PDA

View Full Version : module in distributor- what is it, how to remove it?

Nerfdude
01-26-2003, 12:00 PM
my problem seems to be stemming from the module in the distributor that you plug a harness into from the side.... if you've read my previous posts, you'll know that i have a porblem where the car sometimes just won't start. it's manifested in a few ways. but i can replicate the problem by unplugging this harness, which leads me to believe that it's the problem. does anyone know what it's called and/or if it's removable? do i need a whole new distributor? thanks...

drift freaq
01-26-2003, 08:37 PM
well its not sold seperately if thats what you are after. Most yards would not sell you the module itself either. You are looking at getting another distributor which is roughly around $50-70 from a yard.

Nerfdude
01-27-2003, 02:42 PM
damn. i'm sure i can just buy the module at a yard, b/c here it's pull-it-yourself, and when i get up to the front desk with a little chunk of distributor, what are they gonna do- make me go back out and put it back together? i do'nt think so... but it's so small i'd just pocket it anyway :D
damn engine.

kandyflip445
01-27-2003, 03:31 PM
WOOHOOO! GO FIVE-FINGER DISCOUNT!:D

Nerfdude
01-27-2003, 07:21 PM
damn right... anything that i can fit in my pockets/friends' pockets/pants/under my shirt/under my jacket/in my shoes/in my socks/in my toolbag is free :p