starter to start up...

HELLPPP.

zaquanh
10-27-2008, 06:17 PM
IF ITS A S14 read my post

alwyzDTF
04-04-2013, 03:09 PM
bumping a 20,000 year old thread, sorry. Just reading around a bit trying to get my greddy unit installed. I know the purple wire goes to the ECU speed signal wire...BUT I have a purple and brown wire that goes to a small black female plug with 2 prongs.

Question is do I just cut and splice the purple wire into the ecu and not use the brown wire with the plug on it?